The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
OiaB
i'm sorry but i'm struggling to understand what you don't like about approaches?

i just find them so. like. non-hard?

can i help?

Well, I've been alright with them up until now.

Part B) must we contextualise our answer? apply it to the stimulus or just give strengths and limitations of the approach itself?!

and just generally with trying to find appropriate approaches to use I struggle with... well, I'm alright with behavioural approach but I can't find anything for the others...
Reply 681
h3artie
Hahaha. I used to love him when he was on the radio but the show is just annoying.. I can't stand how these people are making money off of miserable lowlives. And how he's either nice or nasty to people depending on his own judgements. Okkkkkkay but this is totally not about Jeremy Kyle....

Haha, I swear, everytime I divert my attention to something else I'm like AGHHHHH NOOOO must get back to psychology or all the info will be lost.

>_<

now read the helpful post :wink:
Reply 682
h3artie
Well, I've been alright with them up until now.

Part B) must we contextualise our answer? apply it to the stimulus or just give strengths and limitations of the approach itself?!

and just generally with trying to find appropriate approaches to use I struggle with... well, I'm alright with behavioural approach but I can't find anything for the others...

you most reference the stimulus throughout - that's how you get the top marks.
there's a little example of A)

e.g. Errol has learned through operant conditioning (reinforcement) that being attractive is a positive attribute to have, the reinforcement will have come from his peers who have complimented him on his attractive features and muscular physique. As a result, Errol fears this reinforcement will disappear if he wears glasses.

for B) i think if you can contextualise it, then you should. If you can make a crit applicable to the character then it looks far better. But tbh - i find that a lot of the time its hard :frown:

and for me - i choose which approach to take my going through and circling words that seem appropriate to a theory.

i.e. "urge" = ID = Freud, compliments = reinforcement = behaviourism.

**** like that :wink:
Arghhhhhhhhhhh! Last minute panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ARGHHHHH
charkate_x
Arghhhhhhhhhhh! Last minute panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ARGHHHHH

I feel the same way :frown:
Seriously people, calm down!
*whimpers* whats spontaneous recovery (in conditioning)?
Reply 687
omg leaked exam paper.

PYA5JUNE2008
LowRider
omg leaked exam paper.

PYA5JUNE2008

Haha that was awesome.
Reply 689
You should be ashamed of cheating ¬¬
LowRider
You should be ashamed of cheating ¬¬

You should be ashamed of lying!!
Reply 691
You should have F.U.N in your exam :tongue:
LowRider
You should have F.U.N in your exam :tongue:

I would of had even more F.U.N. if that WAS the real exam paper.

:mad:
Reply 693
lol :tongue: Youll be fine
Lmao I think we needed that laugh :p:
Good questions, approaches was guess work though!
I had a schizophrenia essay all written out in my head, stupid depression :\
Ahhh why did depression come up?!?? :frown: i only had time ot revise schiz.. dammn
i hoped it would have been schiz.. but i kept writing schizophrenia and then crossing it out cos i meant depression, it was instilled in me!
Reply 699
lol me too with the getting schizo and depression mixed

Latest

Trending

Trending