What is the point of life? (atheists only please) Watch

Llamageddon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by The Bachelor)
Why is heaven a point of life at all?
he is effectively saying death is the point of life. Which is scary.
NHM713
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by XRT56901214)
...We, humans not "intelligent enough" to understand why we here and why we live, we just baby in our universe, intelligent live in universe is much bigger picture and we just can't understand, we just not there yet. I do know we have purpose of life like humans like intelligent spices (basic intelligent spices), only you can understand reason of life if you believe intelligent live after life in different for/or dimensions/universe/ reincarnation, you consciousness continues go there or next experience of next life energy offer...

Human design for purpose, (your or my design maybe just open door for somebody in time/place in life or just drive to somebody to somewhere, or be somebody and do something, maybe noting mining to you but it's mining for big picture what maybe not make any cent to you or me...)

Only time you be understand why you here and where you go, only when you die...

We are meant to be gardeners btw.
NHM713
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Llamageddon)
he is effectively saying death is the point of life. Which is scary.
Why is it scary?
XRT56901214
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
...We, humans not
Llamageddon
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NHM713)
Why is it scary?
because not being afraid of death can cause people to do pretty awful things
NHM713
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
because not being afraid of death can cause people to do pretty awful things
Being afraid of death is irrational, fear is irrational.
Llamageddon
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Being afraid of death is irrational, fear is irrational.
yeah, erm, no. Fear can be irrational but being scared of death is not an irrational fear. I shouldn't even have to explain why which is why I think you're trying to troll me.
NHM713
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
yeah, erm, no. Fear can be irrational but being scared of death is not an irrational fear. I shouldn't even have to explain why which is why I think you're trying to troll me.
Yes it is, because it going to happen anyway, it's an unavailable fact. That doesn't mean, you're going to be reckless. It's actually very liberating....and no, I am not trolling. Have a good think about it.
Llamageddon
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes it is, because it going to happen anyway, it's an unavailable fact. That doesn't mean, you're going to be reckless. It's actually very liberating....and no, I am not trolling. Have a good think about it.
actually, when there are people found to be genuinely without fear, that is exactly what it means.
NHM713
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
actually, when there are people found to be genuinely without fear, that is exactly what it means.
You don't know that to be true.
capitalismstinks
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Best way to explain this is by asking people what they think point of life is for a plant?.....Easy, to consume sunlight and grow.

Then, after this thought, its easy to extrapolate what point of life is for humans.

The human without growth is the plant without sunlight.
NHM713
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by capitalismstinks)
Best way to explain this is by asking people what they think point of life is for a plant?.....Easy, to consume sunlight and grow.

Then, after this thought, its easy to extrapolate what point of life is for humans.

The human without growth is the plant without sunlight.
\

What do you mean by 'growth'?
Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There isn't one?

I feel that people are far too desperate to cling on to 'meaning' and 'purpose' and 'value' in life, when these are all simply arbitrary, subjective terms.

The only "point" to be made is that this life is everything you want it to be.
aaronlowe
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'd say to experience fulfillment, since trying to experience that when you're dead might be difficult.

I choose to see life as a window of opportunity, like rockets that have a chance to enter the atmosphere. A little too early and they burn up. A little too late and they bounce off. This opportunity needs to be taken exactly right.

The moment you feel fulfillment the question disappears and all you are left with is the answer. Then and only then do you know what the point of life is. The second you question it again, you won't.

Don't ask my why as I haven't figured that out yet. All I know is this is the way it is. As to why, I pass that onto a more knowledgeable soul than me...
XRT56901214
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We are meant to be gardeners btw.
Good Thinking...
dossedudex
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
is the point of life not to avoid pain?

haha, sorry unless u are into sm ofcourse.
NHM713
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Good Thinking...
If you give it some thought, right?
XRT56901214
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you give it some thought, right?
Yep, like yesterday or tomorrow...
RachJess4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There is no point. Our race is a biological accident evolved from some other biological accidents. We don't have a reason to exist. We just do.

...Wow okay now I realise why some religious people think us atheists are cynical.

I don't mean it like we shoudn't exist, we just don't really HAVE to exist; we choose to. Isn't that better than having some purpose you have to fulfil? Being here by choice?
NHM713
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yep, like yesterday or tomorrow...
Lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (176)
67.43%
No (85)
32.57%

Watched Threads