UEA Accommodation Watch

This discussion is closed.
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jaredss)
Just another quick question. I sent an email via hotmail to accept my offer- is there anyway of checking they have recieved it.

Also- it says CT 10-19. I take it that means I'm in either one of those 10 flats and thats decided when we get there

I see you are doing medicine. Congratulations
As far as I'm aware you just assume they have received it :dontknow:

And yep, that's what I understand the numbers to be. Or in some cases it's the "block" number. Did you go for ensuite campus or a flat type room? Cause if it's the former it'll be the block number you're in (each block consisting of about 8 rooms) and in your case there's a bit of choice, and if it's the latter then yeah it'll be flat number I guess

And thanks....I can't believe it's actually happening Congrats to you too for making an excellent choice of uni
UEAAccommodation
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ok, these are the other questions we get asked all the time!

We don't reply to your "accept" email that you send us. This is for a couple of reasons really. Firstly, you get bombarded with enough emails as it is from us! Also, we need to be careful how many we send out as providers like hotmail have a nasty habit of blocking all @UEA.ac.uk emails we try to send if we send too many meaning that we can't even send offers out to people waiting for them.

The second reason is that if we sent a reply to you we would be replying to your reply to our reply to your application from our invitation to you. Any more corospondance might be a bit much!

In answer to your second question, that's right you have been allocated in one of those 10 flats. You could be in any one of 100 rooms at this stage. We are still moving people around the residences at the moment so that we meet the integration standards we set ourselves (that I mentioned a couple of posts ago).
Jaredss
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
I cannot wait. I aplied for ensuite campus and an kinda over the moon I got it, and Constable Terrace was the accomodation I visited during the open day. oh and it was the lake that did it :yep:

Only another 5 years till you graduate with a MBMS- I'd be jumping hoops if I were you....and got in :emo:. No I'll enjoy my 3 years without patients . Anyway gess hard work starts here.

(Original post by UEAAccommodation)
Thanks for the detailed response. I was just slightly worried about using hotmail, I know its not the most reliable for things like this.
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I cannot wait. I aplied for ensuite campus and an kinda over the moon I got it, and Constable Terrace was the accomodation I visited during the open day. oh and it was the lake that did it :yep:

Only another 5 years till you graduate with a MBMS- I'd be jumping hoops if I were you....and got in :emo:. No I'll enjoy my 3 years without patients . Anyway gess hard work starts here.

Thanks for the detailed response. I was just slightly worried about using hotmail, I know its not the most reliable for things like this.
I'm en suite village, but still waiting to hear. I've seen village, constable terrace and nelson court during various days up there. And yeah, the lake is awesome :yep: I use that in my argument when I'm trying to convince people on here to apply to UEA (mainly for medicine)

And haha it's an MBBS :p: But yeah I am very happy, and I can't wait to start (I just hope I can cope ) And got in? Did you apply for medicine too? Well as long as you enjoy it, that's the main thing.
Jaredss
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I applied there with a rather rushed application and some what limited work experince and got rejected before interview the day my holiday started. But its all good and I have an awesome 3 years ahead studying something more science based. I'm sure you'll cope- just need to get some teddy bears to practice on

I ruled out village as I was more keen to spend time on campus , but its looks modern and quite quiet from the pictures. I bet it livens right up when freshers move in :woo:
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I applied there with a rather rushed application and some what limited work experince and got rejected before interview the day my holiday started. But its all good and I have an awesome 3 years ahead studying something more science based. I'm sure you'll cope- just need to get some teddy bears to practice on

I ruled out village as I was more keen to spend time on campus , but its looks modern and quite quiet from the pictures. I bet it livens right up when freshers move in :woo:
What a great start to your holiday! :rolleyes:

And ahhh fair enough. Are you going to do grad entry or are you just sticking with biomed? And haha either that or I'll have to find some willing friends to allow me near them

Yeah well I went for it cause it's slightly cheaper and to walk home to it from the campus you pass the sportspark, which means I'll be more likely to pop in and use the gym etc on the way home "just cause I feel like it"

It's 3 weeks and 3 days until I move there :woo:
Jaredss
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Got an interview at penninsula on new years eve- but I flunked that. Will prob do grad entry, but will wait and see. Definitely going to try get work at the hospital to get more work experience - its so close .

lmao I sure everyone runs away from medics with syringes and sterits. I'm sure they force you to try procedures on yourself first :awesome:

Why so early- I've still got another 5 weeks. They will fly by but im gonna go start making lists, as tonnes of sticky notes and lists keeps me sane :woo:

Thats the best way to choose accomodation, and will probably end up working

aplogies for taking over this hread which should actually be about accommodation
BethanW
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

In answer to your second question, that's right you have been allocated in one of those 10 flats. You could be in any one of 100 rooms at this stage. We are still moving people around the residences at the moment so that we meet the integration standards we set ourselves (that I mentioned a couple of posts ago).
Just out of curiosity, will we find out our flat number before we, once it's been decided, or on the day when we pick up our keys?

Thanks for your help, it's really nice to have someone here to answer all these questions!
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Got an interview at penninsula on new years eve- but I flunked that. Will prob do grad entry, but will wait and see. Definitely going to try get work at the hospital to get more work experience - its so close .

lmao I sure everyone runs away from medics with syringes and sterits. I'm sure they force you to try procedures on yourself first :awesome:

Why so early- I've still got another 5 weeks. They will fly by but im gonna go start making lists, as tonnes of sticky notes and lists keeps me sane :woo:

Thats the best way to choose accomodation, and will probably end up working

aplogies for taking over this hread which should actually be about accommodation
Ahhh I had an interview at Peninsula too (although mine was more successful than yours....) you have EXCELLENT taste in medical schools And yeah, you never know, you might start the course and completely fall in love with it and never give medicine a second thought.

Yeah, it is really close, which is another good thing about UEA. Although you'll probably have to compete with all the medics looking for work there too :p:

Haha I'll just have to ask them really nicely :angel: Although I'm sure you wouldn't try them out on yourself, half the things you wouldn't even be able to do to yourself, and you can't hear your own heartbeat using a stethoscope...although I'm not sure why that is I'm assuming all the medical students try things out on each other :p:

Yeah, medics arrive earlier than everyone else (or so it seems) and have their own freshers/introductory week, followed by normal freshers week, although I'm assuming by then we've started the course. The medic terms are longer than other courses anyway, which means I have short summers to look forward to :p:

Ahhh lists I love them, and I'm not sure I'd survive without them. To do lists are :sexface:

Yeah, I hope so. That's another reason I chose UEA, I can't wait to get stuck in to all the sports
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by BethanW)
Just out of curiosity, will we find out our flat number before we, once it's been decided, or on the day when we pick up our keys?

Thanks for your help, it's really nice to have someone here to answer all these questions!
You find that out on the day
BethanW
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You find that out on the day
Okay. Thanks
UEAAccommodation
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I know I've said this before but can I just remind everyone that WE DON'T reply to the "accept" email that is sent out. Please don't worry if you do not get a response to this - its normal, there are 3500 of you in our accommodation and it not an automated system! The only other thing you will receive from us (the Accommodation Office) after you send that response is an invitation to join one of the facebook groups but this may take a few days as we do these in batches once we have made a good few offers.

Having said that I know how exciting it is to be in your positions at this stage so I'm happy to help with any questions you have about anything else!
andrea86
Report 8 years ago
Having said that I know how exciting it is to be in your positions at this stage so I'm happy to help with any questions you have about anything else!
One question -
Is it possible to know which buildings from The Village will be housing postgrad students? I know there may be more than one, but if it's like 1-2 houses, it would be a little easier to make some new friends on the FB page =] thanks
UEAAccommodation
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by andrea86)
One question -
Is it possible to know which buildings from The Village will be housing postgrad students? I know there may be more than one, but if it's like 1-2 houses, it would be a little easier to make some new friends on the FB page =] thanks
Postgrads will be in Courtyard B. If you are a Postgrad and have an allocation for the Village you will be in that building.

Oh, and if you are an undergraduate you could also be allocated in the same building so don't worry if your offer letter said that's where you are. Its pretty big. The two groups are in two different areas though.
andrea86
Report 8 years ago
Postgrads will be in Courtyard B. If you are a Postgrad and have an allocation for the Village you will be in that building.

Oh, and if you are an undergraduate you could also be allocated in the same building so don't worry if your offer letter said that's where you are. Its pretty big. The two groups are in two different areas though.
Thanks so much! yep I'm an international postgrad and got my offer a few days/weeks ago, but it only mentioned The Village. This helps a lot! :woo:
Jaredss
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have excellent taste in everything ....er :no:
Competition is fun, so long as I win :sexface: I'm NOT like that at all, but I can't wait to start playing badminton again regularly amongst a few other things. I doubt no amount of charm is going to persuade a student that IV and venipunctures are painless but good luck, I'm sure you medics will have procedure gatherings. never knew about the heartbeat thing- your sig speak the truth

Cannot believe you arrive earlier, and effectivly go through freshers twice. Does that mean rent is more expensive or is rent the same regardless of course legnth?

Am also extremly excited that I wont know exacly who I'm sharing a flat with :yep:

lists are just plain amazing- life would cease without them, and dont get me started on flashcards :eek3:
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have excellent taste in everything ....er :no:
Competition is fun, so long as I win :sexface: I'm NOT like that at all, but I can't wait to start playing badminton again regularly amongst a few other things. I doubt no amount of charm is going to persuade a student that IV and venipunctures are painless but good luck, I'm sure you medics will have procedure gatherings. never knew about the heartbeat thing- your sig speak the truth

Cannot believe you arrive earlier, and effectivly go through freshers twice. Does that mean rent is more expensive or is rent the same regardless of course legnth?

Am also extremly excited that I wont know exacly who I'm sharing a flat with :yep:

lists are just plain amazing- life would cease without them, and dont get me started on flashcards :eek3:
Haha well nobody's perfect
And haha I'm the opposite to you in that respect. It's really bad, but I turn everything into a competition. Competitions that I have to win, as I'm a perfectionist too :p:
And haha I could use charm, or I could get them really drunk and then wait for them to pass out :laugh:
And yup, it's ridiculous the amount of random/useless information I know....

I know, in a way it's good, as I can't wait to be there, but I still have a lot to sort out, which makes it bad. But tbh I'm not a drinker anyway, so I'm not sure 2 weeks of freshers is actually a good thing :dontknow: Well you pay weekly, so I just have to pay for a few more weeks where it overruns. I think the longest year is about 42 weeks, but I'm not sure if that involves easter/xmas holidays etc, so I'll just have to see when I get to that year. So it does make accommodation slughtly more expensive, but I shall live with that to study medicine :p:

Yeah it's quite exciting, but I'm slighlt yworried too. Cause I arrive earlier in my accommodation, it will probably just be me and one other medic there, so I best hope I get on with them (and I'm not the best at initiating conversations/small talk) so we shall see

I love crossing things off lists. Although then they look messy which annoys me (what with me being a perfectionist and hating things messy) so I usually end up re-writing them omitting the things I've already done...
readjono
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You will soon become acquainted with the fire alarm
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by readjono)
You will soon become acquainted with the fire alarm
How many times does that happen a week/month/year? As I can imagine myself getting really p****d off :p:
readjono
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How many times does that happen a week/month/year? As I can imagine myself getting really p****d off :p:
It depends what knobs have access to the fire alarm really! It's not too great at the start of the year but the novelty does wear off.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 9 Feb '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Tue, 12 Mar '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (529)
80.4%
Leave (129)
19.6%

Watched Threads