ReputationRep:
    Gunnerhea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul9PgdTXa5o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notepad)
    Gunners are prevalent in med school - I wish I was one *lazy*
    Embrace your inner wasteman.

ReputationRep:
    I'm turning into a gunner - I can quote studies and meta-analysis. I'll still be failing MCEM A next month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blatant Troll)
    Sorry I've been off here for a while.

A mixture of reading & re-reading, and also writing notes. I only write notes on stuff I find confusing, or if I'm recapping/mindmapping later that day/week to see what's gone in. I feel there's too much to write up otherwise. I also like explaining stuff to mates if I'm comfortable with a topic that they're struggling with (rare! I normally just explain stuff to myself lol). If you can explain a topic clearly to someone, then you're winning.

That said, some people still make ridiculously detailed revision timetables and notes, all filed meticulously. Each to their own!

Sociology is definitely blaggable, but before the exam I'd have a leisurely read of that blue book they recommend for all your fluffy stuff throughout the year (Sociology as Applied to Medicine, Scambler). Epidemiology was relatively (and surprisingly) unblaggable - a fair bit of lecture-specific facts & figures. Nowhere near enough to fail the exam though.

I remember a lecture from the epidemiology course leader at the end of first term, in which she painstakingly highlighted everything we actually needed to revise for the exam, and was ostensibly doing us all a huge favour. But when I started going back over the lectures during the summer term, it quickly became apparent she basically wanted us to know everything.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Appreciate the reply I'm skipping EP/Soc&Health lectures.. as I just end up falling asleep. Will just run through the slides when I'm bored (probably towards the end of next yr lol).
    FCA today - looking forward to it!!

Oh, and another thing - re: exam questions. What type of questions do they give? Recall or application to cases etc? And do they test like even the smallest of detail or stick to broad topics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    I'm turning into a gunner - I can quote studies and meta-analysis. I'll still be failing MCEM A next month.
    Why are you taking it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Why are you taking it?
    For fun. Err... Primary FRCA practice? Erm... because it turns out I quite like EM...

ReputationRep:
    Whew, another formative passed with very little revision - like a bawss.

ReputationRep:
    What kind of **** tells me that they heard a good murmer then not only won't tell me where the patient is but also won't even tell me what the ****ing murmer was?

ARGH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    What kind of **** tells me that they heard a good murmer then not only won't tell me where the patient is but also won't even tell me what the ****ing murmer was?

ARGH
    Did you ask them there the patients was? Did you tell them to not be a **** if they said no? Cannot stand gunners!

ReputationRep:

ARGH
    That's mad. But to be honest, if someone is so worked up like that, you could troll them big time by telling them all sorts of bs to make them jelly.

ReputationRep:
    I know there are a few proper PC/gaming people over here, so this may be of some interest. I found a few PCs in our libraries that are running the intel i7 2600 CPU. It's not the unlocked 'K' version but still, that's insane for just word processing and browsing! That one CPU probably cost more than most of the other entire computers there. Just thought I'd share. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    Did you ask them there the patients was? Did you tell them to not be a **** if they said no? Cannot stand gunners!
    I asked. They ran off before I could ask anymore though.

(Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    That's mad. But to be honest, if someone is so worked up like that, you could troll them big time by telling them all sorts of bs to make them jelly.
    As tempting as that is I would rather not. It is tempting me to work hard enough to totally crush their end of year score but that probably won't achieve anything so I am probably just goin to go home now a bit early to get ready for rocky horror.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    I know there are a few proper PC/gaming people over here, so this may be of some interest. I found a few PCs in our libraries that are running the intel i7 2600 CPU. It's not the unlocked 'K' version but still, that's insane for just word processing and browsing! That one CPU probably cost more than most of the other entire computers there. Just thought I'd share. lol
    This is imperial who feel widescreen are such a necessity.

I like the ultra fast Internet in halls though.

ReputationRep:
    I asked. They ran off before I could ask anymore though.
    When it comes to gunners, I don't believe a word they say.

I've heard some pretty ballsy things as well: some 4rd year piping up that they shocked someone during resus when they in fact were a total shrinking violet during an arrest.

Others have said they practically did a key part of the surgery with assistance.

All *******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    When it comes to gunners, I don't believe a word they say.

I've heard some pretty ballsy things as well: some 4rd year piping up that they shocked someone during resus when they in fact were a total shrinking violet during an arrest.

Others have said they practically did a key part of the surgery with assistance.

All *******s.
    This is one of the ones who Cannulate all of a&e though (see earlier) so possible. I have heard aortic stenosis and regurg and mitral stenosis. Would just like to hear more

ReputationRep:
    This is imperial who feel widescreen are such a necessity.

I like the ultra fast Internet in halls though.
    Yeah, those are really, really nice. I'm building a computer now and was quite content with getting a 19" monitor - until I used the 23" ones. They're beautiful. But even those, mostly have basic components, just a nice screen. The ones I'm talking about are high-end quad-core hyperthreading 3.4Ghz processors.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    If I was to present something at a regional level, what sort of evidence would I need to say I'd done it? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    That's pretty mad. It's *technically* a better CPU than in my rig, albeit not really because mine will be under water and is the unlocked K version so will have a much higher performance when I'm finished.

I haven't used the computers in the library for aaaageees but I wouldn't be suprised if it was an old P4 or something. They're pretty cack.

(Original post by SMed)
    Yeah, those are really, really nice. I'm building a computer now and was quite content with getting a 19" monitor - until I used the 23" ones. They're beautiful. But even those, mostly have basic components, just a nice screen. The ones I'm talking about are high-end quad-core hyperthreading 3.4Ghz processors.
    Your library has a 23" widescreen monitor in it? I know Imperial are pretty big on comp sci but dude...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    That's pretty mad. It's *technically* a better CPU than in my rig, albeit not really because mine will be under water and is the unlocked K version so will have a much higher performance when I'm finished.

I haven't used the computers in the library for aaaageees but I wouldn't be suprised if it was an old P4 or something. They're pretty cack.

Your library has a 23" widescreen monitor in it? I know Imperial are pretty big on comp sci but dude...
    Most of the sites now have 23" monitors. I'm talking probably several hundred 23" monitors just bought this summer. TBH, I don't see why. They had pretty good 19" before that and there was NOTHING wrong with them! 19" WS monitors are MORE THAN acceptable for general purpose library computers.

And most of the PCs have the previous generation i3 processors which, again, are more than enough for what they're being used for.

Have you got the 2500K? I got one a few weeks ago from the States for £135 (retail version).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.