Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The only team I could see knocking arsenal out are sociedad... bar that they'll be fine tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    What a stupid boy Ryo is :facepalm2:

Chamakh to play for Ian Holloway. That's gun be good.

And why are we pointlessly playing City in Helsinki. What's to gain from that?
    Miyaichi you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Miyaichi you mean?
    Yh hiding an injury so that he can take a penalty in a glorified kick about on his motherland is a high level of stupidness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    The only team I could see knocking arsenal out are sociedad... bar that they'll be fine tbh.
    I deffo see any opponent scoring a goal or two at the Emirates.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    One thing for sure, Arsenal will have a tough time making it to the CL proper. If we get PSV, Sociedad or Fenerbache, it is gonna be extremely close.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hope we get PSV, will probably drive over to watch it in that case.

ReputationRep:
    I deffo see any opponent scoring a goal or two at the Emirates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Go check our European record at the emirates and get back to me.

ReputationRep:
    I was at the Emirates today, north bank lower. The Galatasaray fans were absolute nutters. But I must say they have a great passion for their team, maybe too much.

ReputationRep:
    Brendan Rodgers on Arsenal's £40,000,001 bid: "I was surprised at the bid. I always associated them as a club with class but we'll move on."

Brendan Rogers is seriously delusional. It was Liverpool who revealed all of Arsenal’s bids for Suarez in a sad attempt to alert Real Madrid. It was Liverpool’s owner who was making stupid jokes about Arsenal and the bid. He’s the one who claimed Suarez is worth as much as Bale inflated price, trying to squeeze as much cash of Arsenal.

Arsenal and Wenger have kept completely quiet over the deal. Liverpool have been doing all the talking.

Sauce: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...rsenal-2124283

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Hope we get PSV, will probably drive over to watch it in that case.
    Wow, you can drive that far. I get lost on the way to Edmonton from our stadium.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Go check our European record at the emirates and get back to me.
    It's not vintage tbh. If it were we would have been performing a lot better in Europe. I do think we'll go through but it's not gonna be a stroll in the park. Arsenal are not that team anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Brendan Rodgers on Arsenal's £40,000,001 bid: "I was surprised at the bid. I always associated them as a club with class but we'll move on."

Brendan Rogers is seriously delusional. It was Liverpool who revealed all of Arsenal’s bids for Suarez in a sad attempt to alert Real Madrid. It was Liverpool’s owner who was making stupid jokes about Arsenal and the bid. He’s the one who claimed Suarez is worth as much as Bale inflated price, trying to squeeze as much cash of Arsenal.

Arsenal and Wenger have kept completely quiet over the deal. Liverpool have been doing all the talking.

Sauce: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...rsenal-2124283
    Rodgers is new to the big boys' business; probably still pinches himself every morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you can drive that far. I get lost on the way to Edmonton from our stadium.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I'm pretty hopeless if I'm in an area of London I dont know(entirely clueless about South for a start) but getting to Holland is piss easy. M20 straight to Dover and Calais to Eindhoven is just another motorway, takes a few hours. Just passed my test last year and only drive every few months so I still quite enjoy it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Suarez didn't attend Gerrard's post-testimonial match dinner. As if Liverpool fans didn't already know how badly he wants to leave their club. I'd be lying if I said a little part of me didn't want to pinch Suarez just to stick it to Rodgers. He's got a big gob for someone who's done very little.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    What a stupid boy Ryo is :facepalm2:

Chamakh to play for Ian Holloway. That's gun be good.

And why are we pointlessly playing City in Helsinki. What's to gain from that?
    presumably because it's the closest they're going to get to playing in the Community Shield for a while.

---

(Original post by BBC)
    Arsenal were booed off at half-time against Napoli and at full-time against Galatasaray
    Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23570792

is this true :confused: if so Arsenal fans are even more fickle than I thought. It's pre-season ffs, and they're not exactly bad teams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    Apparently Suarez didn't attend Gerrard's post-testimonial match dinner. As if Liverpool fans didn't already know how badly he wants to leave their club. I'd be lying if I said a little part of me didn't want to pinch Suarez just to stick it to Rodgers. He's got a big gob for someone who's done very little.
    Yeah I hated Rodgers before this Square episode but now even more. He needs a slap and a reality check - he thinks he's building another great Liverpool team. Watch Liverpool finish 6th/7th again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So Arsenal fans are getting upset that BR is saying the same things pretty much all managers say to get the most money they can for their players?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameronHayward)
    presumably because it's the closest they're going to get to playing in the Community Shield for a while.

---

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23570792

is this true :confused: if so Arsenal fans are even more fickle than I thought. It's pre-season ffs, and they're not exactly bad teams.
    I don't think the boos are necessarily to do with the results but rather that the fans are thinking 'same old again'. We were promised everything and got nothing so far. I don't blame the fans one bit for voicing their frustrations today - better now than mid season when it's too late to do anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    I don't see who they can get that will spur on this much talked about title challenge of theirs... Higuain was absolutely perfect for them, Wenger is an idiot for not paying up for him. At the end of the day, the old man has to realise that inflation has ****ed up the transfer market majorly since January 2011 and that £35m is not an extraordinary fee for a player in his prime, whose goals to minutes ratio is secondary only to Lionel 4 Ballon D'Ors Messi.

They need a striker who will drop off a bit, then find a bit of space, before or whilst receiving the ball at his feet, and then will put the ball in the back of the net. Soldado would have been good, but he's gone, and now they'll have to go into a lower tier of strikers. Suarez is the only upper tier striker available and no way in hell is John Henry going to sell him to Arsenal. Therefore, any successful move that Arsenal make for Suarez or any other top tier striker would be sensational and audacious - the very words you do not associate with Arsenal's transfer policy. Can't see Wenger buying a lower tier striker to compete with Giroud either. They're ****ed. They missed out on Higuain, now they're ****ed. Enjoy Olivier Giroud for a whole season Gooners.

Gerrard has said that our entire season hinges on Suarez... flattery indeed, but I'd say Arsenal's season depends on the gob****e even more than ours does.
    This is something I wrote in the Liverpool thread. By my last statement, I meant that Suarez or not, Liverpool will finish 4/5/6th, but adding Suarez would be the difference between (potentially) 5th and 1st for you lot. With that clarified, how much of what I believe do you guys agree with?

Btw I'm genuinely not wumming, I'd just like to see your point of view on the Higuain debacle, and if you guys have any other transfer targets?

ReputationRep:
    Look, it may look really bad after what happened today, but I really do believe we had some bad luck.

At 1-0, going into the last 25 mins of the game we really were dominating, and after Giroud came on, we did actually look more threatening from set-pieces.

Then, a rare break from the Turks resulted in what I can only say was a diabolical decision. I was at the match, and me and everyone around me went 'waaayyy' because we saw Drogba fall over. And that's exactly what he did. Oh wait, no. The referee decides it's a penalty and he scores.

What I CAN criticize is our terrible 'mental strength', even though Wenger seems to pride himself on the team's mental strength. You want a quick response after a disappointment like that, and it never really happened. Everything became very lazy, and passes were missing the target on a number of occasions. Then obviously Drogba did score again, I'll hold my hands up and say that was a sick goal.

It's actually good that we lost this, because If we had won it, Wenger would be saying, 'As you can see, we are strong enough to compete this year'. Now because we have lost, and pretty soundly, he really does need to go out and get Suarez.

ReputationRep:
    It's not vintage tbh. If it were we would have been performing a lot better in Europe. I do think we'll go through but it's not gonna be a stroll in the park. Arsenal are not that team anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unless you face sociedad I doubt you'll struggle. That's all I need to say about this.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.