Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)

It's our unpredictability in the transfer marker too - other clubs are getting their major targets sorted before hand, we all know they are.

I just don't want another season of what ifs, I want our new signings to bond in ASAP. The window for Wenger opens during the last week of August, he said so himself. It's when prices drop significantly, and we don't need to wait anymore. We got the funds.

Don't tell me your relaxed about this window? Non of our fans can be relaxed! Not with our history. As much as I love Wenger, I do wish he'd mould his transfer policy to the present..
    so are we? just because it's not reported does mean nothing is going on.

signings dont bond in the transfer window, especially with the world cup coming up. they bond when they get gametime together. when did he say this?

he is moulding his transfer policy, there is a lot of evidence to suggest he is.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    @Peggles

Told you so! I'm a good scout :cool:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...t-from-arsenal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    so are we? just because it's not reported does mean nothing is going on.

signings dont bond in the transfer window, especially with the world cup coming up. they bond when they get gametime together. when did he say this?

he is moulding his transfer policy, there is a lot of evidence to suggest he is.
    Yes, the pre season friendlies?

Most of this was said in the last transfer window

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Yes, the pre season friendlies?

Most of this was said in the last transfer window
    hardly proper games, you wont mould partnerships from 2/3 friendlies before the season. youth are given a chance during those games too.

most of what was said?

yall be panickin for no reason

ReputationRep:
    hardly proper games, you wont mould partnerships from 2/3 friendlies before the season. youth are given a chance during those games too.

most of what was said?

yall be panickin for no reason
    Sure, I agree. But I'd rather it take the newer players 2/3 games less from the season to mould partnerships, wouldn't you?

I don't even think Ozil got a chance to train properly before his first game for Arsenal? Because as soon as he was signed, he went off on international duty and only returned a few days before the premier league game. He still hit the ground running though, but that's ozil lol.

Arsene Wenger's comments about his approach towards the transfer market.. That was said last tranfer window (last summer that is)

You, Kruz, AR_95 are right tho - I'm probs panicking too much. I just so despirately want this tranfer window to go as it should in order for us to become what we were in 2004

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Sure, I agree. But I'd rather it take the newer players 2/3 games less from the season to mould partnerships, wouldn't you?

I don't even think Ozil got a chance to train properly before his first game for Arsenal? Because as soon as he was signed, he went off on international duty and only returned a few days before the premier league game. He still hit the ground running though, but that's ozil lol.

Arsene Wenger's comments about his approach towards the transfer market.. That was said last tranfer window (last summer that is)

You, Kruz, AR_95 are right tho - I'm probs panicking too much. I just so despirately want this tranfer window to go as it should in order for us to become what we were in 2004
    Doesn't really matter imo, friendlies wont change that really. wont even be playing against premier league opposition in them.

i've never heard wenger say this. he's against the january window though, and thinks it should either stay open all year or shut all year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)

The sooner people accept we're never going to replicate the invincible the better

Doesn't really matter imo, friendlies wont change that really. wont even be playing against premier league opposition in them.

i've never heard wenger say this. he's against the january window though, and thinks it should either stay open all year or shut all year.

Tbh you can see it this way. The window is open all year, but player registration happens in the summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)

Bit in bold...

You are absolutely deluded if you think replicating that team is even possible at all, let alone in one window. The only player that would have got close to the first XI in 2004 has just left us on a free.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Bit in bold...

You are absolutely deluded if you think replicating that team is even possible at all, let alone in one window. The only player that would have got close to the first XI in 2004 has just left us on a free.
    Ramsey, koscielny, walcott, sagna

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    Ramsey, koscielny, walcott, sagna
    Sagna was whom I was referring to.

Koscielny over Toure/Campbell? Not for me yet.
    Ramsey over Vieira? Again that's a serious stretch.
    Walcott over Pires too is asking a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Sagna was whom I was referring to.

Koscielny over Toure/Campbell? Not for me yet.
    Ramsey over Vieira? Again that's a serious stretch.
    Walcott over Pires too is asking a lot.
    Walcott over ljungberg
    Ramsey this season is a better season than viera ever had and koscielny over toure

ReputationRep:
    Bit in bold...

No, I was referring to winning a double. Up until jan 2013, our stats really resembled that of the invincible team. I'm not saying we'll do another unbeaten. But a double

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    Walcott over ljungberg
    Ramsey this season is a better season than viera ever had and koscielny over toure
    Maybe over Ljungberg. Vieira played deeper and let Henry and Bergkamp run riot with the wingers, can't compare his stats in the same way. Ramsey is definitely not as good as Vieira, he is a better goal scorer though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    No, I was referring to winning a double. Up until jan 2013, our stats really resembled that of the invincible team. I'm not saying we'll do another unbeaten. But a double

Up until Jan we'd played most of the easy teams.

We lost to a 7th place UTD
    Drew 0-0 to Chelsea
    Lost 6-3 to City
    Lost 2-0 to napoli which seeded us against Bayern
    Drew 1-1 to Everton, at home, making that 1/6 points off both them and UTD

The only thing we did that was close to being champions was beating Dortmund at home, and Liverpool too

ReputationRep:
    Maybe over Ljungberg. Vieira played deeper and let Henry and Bergkamp run riot with the wingers, can't compare his stats in the same way. Ramsey is definitely not as good as Vieira, he is a better goal scorer though.
    When did viera ever have as good a season as ramseys if Ramsey wasn't injured he was easily on course for 22+ goals and would of been arsenals highest assister and he doesn't take set pieces does he? He also has one of the top defensive contributions in terms of his tackles and interceptions from midfield and also covers the most distance

ReputationRep:

2 completely different players so there's no reason to compare goal wise.

Vieira had tons more defensive responsibility tbh where Ramsey has been so valued because of his attacking presence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    2 completely different players so there's no reason to compare goal wise.

Vieira had tons more defensive responsibility tbh where Ramsey has been so valued because of his attacking presence.
    I literally just said that...?

ReputationRep:
    I literally just said that...?
    Yeah I guess nevermind then

ReputationRep:
    Where do people stand on the Pedro - Sanchez debate? I think Sanchez edges it for me but I guess it depends on the system they're in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Where do people stand on the Pedro - Sanchez debate? I think Sanchez edges it for me but I guess it depends on the system they're in
    Pedro for me. Pedro is a much better footballer in terms of dribbling, being a team player and has more of a 'football brain'. Sanchez reminds me a bit like Walcott. Very stop and start when they have the ball at their feet and their best attributes are running in behind defences. Where as a feel Pedro brings more as he can do that extremely well, can also attack defences with the ball at his feet and is a great finisher. My two pence

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.