Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aersh8)
    I know, I just live abroad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you an EU Student? If you are, then I think you can apply for student finance normally, into your foreign account, and then transfer the money across once you arrive in the UK.

If you're not an EU student then contact the university and see what possibilities there are of securing loans in your home country.

Hope this helps...

If not, have a quick look on the uni websites; I found this on soas: http://www.soas.ac.uk/registry/funding/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guills on wheels)
    Are you an EU Student? If you are, then I think you can apply for student finance normally, into your foreign account, and then transfer the money across once you arrive in the UK.

If you're not an EU student then contact the university and see what possibilities there are of securing loans in your home country.

Hope this helps...

If not, have a quick look on the uni websites; I found this on soas: http://www.soas.ac.uk/registry/funding/
    Yeah I am thanks for your help! Do you know by any chance whether I can use my parent's account?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am thanks for your help! Do you know by any chance whether I can use my parent's account?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Probably not, unless you can get that sort of power of attorney from their bank. It might be bank specific but I'd check to make sure.

It might be best not to use your parents account anyway just in case you lose the card or something happens and they lose something as well, but ultimately it's up to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guills on wheels)
    Probably not, unless you can get that sort of power of attorney from their bank. It might be bank specific but I'd check to make sure.

It might be best not to use your parents account anyway just in case you lose the card or something happens and they lose something as well, but ultimately it's up to you
    I see, I'd rather get my own account too but my parents are kind of certain I'll be using there's - I guess I'll have to talk to them, maybe they just don't know!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I see, I'd rather get my own account too but my parents are kind of certain I'll be using there's - I guess I'll have to talk to them, maybe they just don't know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is definitely definitely definitely worth trying to get your own.

ReputationRep:
    Have you already started looking for uni accommodation i.e halls/houses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Have you already started looking for uni accommodation i.e halls/houses?
    yeah... for the one uni I want to go to :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Have a look at the 'resitting A2 modules' thread, I think it's in the gap years section- I'll add the link in a second if I can find it. There are lots of people there who've looked for centres around the country, I'm sure there'll be one near you if you're in London! Or could you ask to still be entered at your old college even if you don't attend the lessons? It depends what your reasons were for leaving I suppose, but usually somewhere you've attended will be a lot cheaper than somewhere they don't know you.

Edit: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2804561

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What would my chances be for bath politics with economics if I applied with below;
    Applied Business Studies (A-Level), Grade A(achieved),

ifs Level 3 Diploma in Financial Studies (A-LevelEquivalent), Grade B(achieved),
    Chemistry (A-Level predicted, AS obtained), Grade Aobtained, Grade A predicted,
    Psychology (A-Level predicted, AS obtained), Grade Aobtained, Grade A predicted,
    Sociology (A2 predicted(AS not taken due to one year a level)), Grade A predicted,
    Economics (A2 predicted(AS not taken due to one year a level), Grade A predicted,
    Photography (AS), Grade D (achieved).

Total = AAAAABd

This would be after 3 years of study, however I would nothave spent more than 2 years studying an A-Level and no more than a yearstudying an AS-Level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsheehan08)
    What would my chances be for bath politics with economics if I applied with below;
    Applied Business Studies (A-Level), Grade A(achieved),

ifs Level 3 Diploma in Financial Studies (A-LevelEquivalent), Grade B(achieved),
    Chemistry (A-Level predicted, AS obtained), Grade Aobtained, Grade A predicted,
    Psychology (A-Level predicted, AS obtained), Grade Aobtained, Grade A predicted,
    Sociology (A2 predicted(AS not taken due to one year a level)), Grade A predicted,
    Economics (A2 predicted(AS not taken due to one year a level), Grade A predicted,
    Photography (AS), Grade D (achieved).

Total = AAAAABd

This would be after 3 years of study, however I would nothave spent more than 2 years studying an A-Level and no more than a yearstudying an AS-Level.
    Grades wise should be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Grades wise should be fine
    do you not think it will matter that I've spent 3 years at A-Level?

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm getting some mild form of RSI. I've always had a weaker right hand wrist and it easily sprains but recently I've had to have it in a support because it hurts to write. I got it about a month ago and then it went away but its coming back again.
    Really not ideal as we approach exam season.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Caz_)
    I think I'm getting some mild form of RSI. I've always had a weaker right hand wrist and it easily sprains but recently I've had to have it in a support because it hurts to write. I got it about a month ago and then it went away but its coming back again.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I actually watched a video about RSI today. I think it was by TechQuickie on YouTube. Might be worth checking out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Managed a high B in my AH Maths prelim!

The grade boundary for an A was like 63% last year because of how difficult the subject is, good news to be honest! Aiming for a high A by results day.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Got an A in my C1 Mock :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    so i just got an email from st andrews talking about accommodation, but i haven't received an offer yet, so does that mean i will get an offer on ucas soon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I actually watched a video about RSI today. I think it was by TechQuickie on YouTube. Might be worth checking out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I will check it out. I'm a bit worried about it tbh... Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Thereisnospoon!)
    so i just got an email from st andrews talking about accommodation, but i haven't received an offer yet, so does that mean i will get an offer on ucas soon?
    I don't know what the policy is with St Andrews but UCAS Track is generally really behind when it comes to formally notifying you of an offer. It took about a month for my tracking page to show three of my offers. :lol: Could be worth sending an email to their admissions department if you really want to find out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Caz_)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Get down to the doctors. I have wrist issues and basically I have a note from the doctor that means if my wrists are bad during exam season I can use a computer or dictate to do my exams so if you do have a problem, they'll be able to sort you out with something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Caz_)
    Yeah I will check it out. I'm a bit worried about it tbh... Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by emcat)
    Get down to the doctors. I have wrist issues and basically I have a note from the doctor that means if my wrists are bad during exam season I can use a computer or dictate to do my exams so if you do have a problem, they'll be able to sort you out with something like that.
    By the way, I bought a gel wrist rest, since I use computers quite a lot. It's really comfortable and I highly recommend it, it's a great investment.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.