Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Tawheed)
    A quick comment with regards to 'groups' in Islam.

Shia's seem to be thrown into the same bracket as Quranists, and other very minority groups.

I would argue the two versions of Islam are Shia and Sunni, both groups affirming there is no God but Allah, and Muhammed pbuh is his final messenger and we need to take from the Quran AND the sunnah.

Other groups shia's are often bracketed with deny the need to take the sunnah, deny the finality of the prophethood, etc and are splinter groups within the two major traditions in Islam.

Indeed, shia's are a sizable minority, and the proportions are much closer in the middle-east as a pose to worldwide. A tip to atheists would be, when debating, you need to consider that Islam has two compelling schools of thought. By refuting and 'debunking' one, you can not possibly 'debunk' Islam, you need to consider atleast the major two schools.
    That's incorrect and a common misconception, Sunni and Shia aren't the only two groups that affirm that.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Salaam.

I can't remember if i asked this before, but what do Sufi's believe in that differ from sunni's? I'm curious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Procrastinate)
    Salaam.

I can't remember if i asked this before, but what do Sufi's believe in that differ from sunni's? I'm curious.
    all the salaamat bro good q

sufi is like superspiritual/mystic/acsetic side of islam and sunnis can be sufis too but sufis dont have to be sunnis and most tariqas (orders) come from line of shia thinking but still they not really shia neither and others like ahmadiyya actually come from sufism

very nonsectarian stuff inclusive spiritual goodness ykwim

thinkin about tryin sufism bro? :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnsahihDatHadith)

sufi is like superspiritual/mystic/acsetic side of islam and sunnis can be sufis too but sufis dont have to be sunnis and most tariqas (orders) come from line of shia thinking
    Can you source us some info to back above statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Can you source us some info to back above statement.
    sure bro right afta u get back to me bout prophets slaves

srs tho u disgree with what i said? cant be asked to go diggin for sources just say whats wrong with it happy meal bro

ReputationRep:
    sure bro right afta u get back to me bout prophets slaves

srs tho u disgree with what i said? cant be asked to go diggin for sources just say whats wrong with it happy meal bro
    ِAs far as I know sufis do not consider themselves shia nor do they take anything from the shia, in fact they refute shia and their beliefs.
    They consider themselves to be Ahlu Sunnah and follow the madahiib you get shafi sufis, maliki sufis...etc.

Re the prophet the answer is still no. I answered that a very long time ago.
    I'd have to dig it up too :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ِAs far as I know sufis do not consider themselves shia nor do they take anything from the shia, in fact they refute shia and their beliefs.
    They consider themselves to be Ahlu Sunnah and follow the madahiib you get shafi sufis, maliki sufis...etc.
    lol na bro not all sufis consider themselves sunni or from these madhaahib (not madahiib bro come bro arabic is v important we shud all learn it proper ykwim) far from it bro.

shia sufis like alevis are big on shia pride an others like bektashis got loads of stuff from shia.

loads of other turuq dont associate with neither sunni shia madhaahib or whatever they do there own thing ykwim

Re the prophet the answer is still no. I answered that a very long time ago.
    I'd have to dig it up too :rolleyes:
    lol but bro u never respond to hadiths showin he had slaves an traded + stuff...

ReputationRep:
    lol na bro not all sufis consider themselves sunni or from these madhaahib (not madahiib bro come bro arabic is v important we shud all learn it proper ykwim) far from it bro.

shia sufis like alevis are big on shia pride an others like bektashis got loads of stuff from shia.

loads of other turuq dont associate with neither sunni shia madhaahib or whatever they do there own thing ykwim

lol but bro u never respond to hadiths showin he had slaves an traded + stuff...
    Ok broseph, thanks for the correction. I will kheep any eye out for the correct arabish spelling.
    Aight!
    Peace out!

ReputationRep:
    Ok broseph, thanks for the correction. I will kheep any eye out for the correct arabish spelling.
    Aight!
    Peace out!
    lol bro kheep happy bro

ReputationRep:

sufi is like superspiritual/mystic/acsetic side of islam and sunnis can be sufis too but sufis dont have to be sunnis and most tariqas (orders) come from line of shia thinking but still they not really shia neither and others like ahmadiyya actually come from sufism

very nonsectarian stuff inclusive spiritual goodness ykwim

thinkin about tryin sufism bro? :yy:
    Right, you've lost me.
    Thanks anyway.
    No, i was just curious.

ReputationRep:
    Imam Ahmad recorded Abu Sa'id saying that the Messenger of Allah said

"The hearts are four (types):
    1)polished as shiny as the radiating lamp,
    2)a sealed heart with a knot tied around its seal,
    3)a heart that is turned upside down and
    4)a wrapped heart.

As for the polished heart, it is the heart of the believer and the lamp is the light of faith.

The sealed heart is the heart of the disbeliever.

The heart that is turned upside down is the heart of the pure hypocrite, because he had knowledge but denied it.

As for the wrapped heart, it is a heart that contains belief and hypocrisy. The example of faith in this heart, is the example of the herb that is sustained by pure water. The example of hypocrisy in it, is the example of an ulcer that thrives on puss and blood. Whichever of the two substances has the upper hand, it will have the upper hand on that heart. "

This Hadith has a Jayid Hasan (good) chain of narration.

[Source: Tafseer Ibn Kathir, on Types of Hearts]

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    A dua for all the victims in Syria, to Allah swt we come from and it is to he we shall return, may Allah swt help those who are victims of human rights abuses.

Syria terrorist groups kill civilians: HRW

Foreign-backed terrorist groups fighting against the Syrian government have resorted to car bombs and rocket attacks to kill Syrian civilians, the Human Rights Watch (HRW) says.On Monday, the rights body issued a report shedding light on the violations the terrorist groups committed in Syria between January, 2012 and April, 2014. The report focuses on indiscriminate car bombs, mortar attacks and unguided rocket attacks by the terrorist groups in heavily populated, government-controlled areas .The reports, which are based on accounts by victims and witnesses, on-site investigations, publicly available videos and other research, highlights that the attacks have killed hundreds of civilians in the capital, Damascus, and in Homs in central Syria.The terrorist groups started “using car bombs and improvised explosive devices (IEDs), sometimes in suicide attacks, in areas under government control in 2012. Initial attacks targeted state security forces and outposts, but the groups soon began to carry out bombings in populated areas without evident military targets,” the report says.It highlights that the terrorist groups carried out “17 car bombings and other IED attacks between January 2012 and April 2014 in Jaramana in Damascus Countryside."

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/03...-civilians-HRW

ReputationRep:
    Among the loyal among the Sahaba r.a of Muhammed pbuh was Umm Amarah r.a , who not only sacrificed four of her sons in the way of Allah swt, but herself was seen in the battle fields tending to the wounds of her sons.

This shatters the notion women are to only be in their homes. Look at this inspirational Sahaba of Muhammed pbuh being in the thick and thin of battle.

Here is the reference, from the book enquiries about Shia-Islam:

"Umm Amarah who sacrificed four sons to defend Islam. While tending to the fatal injuries of one of her sons, Umm Amarah herself went to the battlefield to fight the enemy. The Prophet witnessed her bravery and said about her, “O Umm Amarah, who can bear what you are bearing?”

http://www.al-islam.org/inquiries-about-shia-islam-sayyid-moustafa-al-qazwini/companions-prophet

ReputationRep:
    Salaam everyone

Long time, how are you guys doing?

I hope you are well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMystryXxX)
    Salaam everyone

I hope you are well!
    Wa alaikum assalaam, sister

Im ok

How is your health course going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    H 3125, CH 16, h 2 - Kitab Al Kafi
    Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Isa from
    ibn Faddal from ibn Bukayr from Muhammad ibn Muslim who has said the
    following:

“Abu ‘Abd Allah, recipient of divine supreme covenant, has
    said, ‘It is in the book of Amir al-Mu’minin, Ali ibn abu Talib,
    recipient of divine supreme covenant, “praise comes before
    asking for favors. Whenever you like to pray and plead before
    Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy, for help, speak of His
    glory.” The narrator has said that I asked the Imam, ‘How
    should we speak of His glory?’ The Imam said, ‘Say, O You
    Who are closer to me than my jugular veins, O the One Who
    does without fail as He wishes, O the One Who stands between a
    man and his heart, O the One Who is on a high position and the
    One like Whom is no creature.’”

Muwathaq Kal Saheeh - Alama Majlisi

ReputationRep:
    Salaam everyone

I hope you are well!
    Wa alaikumussalaam sister, great to see you post again!

I am well alhamdulillah how are you?

ReputationRep:
    Salaam everyone

I hope you are well!
    Waalaykumassalam sister. Nice to see you again. I'm well alhamdulillah. How are you?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.