Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Shed End is like a more annoying version of Beetlejuice. Say his name enough and he'll appear.

Anyway, shame United won, but at least we are opening up a gap on 4th place. Chelsea (scum) have the league wrapped up, and I reckon we'll face a tough battle for second, so lets hope the boys put 100% into the Reading game - CL and an FA Cup is decent returns, plus sets us up for next season nicely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    x
    (Original post by Depleted)
    x
    (Original post by swirly)
    x?
    Soaking in da h8 like...

Last post I swear
    Attached Images

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Shed End is like a more annoying version of Beetlejuice. Say his name enough and he'll appear.

Anyway, shame United won, but at least we are opening up a gap on 4th place. Chelsea (scum) have the league wrapped up, and I reckon we'll face a tough battle for second, so lets hope the boys put 100% into the Reading game - CL and an FA Cup is decent returns, plus sets us up for next season nicely.
    Top four is done and dusted for United & Arsenal. Look up, not down. I think our game will decide second place.

Incidentally, after today Chris Smalling has the same number of league goals as Danny Welbeck. From less appearances as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Incidentally, after today Chris Smalling has the same number of league goals as Danny Welbeck. From less appearances as well

ReputationRep:
    heres a question for you guys..

At the start of the season, when we signed welbeck - wenger got a huge amount of hate, because it was rumoured that he only wanted a year loan, but the board went over his head, and signed him properly..

Myself included were glad of this - and berrated wenger for not wanting to spend money/sign a forward etc.

--

But as the season draws to an end? lets be honest.. wenger was right... a loan probably would have been best - as well, welbeck has really fell off from anything resembling form

ReputationRep:
    It's the first time in years that Arsenal vs Man Utd feels really......intense. Even if it isn't for the title, it just feels like there's something more to it this year. Probably because both teams have their mojo back

ReputationRep:
    Some footballers are just better at scoring on international duty or in continental club football

I think Welbeck would've seized his chance during Giroud's absence if the rest of the team weren't as bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)

At the start of the season, when we signed welbeck - wenger got a huge amount of hate, because it was rumoured that he only wanted a year loan, but the board went over his head, and signed him properly..

Myself included were glad of this - and berrated wenger for not wanting to spend money/sign a forward etc.

--

But as the season draws to an end? lets be honest.. wenger was right... a loan probably would have been best - as well, welbeck has really fell off from anything resembling form
    Pretty sure man utd only wanted to sell not loan out welbeck

Tbh the 16 million was worth it when this happened

Name:  1428862522624.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  82.7 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)

--

I like Welbeck, he's a really likeable guy. A very honest player to, which is rare these days. But he's probably not Arsenal quality in all honesty.

I disagree with people that said he's Sunderland/Hull quality, he's better than that, I think he'd do well in a top half team that hovers around the Europa places. Somewhere like West Ham

ReputationRep:
    Fck Rob Green

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Top four is done and dusted for United & Arsenal. Look up, not down. I think our game will decide second place.

Exactly my thoughts as well.

Incidentally, Dat Guy put one past you in the FA Cup to send us through BTW, how are Falcao and Di Maria doing on the scoring charts? (Having said that, I bet they both score against us when we play you)

ReputationRep:
    ffs cesc. :mad:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Pretty sure man utd only wanted to sell not loan out welbeck

Tbh the 16 million was worth it when this happened

Name:  1428862522624.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  82.7 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah it was the other way round. We wanted a loan (which Spurs were offering) but Danny wanted a permanent move (which Arsenal were offering). Imagine what would have happened to Harry Kane if that happened!

I like Welbeck and he's a decent enough player, but he's not good enough to be a regular starter for a side like Arsenal or Manchester United. Especially as a forward. I don't think £16m was an excessive fee though, especially when you consider Balotelli and Falcrap cost a similar amount. You'll be able to sell him to someone like Everton or West Ham in a couple of years for that same amount.

(Original post by Arkasia)
    Exactly my thoughts as well.

Incidentally, Dat Guy put one past you in the FA Cup to send us through BTW, how are Falcao and Di Maria doing on the scoring charts? (Having said that, I bet they both score against us when we play you)
    They both have 4. Di Maria also has 12 assists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    They both have 4. Di Maria also has 12 assists.
    Worthwhile investments then

ReputationRep:
    Welbeck isn't an improvement at all if we're honest, would almost rather have fraudolski than him tbh because at least hell score some guys against bottom half fodder.

Sure he's a nice guy but he's no top class striker right now.

Thumbs up if you think Arsenal will get second

ReputationRep:
    lol Welbeck's been playing on the LW second half of the season ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnus Taylor)
    Thumbs up if you think Arsenal will get second
    We will get second but I ain't going to rep you
    :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by ProNoob)
    We will get second but I ain't going to rep you
    :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal are the best team in the world!!!!!

Like, subscribble, retweet, favourite, follow4follow, double tap, pin it, and swipe right if you agree

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.