queens BELFAST

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Aqa 🐍🐍🐍 such snakes, paper 2 was awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ahh ok, i did ocr! it was awful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    Bristol now accepts resits. And only uses UKCAT for 10% of your overall score.

Apply.
    Really?! Do you mind posting a link confirming this because I've been searching everywhere. If so then I'd have all 4 choices filled

ReputationRep:
    Physics also drove me insane as it was so hard, I got a B in mine after nearly sacrificing my entire life lol but it's my biggest regret to this day tbh 😂 I wish more people told me not to take it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So true ahahah, absolutely hated it! I wish I chose economics or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhoDaresWins)
    So true ahahah, absolutely hated it! I wish I chose economics or something.
    Yep or photography etc just anything that requires less of my life would have been decent 😂 it could be worse we could be doing it as a full A-Level I mean chemistry is hard but I spent less time on that than physics due to the fact physics was even worse and I got a better grade in chemistry 😂 like I said I'll just blame aqa physics forever lol 😛👻

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep or photography etc just anything that requires less of my life would have been decent 😂 it could be worse we could be doing it as a full A-Level I mean chemistry is hard but I spent less time on that than physics due to the fact physics was even worse and I got a better grade in chemistry 😂 like I said I'll just blame aqa physics forever lol 😛👻

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My word the papers were disgusting, I had to resit unit 2 as I got a D (70/120) in it, in the exam I saw the questions and thought I failed but ended up with 101/120 A on results day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gatrs_)
    Any advice please?

I am applying as a graduate applicant to the A100, undergraduate and graduate courses. I have recently graduated (July 2016) from the University of Southampton with an integrated Master of Biomedical Sciences (MBioSci) degree with an overall mark of 69.3%.

My UKCAT in comparison is average, I got 520 VR, 690 QR and 650 AR. Total 1860, Average = 620 and SJT Band 1

I was thinking of applying to Barts A100 as they use a 50:50 weighting (degree/ukcat) to degree and postgraduate qualifications (hopefully my integrated Masters will strengthen my application. I've emailed them about this, waiting for a reply)

I was also thinking of applying to Birmingham graduate entry medicine as they don't require an admission test and I meet their academic criteria and have lots of work experience.

I'm not sure about my other two choices. Any advice would be much appreciated! as my ukcat is very average!
    Hi,

I'm on pretty much the same boat! I've just graduated and also have 620 and Band 1. But I'm unsure if there's any uni's that will consider me because GEM is so competitive! Let me know if you get any info! *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angoranimi)
    Really?! Do you mind posting a link confirming this because I've been searching everywhere. If so then I'd have all 4 choices filled
    There is a link to the ADmissions Statement at the bottom of the course webpage - http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/media...7/medicine.pdf See Section 4.3 - resits.

ReputationRep:
    Would St. Georges be likely to accept a UKCAT score of 650????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhoDaresWins)
    My word the papers were disgusting, I had to resit unit 2 as I got a D (70/120) in it, in the exam I saw the questions and thought I failed but ended up with 101/120 A on results day.
    That is amazing 😱 well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    Would St. Georges be likely to accept a UKCAT score of 650????
    Risky-ish, but could also happen. I'm applying with 667 and I'm a bit scared, but I guess everyone is tbh! Hope this helps xName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1475608706.859348.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  97.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Risky-ish, but could also happen. I'm applying with 667 and I'm a bit scared, but I guess everyone is tbh! Hope this helps xName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1475608706.859348.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  97.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahhh okayy!! thank you! on their website they said above 500 in each section so i got confused as that must mean a pretty low ukcat score ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    Ahhh okayy!! thank you! on their website they said above 500 in each section so i got confused as that must mean a pretty low ukcat score ???
    Tbh I think their cut offs are actually pretty decent and fair, just hope it doesn't go up this much as I would love an interview there 😂 I feel like unless I have 900 average I'm risky everywhere lmao 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I think their cut offs are actually pretty decent and fair, just hope it doesn't go up this much as I would love an interview there 😂 I feel like unless I have 900 average I'm risky everywhere lmao 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

lool same!!! where are you thinking of applying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    lool same!!! where are you thinking of applying
    Manchester, Liverpool, St George's and Plymouth, what about you 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Manchester, Liverpool, St George's and Plymouth, what about you 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
    all london unis.. this is a bit of problem for me coz of my low ukcat but i really dont wanna move out of london so atm i have:
    kings, barts, imperial, st georges

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Do you think these scores are good enough for Manchester?

VR 630
    QR 750
    AR 730
    SJT Band 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    all london unis.. this is a bit of problem for me coz of my low ukcat but i really dont wanna move out of london so atm i have:
    kings, barts, imperial, st georges
    I'm not too knowledgable on the others but there's a chance you'll be interviewed at St George's based on previous cut offs so try and stay positive 😋 how come you don't want to move out of London? I know it might sound harsh but for me, my end goal is being a doctor I would honestly go anywhere, Plymouth is like a 5 hour drive from me or something, but I'm in with a chance there and that is what is important! If there's circumstances that mean you can't move out of London then I completely understand but otherwise I don't want to see you cutting yourself short if you have a shot elsewhere e.g. Liverpool! Try to apply to your strengths as best as you can as you really need to maximise your chances, just like every single other applicant!x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barborazel)
    Hi!

Do you think these scores are good enough for Manchester?

VR 630
    QR 750
    AR 730
    SJT Band 2
    99% likely to be yes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.