Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Commiserations Vinnygar..

best of luck with your other choices...
    which are all great btw, so I'm sure you will do really well! chin up

ReputationRep:
    ohhh so rejections came out today!!! sorry guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vinnygar)
    Hey Amar & ninety_nine, thanks for the commiserations! I checked UCAS at 5pm that's when the rejection was there and I had checked at 2:30pm before that, and there was nothing. I'll obviously ring tommorow and ask how they come to the conclusion. As for the other universities; not a bean - which is driving me nuts!
    UCL and KCL are about on par with LSE for law anyway, so hopefully you'll get into one of those! Commiserations to everyone else who got rejected - I guess in the future we should wait a while before concluding it was an event-less day.

Btw, doesn't this kind of poke large gaping holes in the 'St Lucia' story?

ReputationRep:
    Unsuccessful!!! it came around 17.40, for Law LLB.
    Maybe it is better because I should have done the entrance exam and I've an offer from KCL, that will be my firm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninety_nine)
    UCL and KCL are about on par with LSE for law anyway, so hopefully you'll get into one of those! Commiserations to everyone else who got rejected - I guess in the future we should wait a while before concluding it was an event-less day.

Hahaha I think everyone assumed that it was a bit of a joke anyway, to be honest it wasn't exactly the most realistic story anyone could have thought of was it?? I'd like to think that LSE's admissions tutors wouldn't just disappear for a holiday midway through the UCAS season lol...

ReputationRep:

lol i dunno when mine updated i just checked to see my e-mail if i got any updates from ucas 1st but there wasn't any so i thought what the hell might as well just check, now i wish i hadn't haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewait)
    lol i dunno when mine updated i just checked to see my e-mail if i got any updates from ucas 1st but there wasn't any so i thought what the hell might as well just check, now i wish i hadn't haha.
    Unlucky, ah well better to know and get it out of the way. There's bound be an unlucky sod on here (please don't be me) who waits eagerly until the end of March only to be rejected.

Kingkanoot - yeah, I thought the idea of the LSE reviewing our applications on beach towels whilst sunbathing was a little far fetched :yep:

ReputationRep:

No, it doesn't poke any holes in St Lucia story!!! If you find my very first post for today, you'll see that ALL the admission tutors left for the Caribbean EXCEPT for Mr Morrison.
    My mom said Mr Morrison is not a pleasant man. He's always disgruntled and unhappy. It must have been him who was up to no good today (provided thsese rejections were made today - we still need someone to ascertain the status of UCAS track update). So, you see, while his other colleagues are soaking up the sun in St Lucia, Mr Morrison must have locked himself up in his lush office in Holborn earlier this evening, and started sending rejections randomly.
    OR: it could be that the rejections were made by the same Admissions Tutors who are currently in the Caribbean. Who knows how many tequila shots they had today? For all we know, they could have come back to their hotel rooms in disorientated state, accessed the LSE admin website on their laptops, and started sending rejections out of the blue!:cool: which is sad .....

ReputationRep:
    I am out of the game... Got rejected today for L101 Economics. T_T

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DuggieNumber20)
    No, it doesn't poke any holes in St Lucia story!!! If you find my very first post for today, you'll see that ALL the admission tutors left for the Caribbean EXCEPT for Mr Morrison.
    My mom said Mr Morrison is not a pleasant man. He's always disgruntled and unhappy. It must have been him who was up to no good today (provided thsese rejections were made today - we still need someone to ascertain the status of UCAS track update). So, you see, while his other colleagues are saoking up the sun in St Lucia, Mr Morrison must have locked himself up in his lush office in Holborn earlier this evening, and started sending rejections randomly.
    OR: it could be that the rejections were made by the same Admissions Tutors who are currently in the Caribbean. Who knows how many tequila shots they had today? For all we know, they could have come back to their hotel rooms in disorientated state, accessed the LSE admin website on their laptops, and started sending rejections out of the blue!:cool: which is sad .....
    Perhaps. But aren't the decisions made by department-specific people? If so, this chap couldn't make decisions about both Law and Economics applicants (these are the only the people who've posted so far, other departments may have also recieved decisions). Anyway, I want to believe you - it'd be nice to have someone on this forum with some inside knowledge so we didn't have to second-guess ourselves twice a week.

ReputationRep:
    those who got rejected today...wen did u send off ur app???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet_poison)
    those who got rejected today...wen did u send off ur app???
    I send it off just on month ago (10/01)

ReputationRep:
    thts around the same time as me

ReputationRep:
    My mom said Mr Morrison is not a pleasant man. He's always disgruntled and unhappy. It must have been him who was up to no good today (provided thsese rejections were made today - we still need someone to ascertain the status of UCAS track update). So, you see, while his other colleagues are soaking up the sun in St Lucia, Mr Morrison must have locked himself up in his lush office in Holborn earlier this evening, and started sending rejections randomly.
    This guy's hilarious - Winner of the Pullitzer Prize 2014

Calm down guys, he's just having a bit of fun cos you guys are so freaked out about LSE. The decision will come eventually and it may be the end of March before you hear anything so there's no point torturing yourselves till then

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps. But aren't the decisions made by department-specific people? If so, this chap couldn't make decisions about both Law and Economics applicants (these are the only the people who've posted so far, other departments may have also recieved decisions). Anyway, I want to believe you - it'd be nice to have someone on this forum with some inside knowledge so we didn't have to second-guess ourselves twice a week.
    Yes, decisions are made by department-specific people. Then they send the file to the Admissions Team at the LSE and they have to update the UCAS track.

But my mom, when she went with the admissions tutors on their last holiday to Cuba (in Feb. 2008), the process was very straight-forward: all of them sat at the beach around a plastic table with their laptops spread out, Cuban cigars in their mouths; Mohitos in their right hands. And then they would go through some of the applicants (because all of them saved the UCAS applications relevant to their department in pdf format on their laptops before coming to Cuba), and would seal applicants' fate.

'James' - would say the admissions tutor responsible for Mathematics' admissions - 'what do you make of this chap?'. And James would glance briefly at the A-level grades of the applicant in question and say... 'Ah! Nothing impressive! Is his PS any good?' And the Mathematics' admissions tutor would answer 'Not particularly'. And then James would say: 'reject him!' and the Mathematics' admissions tutor would press the 'Unsuccessful' button on the applicant's profile and all of them would start laughing heartily, with the Cuban cigars in their teeth.
    Immediately, the message would get transmitted to the LSE central admissions office (CAO)thousands of miles away in London, and the CAO would update the Ucas track the next day.

this is a very true account from last year, as witnessed by my mother (btw, James resigned last year and is no longer affiliated with LSE, if that's of any consolation to anyone).

ReputationRep:
    Who is this kid is he getting some sort of buzz out of this.

ReputationRep:
    Hello I have not been accepted yet, I have a foreign sounding surname and first name, and have 12A* GCSE, is something wrong with my application?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, decisions are made by department-specific people. Then they send the file to the Admissions Team at the LSE and they have to update the UCAS track.

But my mom, when she went with the admissions tutors on their last holiday to Cuba (in Feb. 2008), the process was very straight-forward: all of them sat at the beach around a plastic table with their laptops spread out, Cuban cigars in their mouths; Mohitos in their right hands. And then they would go through some of the applicants (because all of them saved the UCAS applications relevant to their department in pdf format on their laptops before coming to Cuba), and would seal applicants' fate.

'James' - would say the admissions tutor responsible for Mathematics' admissions - 'what do you make of this chap?'. And James would glance briefly at the A-level grades of the applicant in question and say... 'Ah! Nothing impressive! Is his PS any good?' And the Mathematics' admissions tutor would answer 'Not particularly'. And then James would say: 'reject him!' and the Mathematics' admissions tutor would press the 'Unsuccessful' button on the applicant's profile and all of them would start laughing heartily, with the Cuban cigars in their teeth.
    Immediately, the message would get transmitted to the LSE central admissions office (CAO)thousands of miles away in London, and the CAO would update the Ucas track the next day.

this is a very true account from last year, as witnessed by my mother (btw, James resigned last year and is no longer affiliated with LSE, if that's of any consolation to anyone).
    That's hilarious, I can actually picture that happening as well. Would be kind of ruthless though haha...

How are u finding time to write all this stuff out, must have a pretty good imagination!

ReputationRep:
    OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just checked track to see if i got LSE rejection and i got a warwick offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!::

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amar09)
    OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just checked track to see if i got LSE rejection and i got a warwick offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!::
    Well done mate :grin: !

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 24, 2009
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.