Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Is he actually? Yes marketable on this island but elsewhere, I'm not too sure.
    Im an arsenal fan and I hate to say it but he is/will be. He'll become world famous should he break the world transfer record. It's a given. Fans around the world will flock to get his name on their new Real Madrid shirts.

heck, he's even been on the screens in time square and the deal isn't even confirmed yet.

ReputationRep:
    According to the Metro, but unfortunately as yet no more reliable source (I don't really know where this story has come from), Arsenal are poised to complete the transfer of 19 year old Ginter from Freiburg.

Source : http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/04/arsena...inter-3910622/

He's a young CB who also plays in DM. Other than that I don't know a huge amount about him. It would add to a growing contingent of Germans at the club... particularly young ones!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schichtoe)
    According to the Metro, but unfortunately as yet no more reliable source (I don't really know where this story has come from), Arsenal are poised to complete the transfer of 19 year old Ginter from Freiburg.

He's a young CB who also plays in DM. Other than that I don't know a huge amount about him. It would add to a growing contingent of Germans at the club... particularly young ones!
    I've learnt not to comment or think too much about Arsenal's transfer rumours - need to wait for them to become official; that's the hardest thing with us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is he the one that played for the u21s at the Euros?

because if he is he had an absolute shocker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schichtoe)

The club have recently said that is rubbish.. No offers have come in for him and no fee has been set.. Certainly not going for 6 mil they said. Source daily mail

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And another thing.. I saw that Wenger had a chance to sign Drogba ..wenger has had the chance to sign so many world class players.. ibrahimovic, ronaldo, bale and now Drogba..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    And another thing.. I saw that Wenger had a chance to sign Drogba ..wenger has had the chance to sign so many world class players.. ibrahimovic, ronaldo, bale and now Drogba..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well says alot about AW that he was even aware of all these players before they hit the big time. For example, Fergie only found Ronaldo after he happened to play against him whereas Wenger knew about him anyway. No doubt he considers 100s of players who all look equally promising at 18 so you'll never get all the calls right. Still, his record of finding top unknown youngsters is better than anyone else.

And in some cases he was unlucky. Ibra was asked to come for a trial and felt insulted ffs, with Ronaldo he was 'a few hundred thousand away', with Bale he already had 2 top young left backs in Cole/Clichy and couldnt justify a third. The guy knows talent when he sees it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Well says alot about AW that he was even aware of all these players before they hit the big time. For example, Fergie only found Ronaldo after he happened to play against him whereas Wenger knew about him anyway. No doubt he considers 100s of players who all look equally promising at 18 so you'll never get all the calls right. Still, his record of finding top unknown youngsters is better than anyone else.

And in some cases he was unlucky. Ibra was asked to come for a trial and felt insulted ffs, with Ronaldo he was 'a few hundred thousand away', with Bale he already had 2 top young left backs in Cole/Clichy and couldnt justify a third. The guy knows talent when he sees it.
    Apparently Carlos Quiroz had a major impact on Ronaldo joining United rather than Arsenal. One can understand this. He couldn't speak or understand English before he arrived. I'm still very grateful for wenger being our manager. He has missed one or two things but when fans look back in 30 years, Arsenal will still be near the top of the pile and it'll be down to this man not throwing our money away.

he know we have some issues with our squad but it's hard to find the right players. There's too much non-football generated money floating about. If there's someone really good floating about, chances ar he'll be snapped up by the richest. Personally, higuain is not worth £34m. From looking at this emirates cup performance, he wouldn't cut it in th epremier league. I personally think the Italian league is more competitive than the Spanish league so it'll be winter eating tho see if he can keep up his goals to games ratio. In Spain you've got barca, Madrid....athletico............. .the rest. Italy isn't so clear cut anymore. Less attacking, but slow and defensive, not sure if he'll be suited to that.

I wouldn't be surprised if wenger doesn't make a star signing. He's a man of economics and he knows football has gone mad this summer. He won't pay £50m for Suarez. I can tell. I think he'll put off signing a major striker for a year and will go and get someone who is up and coming but less sought after/well known. Bony looks a superb signing for Swansea - could do with someone like him.

edit: ah come on, anymore negs? Shot down for having an opinion....come on you glory hunting fake arsenal supporters, neg me more. You want spend spend spend, that's not what the clubs values of the last 20 years have been based on, go support chelsea.

ReputationRep:

Good points but wasn't viera sold to accommodate Fabregas because they the AW thought the fabregas - Gilberto partnership was stronger than the viera - Gilberto.. If he can do that for fab at the age he was am sure ronaldo, bale would of been accommodated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    Good points but wasn't viera sold to accommodate Fabregas because they the AW thought the fabregas - Gilberto partnership was stronger than the viera - Gilberto.. If he can do that for fab at the age he was am sure ronaldo, bale would of been accommodated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well at the time Cole was about 25 and already one of the top3 LBs in the world, then you had Clichy who was about 21 who would become another top LB not to mention Kieran Gibbs who was getting rave reviews for the youth teams. So Bale, who at the time was a LB only, was never likely to get a chance. Was only after he was switched to LW that he took off anyway.

Ronaldo was a question of money apparently, Wenger said he was a couple of hundred of thousand away from Lisbon's valuation. Obviously madness now but at the time Ronaldo was just a good prospect amongst others. Reyes looked better and so we went for him, you cant win them all.

(Original post by yaboy)
    Is he the one that played for the u21s at the Euros?

because if he is he had an absolute shocker.
    He's had glowing reviews for the performances in the league, though. :holmes: I won't claim to know a great deal about him but on the face of it he sounds like a solid and smart buy.

(Original post by noone29)
    Apparently Carlos Quiroz had a major impact on Ronaldo joining United rather than Arsenal. One can understand this. He couldn't speak or understand English before he arrived. I'm still very grateful for wenger being our manager. He has missed one or two things but when fans look back in 30 years, Arsenal will still be near the top of the pile and it'll be down to this man not throwing our money away.

he know we have some issues with our squad but it's hard to find the right players. There's too much non-football generated money floating about. If there's someone really good floating about, chances ar he'll be snapped up by the richest. Personally, higuain is not worth £34m. From looking at this emirates cup performance, he wouldn't cut it in th epremier league. I personally think the Italian league is more competitive than the Spanish league so it'll be winter eating tho see if he can keep up his goals to games ratio. In Spain you've got barca, Madrid....athletico............. .the rest. Italy isn't so clear cut anymore. Less attacking, but slow and defensive, not sure if he'll be suited to that.

I wouldn't be surprised if wenger doesn't make a star signing. He's a man of economics and he knows football has gone mad this summer. He won't pay £50m for Suarez. I can tell. I think he'll put off signing a major striker for a year and will go and get someone who is up and coming but less sought after/well known. Bony looks a superb signing for Swansea - could do with someone like him.

edit: ah come on, anymore negs? Shot down for having an opinion....come on you glory hunting fake arsenal supporters, neg me more. You want spend spend spend, that's not what the clubs values of the last 20 years have been based on, go support chelsea.
    The comment about the Spanish league/Higuain not being good enough for England is a bit questionable, but I'm on the same page about making smart signings. :yep:

PRSOM. :yep: People talk about us missing out on all these players, but seldom mention how they were promising youngsters at most when we were courting them. The same people then complain when Wenger signs promising youngsters. :dry:

ReputationRep:
    Fact of the matter is, not seeing your team signing anyone is a bit of a downer at best tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Every team and every manager has missed out on players - doesn't tell us anything about the manager. UTD, for example, opted against signing Henry from Monaco because he was 'too raw'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Every team and every manager has missed out on players - doesn't tell us anything about the manager. UTD, for example, opted against signing Henry from Monaco because he was 'too raw'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So its just a coincidence that you can name about 20 unknown youngsters who Wenger polished into gems? Nonsense, its a skill. For a start once you get the player its up to the manager to develop him properly, and obviously AW knows a thing or two about that.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this has been posted - we're currently giving a trial to Sebastián Pérez of Atlético Nacional. He's a 20 year old Colombian deep lying midfielder, ambidextrous and quite highly rated apparently. Colombia seem to be producing a lot of quality players at the moment, let's hope he's another one. Seems like a typical Wenger signing, low risk and cheap.

My source on this one is good - here he is with Thomas Vermaelen from Perez's Twitter account.

There are also rumours we are offering Omar Abdulrahman some kind of deal or trial. Interesting one that, not sure if the UAE have ever produced a player of significant quality. City wanted to buy him last year (for obvious reasons given their owners), but apparently some other big clubs are interested. I wonder if he's actually any good or clubs are seeing a good marketing opportunity - not many Arabians have cracked European football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    Not sure if this has been posted - we're currently giving a trial to Sebastián Pérez of Atlético Nacional. He's a 20 year old Colombian deep lying midfielder, ambidextrous and quite highly rated apparently. Colombia seem to be producing a lot of quality players at the moment, let's hope he's another one. Seems like a typical Wenger signing, low risk and cheap.

My source on this one is good - here he is with Thomas Vermaelen from Perez's Twitter account.

There are also rumours we are offering Omar Abdulrahman some kind of deal or trial. Interesting one that, not sure if the UAE have ever produced a player of significant quality. City wanted to buy him last year (for obvious reasons given their owners), but apparently some other big clubs are interested. I wonder if he's actually any good or clubs are seeing a good marketing opportunity - not many Arabians have cracked European football.
    About Abdulrahman, at the Olympics he caught my eye as well as the Gulf cup, played extremely well there. Would suit a counter attacking team nicely, can dribble well and has a keen eye for a pass. Good in the league as well but not sure whether thats just down to it being a crap league or him being good.

For a trial deal wouldn't hurt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    About Abdulrahman, at the Olympics he caught my eye as well as the Gulf cup, played extremely well there. Would suit a counter attacking team nicely, can dribble well and has a keen eye for a pass. Good in the league as well but not sure whether thats just down to it being a crap league or him being good.

For a trial deal wouldn't hurt.
    Yeah I think the main concern would be how he would adapt to England hence the trial. He looks a bit lightweight but then this isn't the 90's and those kind of players seem to be thriving now.

He also looks like the lovechild of Nani and David Luiz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    Yeah I think the main concern would be how he would adapt to England hence the trial. He looks a bit lightweight but then this isn't the 90's and those kind of players seem to be thriving now.

He also looks like the lovechild of Nani and David Luiz.

Never know and it can't hurt to find out haha. Just get him to add on a couple of pounds and bam its okay :laugh:

Wow he does

ReputationRep:
    Freiburg are rubbishing reports we've bid for Ginter. Wonder if loaning them Coquelin would have sweetened the deal at all. Or whether Ginter would get much playing time with the fact they've taken Le Coq on loan in addition to the midfielders they already have - does anyone know the pecking order of their midfielders and whether Coq looks like he'd get a decent run out in the side and whether that means Ginter's chances would be limited?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    Freiburg are rubbishing reports we've bid for Ginter. Wonder if loaning them Coquelin would have sweetened the deal at all. Or whether Ginter would get much playing time with the fact they've taken Le Coq on loan in addition to the midfielders they already have - does anyone know the pecking order of their midfielders and whether Coq looks like he'd get a decent run out in the side and whether that means Ginter's chances would be limited?
    What has happened to le coq (coquelin)? He didn't play much last season and I expected that to be his breakthrough

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.