Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez in a chile shirt is ridiculously good. Pedro doesn't even compare. That Sanchez rivals Suarez. In a Barca shirt, he's inferior but he still edges it for me as I don't really see what pedro can offer that Sanchez can't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez > Pedro.

Stronger, possibly quicker, greater shot power, better haircut - 'nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    I was hoping some one would make my day and we'd made some supposed bid for Sanchez. Guess not :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Anyway there's not been to much discussion about Insigne. What position on the front does he play for Napoli? Would he fit well into our team?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Stacks)
    Pedro for me. Pedro is a much better footballer in terms of dribbling, being a team player and has more of a 'football brain'. Sanchez reminds me a bit like Walcott. Very stop and start when they have the ball at their feet and their best attributes are running in behind defences. Where as a feel Pedro brings more as he can do that extremely well, can also attack defences with the ball at his feet and is a great finisher. My two pence

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good analysis. Wenger does like technically gifted wingers on the left and raw pace on the right. If he went for anyone it would be Pedro

ReputationRep:
    Poldi killing it atm, I know it only Armenia but from the bench he's a goal and 3 assists. Ozil done well also

ReputationRep:
    I am perhaps being a tad pessimistic here. However, there may be a distinct possibility that we get a RB and that is it. Maybe we will get a last minute subpar panic buy striker. But, I don't think the CDM problem will ever be solved. If Wenger ever had any intention of solving it properly with the funds we have had, it would have been done by now. Our transfer window business handling is so so subpar.

ReputationRep:
    podolski absolutely merking for germany tonight lads......
    scored 1, assisted 3, dictated the other 1.
    its only armenia but still dass it mane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.Almasy)
    I am perhaps being a tad pessimistic here. However, there may be a distinct possibility that we get a RB and that is it. Maybe we will get a last minute subpar panic buy striker. But, I don't think the CDM problem will ever be solved. If Wenger ever had any intention of solving it properly with the funds we have had, it would have been done by now. Our transfer window business handling is so so subpar.
    Arsene's all about the last day of the window - haven't you noticed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Arsene's all about the last day of the window - haven't you noticed?
    It's not ebay Arsene.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.Almasy)
    If he had any intention of buying a player it would've been done by June 6th? Are you serious?

ReputationRep:
    If Podolski actually had better stamina and work rate, you'd probably say he was one of the most dangerous players in Europe tbf. The quality of his shooting and final ball is unreal :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Stacks)
    Pedro for me. Pedro is a much better footballer in terms of dribbling, being a team player and has more of a 'football brain'. Sanchez reminds me a bit like Walcott. Very stop and start when they have the ball at their feet and their best attributes are running in behind defences. Where as a feel Pedro brings more as he can do that extremely well, can also attack defences with the ball at his feet and is a great finisher. My two pence

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pedro is hardly a dribbler, even when he used to be consistent in 2010/11 he relied on passing the ball back and making off-the-ball runs behind the defence, something which you attribute to Alexis. He does have good dribbling skills, but so does Alexis, and Alexis actually completes way more dribbles per game than Pedro does.

'Footballing brain', whatever that means - Alexis doesn't really create a lot chances for himself, something which Pedro can, but other than that, I don't see what Pedro offers in that regard that Alexis doesn't. Alexis is more creative in general and while his link-up play was worse than Pedro's before, he has totally leveled him this season and linked up nicely with Neymar, Cesc etc.

Wrt finishing, Pedro really hasn't been a better finisher than Alexis recently. He used to be more clinical, but Alexis has overtaken him this season, cf. for example their respective conversion rates. Alexis scored some absolute golazos this season too, two of which against Real and Atléti. Probably the two most beautiful Barcelona goals this season tbh. Haven't seen Pedro doing that at all recently, except against fodder teams like Betis. He's really a confidence player in that regard, for better or worse.

Some areas where Pedro still edges it are pressing and workrate, but other than that, Alexis offers just as much and more. He has overtaken him this season despite the system not fitting him at all (which explains why he is so much better for Chile) and despite Pedro growing up in that the system. Tbh the only reason Alexis has gotten so much more stick in recent years is that Pedro is from la Masia and has been a beast for Spain, who happened to be the best NT in the world. But even regarding NT performances, Alexis is better than him atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    If Podolski actually had better stamina and work rate, you'd probably say he was one of the most dangerous players in Europe tbf. The quality of his shooting and final ball is unreal :coma:
    He always turns up for Germany Lowë had picked him for every tournament since 04.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Goes missing in big games though. Some times :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Goes missing in big games though. Some times :/
    (Original post by Kruz)
    He always turns up for Germany Lowë had picked him for every tournament since 04.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think with Podolski, less is more. Off the bench for 30m in games we're chasing he'll do more than he would do in 3 90m games.

Probably why he's a good tournament player too, he's able to perform at an intensity for a few weeks that he simply cant reach over a season.

ReputationRep:
    Scheiderlin called up to the French squad. One to watch...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    Scheiderlin called up to the French squad. One to watch...
    Is he Ribery's replacement, cause Grenier is now out as well.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah forgot that Schneiderlin can be raided too.

Saying that, anybody know's Schneiderlin's style of play? Does he play best as a no.8 or a no.6? I can't say that I've looked at him properly. Know he's good at winning the ball and he's very creative in the opposition half for a CM but I'd like to know more about him, seems like the kinda guy that Arsenal and Chelsea can do with.

Does he move high up the field when in the attacking phase, does he make late runs or is he more of a Matic who stays a bit more in position but will help out with attacking. Also is he combative as a ball winner or does he rely more on interceptions and stay on his feet when defending?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Is he Ribery's replacement, cause Grenier is now out as well.
    Cabella apparently is the other replacement.

It's actually peak on Nasri as he'd actually be starting now.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.