Salaam everyone

Long time, how are you guys doing?

I hope you are well!
    It has been so long!!! Walaikum Salam WaRahmatullah. Alhamdulilah and u? Xx

(Original post by HSafirah)
    Ameen...

LONG TIME NO SEE SISTAH :jumphug:

Miss your posts really. Hope you are fine today
    Ahaha indeed. I've been busy...sad to see that so many members are gone.
    How r u? I still logged on secretly and saw your amaze posts x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautifulxxx)
    Ahaha indeed. I've been busy...sad to see that so many members are gone.
    How r u? I still logged on secretly and saw your amaze posts x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alhamdulillah, all good.

Hmm, we all do the logged-on-secretly part, don't we? :rolleyes:

It's quiet here in TSR lately.. Dunno if it's the same with the year before during this time of the year

ReputationRep:
    I really don't see how longing onto to TSR effects exam results. Most of the users didn't spend that much time on it anyway, and i find it hard to believe that during a 24 hour period, 7 for sleep, someone is literally revising for 17 hours. The average seems to be around 8-10, and 15-20 mins here and there on breaks to post about Islam is hardly time consuming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    I really don't see how longing onto to TSR effects exam results. Most of the users didn't spend that much time on it anyway, and i find it hard to believe that during a 24 hour period, 7 for sleep, someone is literally revising for 17 hours. The average seems to be around 8-10, and 15-20 mins here and there on breaks to post about Islam is hardly time consuming.
    I concur.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSafirah)

Alhamdulillah, all good.

Hmm, we all do the logged-on-secretly part, don't we? :rolleyes:

It's quiet here in TSR lately.. Dunno if it's the same with the year before during this time of the year
    Loooool we do indeed!!

I'm not sure either...I wasn't here last year during this time. I remember TSR being on fire during ramadhan and after...now it's just dry. Insha'Allah they come back. The ISOCers only ofc...dont care about the rest lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeyboardScholar™)
    That really is an amazing video. Ive watched it quite a few times before

That talk islam guy is a wicked poet... His ryhmes, emotion and meanings.. Its all really good

Ive got mad respect for the guy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yh tru say...he's a gd guy....his videos are really moving nd emotional

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    Sis after one month it's EXAM time!! most people are busy revising and they don't want to waste there time on TSR because they don't want to flop !!
    And btw everyone is supposed to be revising ages ago and most people want A/A*....

Being on TSR all day is just a waste of time!

It does effect exam results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 5n(12-2n))
    Sis after one month it's EXAM time!! most people are busy revising and they don't want to waste there time on TSR because they don't want to flop !!
    And btw everyone is supposed to be revising ages ago and most people want A/A*....

Being on TSR all day is just a waste of time!

It does effect exam results...
    Very true. Those Muslims who have exams don't waste too much time on tsr, focus on your exams!!

ReputationRep:
    Tawheed a sis. Y'Allah.

ReputationRep:
    Tawheed a sis. Y'Allah.
    Looool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyoti)
    Very true. Those Muslims who have exams don't waste too much time on tsr, focus on your exams!!
    Exactly :yy: it's so difficult for some people to understand... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Loooool we do indeed!!

I'm not sure either...I wasn't here last year during this time. I remember TSR being on fire during ramadhan and after...now it's just dry. Insha'Allah they come back. The ISOCers only ofc...dont care about the rest lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I miss everyone so much mayn! :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    To Allah swt we come from, and it is to he we shall return.

Truly sad, sad news

A journalist killed in a car crash days after being threatened by turkish intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    Breaks my heart, it's so sad to hear her death.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Ok broseph, thanks for the correction. I will kheep any eye out for the correct arabish spelling.
    Aight!
    Peace out!
    Sufi in arabic directly translates into a person that 'wears wool'.

(Talking about the majority of sufis) The majority of sufis do fall into the sunni category of Islam and mostly do follow Qur'an and Sunnah. There are many good sufis around.

Although it is quite well known, with the controversy of the celebration of Milad-Un-Nabi, that it has Shia roots.

However, yes, you are correct, bro, MOST sufis are against shi'ism. Although there is a minority like the alevi....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Procrastinate)
    Salaam.

I can't remember if i asked this before, but what do Sufi's believe in that differ from sunni's? I'm curious.
    Sufis are still muslims, and they do fall into the sunni category of Islam and are our brothers of Islam.

However, although there are many great sufi shuyookh around, they do follow major Qu'ran and Sunnah.

On the contrary, there is bad in every group. There is an extreme of sufism where people go ballistic and start dancing around, worshipping graves. This is not from Qur'an or Sunnah. And anyone who defends this is not a proper Sufi, and is not following Qur'an or Sunnah.

The only controversy is the fact that sufis celebrate milad-un-nabi, and there is no hadith, sunnah to verify it.
    http://islamqa.info/en/249

ReputationRep:
    Tawheed a sis. Y'Allah.
    lol

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Abu Huraira reported: I entered upon Uthman on the day he was under siege in his house and I said, “O leader of the believers, I have come to give support or fight.” Uthman said, “O Abu Huraira, would it please you to ‘kill the people altogether’ (Quran 5:32) including me?” I said no. Uthman said, “By Allah, if you have killed one man then it is as if you have killed all the people.” So I returned and I did not fight.

Source: Tabaqat Al-Kubra 2871

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Ahmad Shakir

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.