Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
I would feel quite vulnerable if I went on holiday on my own. But still, I like the idea.
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I just had a 2 hour-long convo with my old best friend from home. She didn't say whether or not I should could home - she said to make a list of the pros and cons, which makes sense. At least I'll have a friend if I do decide to go back. She hates Northampton too though. It's a depressing town but I guess it's just a place to live. I won't go back if I don't have a job or something temporary to go back to. I might stay up tonight and search, if anyone fancies helping :tongue:. This isn't to say I've made up my mind, though. I will see how I feel at the weekend.
Hun, this is exactly what I did when I came home. I thought I'd make up a plan so I had something here. But it fell through and now look at me. I'm job hunting online now...it's hard If you come home though, we will definitely meet up (if you want that is?)
vapid slut magician
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I just had a 2 hour-long convo with my old best friend from home. She didn't say whether or not I should could home - she said to make a list of the pros and cons, which makes sense. At least I'll have a friend if I do decide to go back. She hates Northampton too though. It's a depressing town but I guess it's just a place to live. I won't go back if I don't have a job or something temporary to go back to. I might stay up tonight and search, if anyone fancies helping :tongue:. This isn't to say I've made up my mind, though. I will see how I feel at the weekend.
what do you want help finding? what kind of job and where?
Laus
Report 10 years ago
I have no idea. I am not good at anything. See, this is the problem. I like cats. I wouldn't mind helping people. And I love writing, even though I suck at it.

And yes, pink; I'd like that. I want to meet both of you.
Origin of the pancake
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just stumbled upon this and i thought id say hi I have had depression in the past and well am feeling really low atm as a result of last month or two.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/jo...alth-workplace
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I have no idea. I am not good at anything. See, this is the problem. I like cats. I wouldn't mind helping people. And I love writing, even though I suck at it.

And yes, pink; I'd like that. I want to meet both of you.
More than I've got to go on! I've got - Like horses/animals but don't want to work with them, need lots of variety in my work (I can't be stuck in an office all day!) and I want to be directly helping people.

Hence why I'm coming to the conclusion that I may up sticks and work towards becoming a paramedic. I'm just about to draw up a pro/cons list of leaving uni and exacting my plan... I think they're really helpful. :hugs:
Laus
Report 10 years ago
Lots of hugs for KMN :hugs:. We should compare lists at some point.

Do you have any music recommendations?
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Origin of the pancake)
I just stumbled upon this and i thought id say hi I have had depression in the past and well am feeling really low atm as a result of last month or two.
Hey . :hugs: Sorry you're feeling low. Do you know what has caused it?
Origin of the pancake
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Laus have you got any closer in your decision as to whether to drop out or not?
Origin of the pancake
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Hey . :hugs: Sorry you're feeling low. Do you know what has caused it?
:hugs: Yeah, lots of rubbish things happening in a short space of time.

Mainly my mum dying from cancer though, that made everything seem worse. Also being pretty ill myself and a few other things.
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Music? What kind?

If you haven't heard it already - Day and Age by The Killers, it's a stormin' album. Several tracks that I love... Dustland Fairytale and Spaceman, and Losing Touch!

I'm going to write my list now
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Mainly my mum dying from cancer though, that made everything seem worse. Also being pretty ill myself and a few other things.
:console:
I'm so sorry.
Laus
Report 10 years ago
This is dreadful, despicable and inexcusable. In the last interview I had, the management made out I was the perfect candidate for the job. I believe the fact that I was honest about my mental health had an impact on their decision. So I would probably choose not to disclose that information. How dare they penalise this poor woman. It is absolutely disgraceful. I am really angry about that. Mental health does not equate incompetence. Anyone with that perception ought to watch the BBC documentary 'How Mad Are You'. I am fuming. :mad: This is one of the reasons I want to be self-employed. We should all team together and come up with some amazing company :tongue:

I swear they just started an anti-prejudice campaign against employers who penalise or exclude those with mental health problems. One step forward, ten steps back, in my opinion. **** society.

Just look at Stephen Fry!!!!!!
Laus
Report 10 years ago

I am so incredibly sorry. That would kill me. My mum has cancer, too. It is a terrible disease. I was crying about it today. I feel so helpless. Sorry, you probably don't want to know this. I have no idea what it must be like for you. But you are in my thoughts. Lots of hugs :hugs:.
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
Music? What kind?

If you haven't heard it already - Day and Age by The Killers, it's a stormin' album. Several tracks that I love... Dustland Fairytale and Spaceman, and Losing Touch!

I'm going to write my list now
Cheers darlin'.

I may do mine in the morning, when I have a clear head.

:hugs:
Origin of the pancake
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
I'm so sorry.
(Original post by Laus)
I am so incredibly sorry. That would kill me. My mum has cancer, too. It is a terrible disease. I was crying about it today. I feel so helpless. Sorry, you probably don't want to know this. I have no idea what it must be like for you. But you are in my thoughts. Lots of hugs :hugs:.
Thanks :hugs: Its alright kind of coming to terms with it now. Im sorry to hear that Laus, just be there for your mum, its something i regret i wasnt there as much as i perhaps could have been. Feel free to talk to me about it though
Laus
Report 10 years ago
This is another reason why I need to go home. :hugs: Thank you.
Origin of the pancake
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
This is another reason why I need to go home. :hugs: Thank you.
Have you decided to take the time off?
Laus
Report 10 years ago
Have you decided to take the time off?
No. But I am leaning towards that idea.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.82%
No - but I will (114)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (102)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (690)
47.36%

Watched Threads