Turn on thread page Beta

The European/World Football Thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aa22)
    Ah, unlucky, i'm genuinely quite gutted for you lot. Maxi didn't help and you put up a fight and considering the injuries you played a decent game but i guess that's how it goes. Emerson actually played okay as a CB too. Now to concentrate on the leauge and that all important taca match against the mighty Gil!

ReputationRep:
    Kaka's goal, Ronaldo's freekick, Di Maria's lob. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Hypothetically, how do you think Real would do if they played in the english premier league?

ReputationRep:
    Madrid would rape our league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Messy)
    Kaka's goal, Ronaldo's freekick, Di Maria's lob. :coma:
    And APOEL's first goal

Has there ever been a game more packed with wonderful goals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Hypothetically, how do you think Real would do if they played in the english premier league?
    Win it. With relative ease.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan_1)
    Wide open? Milan had a total of something like 3 shots compared to Barcelona's 21. Did you actually watch the game? Plus anyone disputing the fact that Barca should have had at least 2 penalties in the first leg should not comment any further so no one else has to listen to your biased arguments.
    They should have had 1 penalty in the first leg which was the sanchez one, if the second one you are talking about is messis one, they should have got a free kick as the foul was committed outside of the box. See chelsea vs barca, malouda was fouled initially outside the box and despite him forcing his way into the box the initial foul was given. I agree with this rule tbh.

I dunno if there was another stonewall penalty.
    Anyway, teams get favourable treatment at their home stadiums lets face it, look at chelsea today, or milan at san siro or barca at nou camp two days ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    And APOEL's first goal

Has there ever been a game more packed with wonderful goals?
    I can't think of one.

Kaka's goal had me believing he's back to near his best. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    I've been saying it all year, Madrid will win the league and the CL. While the defensive mistakes yesterday were regrettable, the quality shown in Madrid's attacking play yesterday was unbelievable and it really does send out a message.

A proper European heavyweight showdown with Bayern coming up, it's the kind of game you watch football for. Two giants, neither have won the European Cup for ages, both have been in phenomenal form all year, both have attacking players of the absolute highest quality, and, most importantly, they are all on form, Ribery, Robben, Gomez, Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuain, Kaka, Di Maria, have all been scoring for fun lately. Schweinsteiger vs Alonso, Lahm vs Ronaldo, I can't bloody wait.

ReputationRep:
    That Ronaldo freekick was something else. How can you get the ball to do that?
    Everyone always goes on about Barca possibly being the best team ever but are they even the best team in Spain at the moment? In the future this Madrid team might be underrated if anything because it is always going to get compared to Barca.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    I've been saying it all year, Madrid will win the league and the CL. While the defensive mistakes yesterday were regrettable, the quality shown in Madrid's attacking play yesterday was unbelievable and it really does send out a message.

A proper European heavyweight showdown with Bayern coming up, it's the kind of game you watch football for. Two giants, neither have won the European Cup for ages, both have been in phenomenal form all year, both have attacking players of the absolute highest quality, and, most importantly, they are all on form, Ribery, Robben, Gomez, Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuain, Kaka, Di Maria, have all been scoring for fun lately. Schweinsteiger vs Alonso, Lahm vs Ronaldo, I can't bloody wait.
    I do expect it to be a far more fascinating affair than Chelsea v Barcelona, which I can't see being anything exceptional from a neutral perspective. Do you fancy Real Madrid or Bayern?

ReputationRep:
    I think Bayern will have too much for Madrid over two legs - they're too weak defensively even if Varane is a terrific prospect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    I think Bayern will have too much for Madrid over two legs - they're too weak defensively even if Varane is a terrific prospect.
    Mourinho will have Madrid thug up for the 1st leg which is away and aim to get a score draw or something and stop Bayern from playing too much and then outscore them at home where their form has been insane.

Will definately be who can outscore the other.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not gonna talk about this anymore because most people on here are very repetitive and naive BUT this link clarifies previously addressed points:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/edi...celona-penalty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluenose14)
    That Ronaldo freekick was something else. How can you get the ball to do that?
    Everyone always goes on about Barca possibly being the best team ever but are they even the best team in Spain at the moment? In the future this Madrid team might be underrated if anything because it is always going to get compared to Barca.
    Definitely agree, and the same happens with Ronaldo.

"Yeah, so what, Barca do this better..."
    "Yeah, so what, Messi does this better..."

Shame most just can't seem to acknowledge we're watching two fantastic teams, with two fantastic players leading them, without resorting to petty point scoring.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the goals from the Madrid game last night?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Does anyone have the goals from the Madrid game last night?
    Look at this, I miss him so so so much :'(

http://gif.mocksession.com/2012/04/kaka/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    Definitely agree, and the same happens with Ronaldo.

"Yeah, so what, Barca do this better..."
    "Yeah, so what, Messi does this better..."

Shame most just can't seem to acknowledge we're watching two fantastic teams, with two fantastic players leading them, without resorting to petty point scoring.
    I think this Madrid team first need to win La Liga this season (which no longer looks as certain) and provide some consistency for a few years first to be compared.

However I agree about Ronaldo getting unfair flak. I'm not a fan, comes across too arrogant but he's is a supreme athelete and his desire to be the best might actually be helped by Messi being so good. However, had he played in any different era to Messi, the comparisons would have been much closer and Ronaldo would have picked up many more awards etc. Poor guy, must hurt his ego so much

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I just saw them, some quality goals in there. APOEL's first goal was quality.

And Ronaldo's freekick was awesome but it wasn't from an impossible angle (thats what BBC live text said)/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Win it. With relative ease.
    I don't think so, firstly they would struggle with the climate and secondly I think they would struggle with the english style of play week in week out.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.