Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Alex Song has 17 sisters and 10 brothers :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    Was just out of interest really. The Villa academy has produced the likes of Darius Vassell in recent years so wondered how yours shaped up, especially with Wenger's 'philosophy' towards youth. Looks like it hasn't been very successful at all though, which is odd.
    At the end of the day we can only keep the players if they're good enough for the team.

Wenger has said that there are a few absolutely outstanding prospects in the academy that 'have nothing more to learn technically' - most people won't have heard of them, and at this point I can only remember a couple.

There's an English/Albanian AM (Alban Bunjaku) who turns 17 in May and a 17 year old Turkish goalkeeper (Yilmasz Aksoy).

ReputationRep:
    Imagine if all the brothers signed for Arsenal

A team of Songs:coma:

They could each dye their hair a controversial colour as well!

ReputationRep:
    Aye.

He's a very down-to-earth family man by all accounts, and he found it very difficult to move straight from Bastia to Arsenal (hence why we took him on-loan first). Rigobert persuaded him to move to the Premier League and Arsenal are certainly reaping the benefits.

He's a player I don't see leaving the club for quite some time.

ReputationRep:
    :O
    Where did you find that out?

ReputationRep:
    Ashley Cole and Wilshere isn't too bad. Then you've got Pennant and Bentley who were at Liverpool and Tottenham respectively.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    :O
    Where did you find that out?
    http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/pl...re-song/trivia

(Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Ashley Cole and Wilshere isn't too bad. Then you've got Pennant and Bentley who were at Liverpool and Tottenham respectively.
    Cole was the one that made me think of it, his Wiki says he didn't join until he was 17 though. I was thinking more along the lines of Wilshere and Bentley who joined as kids and progressed up the age ranges picking up DNA as they went.

ReputationRep:
    LOL

The thought of a future Arsenal squad made of just Alex song and his brothers. Epic - their hair colours would vary individually too

ReputationRep:
    http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/pl...re-song/trivia

Cole was the one that made me think of it, his Wiki says he didn't join until he was 17 though. I was thinking more along the lines of Wilshere and Bentley who joined as kids and progressed up the age ranges picking up DNA as they went.
    Was going throught the trivia page and stumbled upon this on Arshavin's page

He has written three books including one called ‘555 Questions and Answers on Women, Money, Politics and Football’
    Brilliant :toofunny: So want to read that!

ReputationRep:
    Lehmann was absolutely class back in his day, then he dropped in performance and Almunia forced him out. That's right us Arsenal fans wanted Almunia before because he was playing pretty well. For me Almunia had one bad season (including a family tragedy kept quiet) and became this "keeper from hell" in peoples minds. If he can continue his current form then he should be given the chance to reclaim number one.

ReputationRep:
    Jens, "This time I'm looking forward to my role on the bench, I will support Almunia. We can win the title" :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK.)
    Jens, "This time I'm looking forward to my role on the bench, I will support Almunia. We can win the title" :teeth:
    What a liar. Except on the title bit.. maybe..

ReputationRep:

what.a.legend.

ReputationRep:
    BREAKING NEWS: Arsene Wenger is prepared to make a shock move for Seaman after Lehmaan batters Almunia during practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antonfigo)

what.a.legend.
    I remember watching that programme.

After I heard "Cambiasso wasn't on the list"

I was like :adore: Mindtrix.

ReputationRep:
    Djourou might be fit for the international game against Bulgaria according to the Swiss FA

What a boost that would be. As arseblog says too, that'd be two season ending injuries he's back from already :gah:

ReputationRep:
    This must be one have been the most depressing fortnights of Wenger's Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    Johan Djourou's shoulder injury isn't as bad as first thought, and he says he expects to be playing again within a month.

ReputationRep:
    See my post, Cpt. Slow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    See my post, Cpt. Slow
    I looked at the last few but didn't see yours.

Don't kill me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.