The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dunnicare
Yeah I know he was saying doctor who?!?! but at the end he says doc tor who. Notice how I separated doc and tor. Perhaps this is his name.

That's just terrible.
Doctor Who....

Y U NO MAKE SENSE?
Original post by SirMasterKey
Silence blatently falls when the Doctor tells River his name.

I'm not so sure. When the Doctor first met River on his timeline (back when he was David Tennant in the library) she told him his real name so he knew he could trust her. If the Doctor dies when he tells River his name, that means they'd have to keep her as a character until the end of the show.
Original post by green chica
I'm not so sure. When the Doctor first met River on his timeline (back when he was David Tennant in the library) she told him his real name so he knew he could trust her. If the Doctor dies when he tells River his name, that means they'd have to keep her as a character until the end of the show.

Gonna throw this out there, as it's one of the things I'd considered after watching the episode, but could River have whispered to 10, "Look in my eye"? It could certainly give them an excuse to have not killed River off...
Original post by imperial maniac
That's just terrible.

N00b. :colondollar:

:getmecoat:
When the Doctor said 'a Doctor in a Doctor!', did anyone else thing of Xzibit?

Maybe I spend too much time on memebase :frown:
Original post by Tasneemo
When the Doctor said 'a Doctor in a Doctor!', did anyone else thing of Xzibit?

Maybe I spend too much time on memebase :frown:

Doc-ception was my reaction.
Reply 7027
Original post by Dinendal Leralonde
Gonna throw this out there, as it's one of the things I'd considered after watching the episode, but could River have whispered to 10, "Look in my eye"? It could certainly give them an excuse to have not killed River off...

Would that have worked though? At that point in his timestream, the Doctor didn't know that this fixed date of death was coming to him, so looking into her eyes couldn't bring back memories that hadn't yet existed? I don't know...

I've always thought that the only time he'd tell her his name is on his deathbed, but this episode sort of screwed that theory over.
Original post by Pthaos
Would that have worked though? At that point in his timestream, the Doctor didn't know that this fixed date of death was coming to him, so looking into her eyes couldn't bring back memories that hadn't yet existed? I don't know...

I've always thought that the only time he'd tell her his name is on his deathbed, but this episode sort of screwed that theory over.

The really old Doctor that gave her his screwdriver would've known though, so he could've got his old friend the Tesselecta to help River out...:confused:
Original post by LastLordofTime
Doc-ception was my reaction.

they're pretty much the same meme when you think about it :rolleyes:
I still can't figure out the words in the little "tick tock" song when the world was returning to normal! Anyone know what they are?
Reply 7031
Original post by Joseppea
The really old Doctor that gave her his screwdriver would've known though, so he could've got his old friend the Tesselecta to help River out...:confused:

Hmm... I'm getting lost.

Have we seen the Doctor give River his screwdriver yet? Or is that still to happen?

Really I think the whole story with River is great, but it's bloody confusing.
Original post by Lil Piranha
I still can't figure out the words in the little "tick tock" song when the world was returning to normal! Anyone know what they are?

Tick tock, goes the clock, he gave all he could give
Tick tock, goes the clock, now prison waits for River
Original post by Pthaos
Hmm... I'm getting lost.

Have we seen the Doctor give River his screwdriver yet? Or is that still to happen?

Really I think the whole story with River is great, but it's bloody confusing.

Not yet, that screwdriver is an upgraded version that we haven't seen yet. :biggrin:
Original post by Dinendal Leralonde

But the Doctor met the Teselecta for the first time in LKH.
Original post by spacepirate-James
Em, yes it does... :s-smilie:

I thought that they were put in tanks because if they drew any electricity they would be wholly electrified themselves. Or something.

The water you get out of the tap will conduct electricity as it is full of ions which can move and carry charge therefore conducting electricity. But water itself cannot conduct electricity as it doesn't have any free electrons.
I reckon the Doctor is Gavros (is that right, the dalek leader?) and somehow went crazy, turned into a dalek and started the time war?

It would be an interesting end to Doctor-whodom anyway :P

As for this episode...I really do love River, but I sort of cringed a bit when she massively over-acted when they had soppy emotional moments...

Negged for not writing and reading all of Dr Who wiki?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7037
Original post by 04ghicks
I reckon the Doctor is Gavros (is that right, the dalek leader?) and somehow went crazy, turned into a dalek and started the time war?

As for this episode...I really do love River, but I sort of cringed a bit when she massively over-acted when they had soppy emotional moments...

i second that last bit. though i thought the whole episode was quite feel-good. i didnt take it too seriously. especially loved some of amy's lines, like:
rory: whats going on?
amy: we got married and had a kid and thats her
rory: oh, ok then.

:biggrin:

Also loved beardy matt smith!
Original post by 04ghicks

Davros.

That would be a terrible ending! There is the Valeyard which is a sort of evil incarnation of the Doctor between his 12th and 13th forms, so look out for that.

I want to know, where on earth is naked river winking as shown in this mini-series trailer?
I think I'm going to sound really stupid when I say this, but why didn't the 'silence fall' when Moldovar asked 'Doctor Who?'?

Latest