Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
But the Silence will fall when the question is asked, well it was asked but is he going to ask? Or does he indeed answer it and *then* Silence falls? :/ but they're trying to kill him before he gets to that place - is that where the question is asked then *confused*

Or they don't mean silence as in quietness - the actually mean the Silence as in the religious order/alien-in-suits as they are referred to the Silence as well! Maybe that's how the Doctor can cause the fall of the Silence, by asking the question?
Well if it's a battle and someone says, 'The Doctor will die/fall/live/win/lose etc' I just wouldn't be satisfied with a 'Doctor, who?' by the Doctor to save the day.

Wh I also think it will be telling River his name, the Silence 'built' her up to kill the Doctor. Therefore to me it just seems right that it would end up being her with the Doctor that destroys them.
spacepirate-James
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by limetang)
Water doesn't conduct electricity =P, but they didn't say it was water. They merely said that it was a fluid of some kind (from what I can remember)... so maybe it was an insulating liquid.
Em, yes it does...

I thought that they were put in tanks because if they drew any electricity they would be wholly electrified themselves. Or something.
Gemini92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by spacepirate-James)
Em, yes it does...

I thought that they were put in tanks because if they drew any electricity they would be wholly electrified themselves. Or something.
If I remember right from school, water itself (as in water with no impurities) does not conduct electricity. The reason water tends to conduct is because it has usually impurities which allow the electrical current to flow through the water. If you remove these impurities, the water will be unable to conduct electricity.
henryt
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemini92)
If I remember right from school, water itself (as in water with no impurities) does not conduct electricity. The reason water tends to conduct is because it has usually impurities which allow the electrical current to flow through the water. If you remove these impurities, the water will be unable to conduct electricity.
This. Dissolved salts in water allow electric charge to be passed. Pure water is a poor conductor of electricity.
Bella Occhi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just watched it.

Meh. :indiff:
imperial maniac
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dunnicare)
Yeah I know he was saying doctor who?!?! but at the end he says doc tor who. Notice how I separated doc and tor. Perhaps this is his name.
That's just terrible.
imperial maniac
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Doctor Who....

Y U NO MAKE SENSE?
green chica
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
Silence blatently falls when the Doctor tells River his name.
I'm not so sure. When the Doctor first met River on his timeline (back when he was David Tennant in the library) she told him his real name so he knew he could trust her. If the Doctor dies when he tells River his name, that means they'd have to keep her as a character until the end of the show.
Dinendal Leralonde
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by green chica)
I'm not so sure. When the Doctor first met River on his timeline (back when he was David Tennant in the library) she told him his real name so he knew he could trust her. If the Doctor dies when he tells River his name, that means they'd have to keep her as a character until the end of the show.
Gonna throw this out there, as it's one of the things I'd considered after watching the episode, but could River have whispered to 10, "Look in my eye"? It could certainly give them an excuse to have not killed River off...
dunnicare
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by imperial maniac)
That's just terrible.
N00b.

:getmecoat:
Tasneemo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When the Doctor said 'a Doctor in a Doctor!', did anyone else thing of Xzibit?

Maybe I spend too much time on memebase
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tasneemo)
When the Doctor said 'a Doctor in a Doctor!', did anyone else thing of Xzibit?

Maybe I spend too much time on memebase
Doc-ception was my reaction.
Pthaos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
Gonna throw this out there, as it's one of the things I'd considered after watching the episode, but could River have whispered to 10, "Look in my eye"? It could certainly give them an excuse to have not killed River off...
Would that have worked though? At that point in his timestream, the Doctor didn't know that this fixed date of death was coming to him, so looking into her eyes couldn't bring back memories that hadn't yet existed? I don't know...

I've always thought that the only time he'd tell her his name is on his deathbed, but this episode sort of screwed that theory over.
Joseppea
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pthaos)
Would that have worked though? At that point in his timestream, the Doctor didn't know that this fixed date of death was coming to him, so looking into her eyes couldn't bring back memories that hadn't yet existed? I don't know...

I've always thought that the only time he'd tell her his name is on his deathbed, but this episode sort of screwed that theory over.
The really old Doctor that gave her his screwdriver would've known though, so he could've got his old friend the Tesselecta to help River out...:confused:
Tasneemo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LastLordofTime)
Doc-ception was my reaction.
they're pretty much the same meme when you think about it :rolleyes:
Lil Piranha
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I still can't figure out the words in the little "tick tock" song when the world was returning to normal! Anyone know what they are?
Pthaos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Joseppea)
The really old Doctor that gave her his screwdriver would've known though, so he could've got his old friend the Tesselecta to help River out...:confused:
Hmm... I'm getting lost.

Have we seen the Doctor give River his screwdriver yet? Or is that still to happen?

Really I think the whole story with River is great, but it's bloody confusing.
Muffinz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lil Piranha)
I still can't figure out the words in the little "tick tock" song when the world was returning to normal! Anyone know what they are?
Tick tock, goes the clock, he gave all he could give
Tick tock, goes the clock, now prison waits for River
Joseppea
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pthaos)
Hmm... I'm getting lost.

Have we seen the Doctor give River his screwdriver yet? Or is that still to happen?

Really I think the whole story with River is great, but it's bloody confusing.
Not yet, that screwdriver is an upgraded version that we haven't seen yet.
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
But the Doctor met the Teselecta for the first time in LKH.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (254)
38.84%
No - but I will (45)
6.88%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.19%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (308)
47.09%

Watched Threads