Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's weird how a song can bring back feelings so vividly :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    Is there really? I only meant it because I can't ****ing read the word properly atm but yeah i get that but srsly they aren't even acquaintances, they are people I just know and usually don't like.

Ty why ?
    I think there is, I thought I saw it somewhere. I wish I didn't have the displeasure of meeting these people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    It's weird how a song can bring back feelings so vividly :moon:
    Lol theres a reason i've stopped listening to old taylor swift songs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EduWiz)
    Well now i support Birmingham City after that xup final match:ahee:...did you think arsenal were gonna win??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :emo: where are Birmingham by the way?:smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    dat smug face

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys heard about the building collapse in Bangladesh? It's so sad.
    Many are already dead and some found alive in the rubble don't want to be rescued so they're basically being left to die. The owner of the factory fled the country but he has now been caught. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha they're having a break:ahee:..winning a cup sure takes it toll:hand::yep:...arsenal wouldn't know about that:smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EduWiz)
    Hahahaha they're having a break:ahee:..winning a cup sure takes it toll:hand::yep:...arsenal wouldn't know about that:smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, let me know when that break finishes
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jina)
    Many are already dead and some found alive in the rubble don't want to be rescued so they're basically being left to die. The owner of the factory fled the country but he has now been caught. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What caused it? Explosives perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's awful, fleeing the country means something must be up, and I'm sure there was another building collapse in Dhaka not too long ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep it's disgusting, apparently (can't remember the source therefore can't confirm credibility) but the system whereby the government people decide if it is built fit for the work, the number of buildings that aren't safe that are passed (through money) is as much as 90%!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    What caused it? Explosives perhaps?
    Collapsed. :/ they had permission to build 5 floors, instead they built 8. That's what greed does. Plus Bangladeshi channels don't censor much, you basically see dead people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    Yep it's disgusting, apparently (can't remember the source therefore can't confirm credibility) but the system whereby the government people decide if it is built fit for the work, the number of buildings that aren't safe that are passed (through money) is as much as 90%!
    Bangladesh is a corrupt corrupt country. You can basically be above the law with a bit of money. Any aid that goes to bangladesh victims from this collapse will probably be hidden away by the Government. :/ The factory made clothes for Primark and other British stores, such a shame.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    It's awful, fleeing the country means something must be up, and I'm sure there was another building collapse in Dhaka not too long ago.
    Yeah, the factory had 8 floors instead of the 5 they had permission for. It shames me to admit, i ignored the event at first but i saw the news footage today. Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1367171627.583439.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  79.2 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Bangladesh is a corrupt corrupt country. You can basically be above the law with a bit of money. Any aid that goes to bangladesh victims from this collapse will probably be hidden away by the Government. :/ The factory made clothes for Primark and other British stores, such a shame.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To be fair, I don't think the companies can be blamed though, if a building has a 'safe and fit for work' pass by the government they aren't going to doubt it are they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And you ask why I dislike them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    To be fair, I don't think the companies can be blamed though, if a building has a 'safe and fit for work' pass by the government they aren't going to doubt it are they?
    Ah i'm not blaming the companies... Though they do have a responsibility to check out working conditions of their workers instead of just checking if it has a pass. Everyone has an equal responsibility, but ultimately the factory owner.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Yeah, the factory had 8 floors instead of the 5 they had permission for. It shames me to admit, i ignored the event at first but i saw the news footage today. Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1367171627.583439.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  79.2 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The things people do to make money, they're horrendous. That image is horrific, I don't feel like eating much more.

ReputationRep:
    And you ask why I dislike them...
    I too dislike the country and it's government, especially with the recent Shabag protests. But I love being Bangladeshi...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    The things people do to make money, they're horrendous. That image is horrific, I don't feel like eating much more.
    That's not the worst of it. My dad cried last night watching a man ask to die instead of being rescued. Sorry if I put you off your dinner. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.