Turn on thread page Beta

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! watch

ReputationRep:
    good luck everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to my 4 A*'s... Harvard Uni here I come!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emah123)
    Anyone worried about the OCR chem f325? 75/100 for an A.
    Higher than jan 2013 and I found that paper so much harder than jan!
    Yes, agreed! But you may have done better than you think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rm.xo)
    I'm slightly worried how low the BIOL5 boundaries are. Makes me think that I've probably bombed on that paper :facepalm:
    I know, it's freaked me out, I thought the paper was alright! No one at my school came out upset, we were all quite positive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarlettFierce)
    Edexcel economics... Come on...
    Nervously waiting for that.

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream a while back that I met my French Speaking examiner in the shopping centre and he told me I had done alright but not great. The thing is, I'm really worried that my oral didn't go all that well so I hope the dream isn't proved right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan94adibi)
    Nervously waiting for that.
    Thats the last exam I need to check the grade boundaries for! How did you find the grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie4590)
    Me too! But I do english and other essay subjects and I've managed to do well in them which is why I think it puts us at ease that they can read handwriting in exam conditions even if others can't!
    Fortunately I only did biology, maths and further maths this year! Biology requires quite a bit of writing though, and there is a long essay question at the end of the final A2 exam on AQA. I think examiners must have a lot of experience with all types of poor handwriting, so I just hope they won't have any trouble.

ReputationRep:
    guys which grade boyundaries are out ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geor)
    Maybe edexcel really are releasing their grade boundaries at midnight...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just spoke to edexcel and they said that they are going to release the grade boundaries midnight tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venenecinema)
    If there are any Bristol firmers here, try checking your accommodation status. If, when you attempt to login, it says "You are not eligible to apply for Undergraduate accommodation online", then I think you've missed the offer. It says this for me now but when I logged in a couple of days ago it allowed me to check my status.
    It still allows me to check my status. Maybe just a temp glitch on yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    guys which grade boyundaries are out ?
    AQA and OCR and Edexcel Maths. The other Edexcel ones are published at midnight.

ReputationRep:
    I hadn't felt truly panicked yet but today my stomach is in knots. I just want to stay in bed today but I stupidly volunteered myself for an 8 hour shift today to keep myself busy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brittanna)
    Thank you AQA for such nice chemistry ISA grade boundaries :grumble:. I mean, it's only 72% for an E and 96% for an A*.

On a slightly better note, I guess i'm okay with the CHEM 5 grade boundaries.
    Can you please send me the link on Chem ISA grade boundaries. It seems like you can't get 0UMS in ISA if you score at least 1 mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potential Medic)
    AQA and OCR and Edexcel Maths. The other Edexcel ones are published at midnight.
    Edexcel maths is technically not out...their maybe changes in the boundries, even if its by a couple of raw marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanboi)
    Thats the last exam I need to check the grade boundaries for! How did you find the grade boundaries?
    Persian Language A*
    Accounting horrible and Business confused.

I'm just lucky I've already done my F.Maths and Maths. Takes away some of the pressures.

ReputationRep:
    OCR MEI FP1 grade boundary is a bit high **** sake

ReputationRep:
    PLEASE hurry up Edexcel biology and chemistry!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rm.xo)
    I thought it was a hard exam. Not like realllly hard, I was more annoyed about the lack of unit 5 questions even though it was a unit 5 paper!
    Yeah I must admit I thought there were too many graph type questions but still !! Biology is my strongest subject and the only subject I like to think I'm going to do ok in.... But now I'm not so sure ! Why do they do this too us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WalkingDead)
    It still allows me to check my status. Maybe just a temp glitch on yours?
    I'm not certain, but since it allowed me to check it a couple of days ago I think it probably means I've been rejected. Not too gutted since my insurance is just as good. If I miss that offer as well, on the other hand...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.