Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Andre Villas-Boas: "Bale will not leave under any circumstances this summer, he is happy here and ready for the new season to kick off."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20278355

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    What has happened to le coq (coquelin)? He didn't play much last season and I expected that to be his breakthrough

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Out on loan mate, to Freiburg. Probably best for him, don't see him getting a look in to our squad this season unfortunately.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    I'm actually happy we lost out on the Emirates Cup. Maybe that will open up Wenger's eyes more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I'm actually happy we lost out on the Emirates Cup. Maybe that will open up Wenger's eyes more.
    You have to be naive to think that the emirates cup will have any effect on Wenger.

ReputationRep:
    Gonna miss Le Coq

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    Andre Villas-Boas: "Bale will not leave under any circumstances this summer, he is happy here and ready for the new season to kick off."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20278355
    Wow I didn't know they had internet in heaven:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    Yeah I think the main concern would be how he would adapt to England hence the trial. He looks a bit lightweight but then this isn't the 90's and those kind of players seem to be thriving now.

He also looks like the lovechild of Nani and David Luiz.

If he's got any of David Luiz comic genetics, sign him up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Wenger was always going to improve the team regardless of preseason results. All the deadwood have gone bar Bendtner. There's so much room for quality improvements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Wenger was always going to improve the team regardless of preseason results. All the deadwood have gone bar Bendtner. There's so much room for quality improvements
    The longer Bendtner stays, the more chance Wenger will stick with him. It's a big worry. Apparently a team wanted to buy him and Arsenal would pay his wages for the first year but still didn't materialise.

Room is one thing but filling it is another - we've not done that and time is running.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    The longer Bendtner stays, the more chance Wenger will stick with him. It's a big worry. Apparently a team wanted to buy him and Arsenal would pay his wages for the first year but still didn't materialise.

Room is one thing but filling it is another - we've not done that and time is running.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What I mean is the fact that there is a lack of depth means it has to be filled. You cannot go into a season with these numbers no matter what team you are, Im sure it will be filled with quality players

Apparently Arsenal may be signing 27 year old Romanian Striker Ciprian Marica on a free transfer. I can hear the WOB already.

Sauce: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/49...enger-luis.htm

ReputationRep:
    What I mean is the fact that there is a lack of depth means it has to be filled. You cannot go into a season with these numbers no matter what team you are, Im sure it will be filled with quality players

Apparently Arsenal may be signing 27 year old Romanian Striker Ciprian Marica on a free transfer. I can hear the WOB already.

This is bull****. I've seen the dude multiple times. He's ****. And when I say ****, I mean ****

ReputationRep:

I bloody hope not

ReputationRep:

Can I ask why do you say sauce instead of source? lol.

ReputationRep:

seems like fair buisness - never seen the guy play, but hes free, ok age, and can he really be worse then chamak???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    Can I ask why do you say sauce instead of source? lol.
    Because they sound the same

ReputationRep:
    I hope that 20 year old colombian signing is a good one, doesn't seem too small and being colombian he must have decent technical ability along with being hard working. Just needs a proper haircut

ReputationRep:
    So this is the £70m summer. It's no good saying wait until the month is out because there'll be little done - Wenger has already said that nothing will happen before the CL qualifiers. What a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    So this is the £70m summer. It's no good saying wait until the month is out because there'll be little done - Wenger has already said that nothing will happen before the CL qualifiers. What a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    should be £80mill after Gervinho signs for roma.

8 players been sold now, another 2 expected in a day or 2 so the wagebill can't be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    Yeah I think the main concern would be how he would adapt to England hence the trial. He looks a bit lightweight but then this isn't the 90's and those kind of players seem to be thriving now.

He also looks like the lovechild of Nani and David Luiz.

:rofl:

So true

ReputationRep:
    With the amount of players we've released, I'm keeping patience that the squad will be strengthened. Also, can we give Wenger a little credit. He's been managing at the top level for over a decade and has a host of trophies to his name. I'm pretty sure he knows when and how our squad needs to be strengthened, regardless of what nonsense he feeds the media.

Also, arteta agrees with me. Don't know if he'd necessarily know any more than us though.

'I think we are going to start the season with new faces. That is what we are all hoping for. That will give us a big boost.

'It will happen, I have no doubts about it. I know the boss is working really hard on it and the board as well.

'The great players normally come at the end of the transfer window. The clubs work hard to keep their best players and I think Arsenal will do well in the transfer window.'

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.