Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Is he Ribery's replacement, cause Grenier is now out as well.
    They've called up two players: Remy Cabella and Schneiderlin.

Hope the injuries don't effect the World Cup: Ronaldo, Suarez, Van Persie and Aguero not fully fit; Falcao, Walcott, Montolivo, Gundogan and Ribery ruled out (Reus too probably); Ibrahimovic and Bale failed qualifying :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Is he Ribery's replacement, cause Grenier is now out as well.
    Griezmann is Ribery's replacement, with Valbuena - who can play anywhere along the front three behind the striker - and Remy next in line.

Schneiderlin's best position is CDM - great tackler and presses hard. He ain't starting ahead of Matuidi, but DD may opt for Matuidi - Schneiderlin as the double pivot, with Pogba as the CAM, once France play against decent opposition in the knockout stage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Griezmann is Ribery's replacement, with Valbuena - who can play anywhere along the front three behind the striker - and Remy next in line.

Schneiderlin's best position is CDM - great tackler and presses hard. He ain't starting ahead of Matuidi, but DD may opt for Matuidi - Schneiderlin as the double pivot, with Pogba as the CAM, once France play against decent opposition in the knockout stage.
    I didn't mean positionally, I know they don't play similar positions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Cabella apparently is the other replacement.

It's actually peak on Nasri as he'd actually be starting now.
    Nasri's omission is political though, not about football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Goes missing in big games though. Some times :/
    To be fair that criticism can be levelled at most, if not all the players last season in most big games...

ReputationRep:
    Nasri's omission is political though, not about football.
    Yes it's political, because of how he reacts to being on the bench, but he would have started the games, so then the whole 'he doesn't react well to being on the bench' stuff wouldn't affect him.

Although I reckon this is his punishment for his 'fils de pute' comment to the media after the loss to spain.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mean positionally, I know they don't play similar positions.
    Oh, right. Yeah, Scheiderlin and Cabella are replacing Ribery and Grenier.

France will do better without Ribery, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bektas)
    To be fair that criticism can be levelled at most, if not all the players last season in most big games...
    I disagree tbh.

Hazard was good in most all the big games last season bar vs Arsenal at the emirates (when fit). Toure was great in essentially all the big games(bar against Chelsea at the Etihad in the league). Aguero was good whenever he was on, don't know his record in the big games but remember him scoring vs Chelsea and against Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's political, because of how he reacts to being on the bench, but he would have started the games, so then the whole 'he doesn't react well to being on the bench' stuff wouldn't affect him.

Although I reckon this is his punishment for his 'fils de pute' comment to the media after the loss to spain.
    It's not just the reaction to the bench, it's picking stupid fights with journalists like he did in the euros.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    It's not just the reaction to the bench, it's picking stupid fights with journalists like he did in the euros.
    That's the second paragraph, when he called them sons of whores right?

ReputationRep:
    Nasri's a **** - this is a well-known fact. The kid throw's his toys out the pram as soon as he's benched and that doesn't sit well with DD, and rightly so.

Deschamps has admitted that he hasn't picked the best players, but has picked the best squad - and that's the most important thing. Bear in mind what happened in South Africa.

I don't understand why Clichy isn't in the squad, though. He should start ahead of Evra, imo.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree tbh.

Hazard was good in most all the big games last season bar vs Arsenal at the emirates (when fit). Toure was great in essentially all the big games(bar against Chelsea at the Etihad in the league). Aguero was good whenever he was on, don't know his record in the big games but remember him scoring vs Chelsea and against Liverpool.
    ?

I'm pretty sure he was only talking about Arsenal players

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Nasri's a **** - this is a well-known fact. The kid throw's his toys out the pram as soon as he's benched and that doesn't sit well with DD, and rightly so.

Deschamps has admitted that he hasn't picked the best players, but has picked the best squad - and that's the most important thing. Bear in mind what happened in South Africa.

I don't understand why Clichy isn't in the squad, though. He should start ahead of Evra, imo.
    Reckon because of Nasri Clichy isn't in the squad.

ReputationRep:
    Can say Arsenal have had a fair bunch of ego's in the past :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    ?

I'm pretty sure he was only talking about Arsenal players
    He didn't say that though although that probably makes sense now. He replied to you that Podolski goes missing in big games and he said most of the players went missing in big games last season.

Sorry for misinterpreting though.

ReputationRep:
    That's the second paragraph, when he called them sons of whores right?
    Ah yh, just skimed that post, but it wasn't limited to the Spain game. He loves talking. Surprised he was ever called back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Can say Arsenal have had a fair bunch of ego's in the past :lol:
    The problem with Arsene is that a lot of the time the players he gets on the cheap may have attitude problems and disrupt the squad dynamic. Wenger can get a good dynamic going at Arsenal, but there may be times where the players will throw their toys out the pram.

Most of the players seem to have a lot of respect for Wenger, even if they don't respect the club, you don't hear a single player who has played for Arsenal say a bad thing about Arsene Wenger's character tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Reckon because of Nasri Clichy isn't in the squad.
    Probably because he doesn't want Clichy bringing up the Nasri fiasco to the rest of the team. But I don't see why he would?

ReputationRep:
    The problem with Arsene is that a lot of the time the players he gets on the cheap may have attitude problems and disrupt the squad dynamic. Wenger can get a good dynamic going at Arsenal, but there may be times where the players will throw their toys out the pram.

Most of the players seem to have a lot of respect for Wenger, even if they don't respect the club, you don't hear a single player who has played for Arsenal say a bad thing about Arsene Wenger's character tbh.
    inb4 Bendtner says Arsene never utilised him

Also, plug.dj everyone

ReputationRep:

Arsene turns the players into potential superstars and, in most cases, it goes to their heads and they see dollar signs.

Had AW and SAF come together, as coach and manager, they'd have Europe on lockdown.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.