ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Airbus to Review UK Investment
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Morgan Stanley moves 2,000 staff from London to Franfurt
    Bloomberg had someone on suggesting that if we play it right we could be the next Switzerland and start pulling financial services back from Paris and Frankfurt and grow even stronger

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    It's full anarchy

Cameron's Gone
    Corbyn is next ( reports now saying he is ready to go voluntary )
    Carney is most likely gone
    Sturgeon is loving it
    Sweden want a vote
    Dutch parties want out
    Add George Osborne to your list?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Bloomberg had someone on suggesting that if we play it right we could be the next Switzerland and start pulling financial services back from Paris and Frankfurt and grow even stronger

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is very true .... We could promote offshore heavens
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Add George Osborne to your list?
    I doubt he will go just yet , Like JD said Keep him on to get over the shock then sack him in a few weeks
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Airmed)
    You support an EU army, don't you?
    generally yeah...
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    He supports anything and everything EU!
    not true!!!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Aph)
    generally yeah...

not true!!!!
    If ya say so!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Obama's changed his tune

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Just shocked at how today is going so far, in a good way - I never thought I'd see the day when Britain was standing on her own two feet again. Though, looking at BBC news, Mr Schulz is throwing his toys out of the pram.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In the short term, it seems rather unlikely. JP Morgan have just let four buildings in Madrid and six buildings in Frankfurt as part of their contingency plans. It may very well be the case that this event is used as a cost-cutting measure to cut off expensive London operations for cheaper operations on the European mainland.

The interesting question is what the likes of Goldman Sachs will do. They're currently in the process of building a massive new European HQ in Farringdon - would they really abandon it now?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Seriously ? BBC News have make an article called " What Brexit means for Africa ? " WTF
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    FTSE 100 regaining ground now, it's up almost 400 points from its low of 5800 this morning, and only 150 points under where it started today. Pound up to 1.38 against the dollar as well.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by toronto353)
    FTSE 100 regaining ground now, it's up almost 400 points from its low of 5800 this morning, and only 150 points under where it started today. Pound up to 1.38 against the dollar as well.
    To be honest, I don't think at this point things stabilising and getting back on ground is that surprising... Especially given the fact we've got 2 years before we're actually going to be gone... It did make me laugh when someone would say last night that we're screwed after the pound against the euro suddenly dropped... Plenty of time for things to settle, and in a few days, people will be going around as if not a lot has happened I reckon!
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    To be honest, I don't think at this point things stabilising and getting back on ground is that surprising... Especially given the fact we've got 2 years before we're actually going to be gone... It did make me laugh when someone would say last night that we're screwed after the pound against the euro suddenly dropped... Plenty of time for things to settle, and in a few days, people will be going around as if not a lot has happened I reckon!
    Same here, I think some of the massive fall was due to perhaps being too confident of a remain victory, so really it's a fall from highs due to thinking we would remain and due to us voting Brexit. I think that the markets are starting to realise that, with cool heads, this won't negatively impact Britain and that we could thrive outside the EU.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Corbyn confirmed to be facing a no-confidence motion on Monday after Margaret Hodge and Ann Coffey submitted a letter to the chairman of the PLP.
    https://next.ft.com/content/a035f3d2...0-b48ed7b6126f
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Same here, I think some of the massive fall was due to perhaps being too confident of a remain victory, so really it's a fall from highs due to thinking we would remain and due to us voting Brexit. I think that the markets are starting to realise that, with cool heads, this won't negatively impact Britain and that we could thrive outside the EU.
    Exactly. And it's no longer a problem of thinking, are we leaving or are we not. The decision is now made. (Unless the government decide to be pricks...). There's really no point looking back on what would've happened if we'd voted remain, and so as you say, I think people are starting to accept it*, and plan for the future, outside of the EU, where I am confident we'll do great.

*Well, apart from the young people who voted to remain, and are going round calling the Brexiters racist, demanding a second referendum, and blaming the elderly...! :rofl:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Corbyn confirmed to be facing a no-confidence motion on Monday after Margaret Hodge and Ann Coffey submitted a letter to the chairman of the PLP.
    https://next.ft.com/content/a035f3d2...0-b48ed7b6126f
    I kind of hope he wins the MoNC, partly because having him as Leader is funny, and also because he wasn't the one who had a majority of people vote for him in the GE, and so there's not really much reason a majority should've voted following his view... (Although I reckon he's a closet Brexiter!)
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Exactly. And it's no longer a problem of thinking, are we leaving or are we not. The decision is now made. (Unless the government decide to be pricks...). There's really no point looking back on what would've happened if we'd voted remain, and so as you say, I think people are starting to accept it*, and plan for the future, outside of the EU, where I am confident we'll do great.

*Well, apart from the young people who voted to remain, and are going round calling the Brexiters racist, demanding a second referendum, and blaming the elderly...! :rofl:
    I think that Andrea Leadsom has got it right when she said that we need to take stock and plan carefully - I don't see her as PM, but she is very reassuring and has experience in the financial sector.

And also the 16 and 17 year olds moaning yesterday that they couldn't vote. There are a lot of sore losers today on the remain side and yes we in leave have to reach out to them, but they also need to accept the result like adults.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    I think that Andrea Leadsom has got it right when she said that we need to take stock and plan carefully - I don't see her as PM, but she is very reassuring and has experience in the financial sector.

And also the 16 and 17 year olds moaning yesterday that they couldn't vote. There are a lot of sore losers today on the remain side and yes we in leave have to reach out to them, but they also need to accept the result like adults.
    Yep, definitely agree on all accounts! I'll take Aph's argument and say that I don't think 16 and 17 year olds are actually intelligent enough to know what's best for the country xD But yes, they are being like small children who didn't get chocolate cake for pudding... My facebook has just been full of messages telling us leavers how we've ****ed the country... They're the ones who're gonna **** it up if they don't get on board with what the majority have decided, and make the future brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)

TheDefiniteArticle I've recently got into these guys, really enjoy them. Doubt you'll like them much (at all) but I think you'll find them interesting at least.
    Yeah, I'm a fan.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.