This discussion is closed.
Origin of the pancake
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
No. But I am leaning towards that idea.
If i were you, i would take the time off. :dontknow: Im probably not the best person to give advice :redface:
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Origin of the pancake)
If i were you, i would take the time off. :dontknow: Im probably not the best person to give advice :redface:
Not at all, I am listening to everyone. I am going to draw up a list of pros and cons today and may discuss them with someone impartial.

How are you today?
Origin of the pancake
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Not at all, I am listening to everyone. I am going to draw up a list of pros and cons today and may discuss them with someone impartial.

How are you today?
That sounds a good idea

Im ok, just feeling a little ill. How are you?
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)

I swear they just started an anti-prejudice campaign against employers who penalise or exclude those with mental health problems. One step forward, ten steps back, in my opinion. **** society.

Just look at Stephen Fry!!!!!!
tbh if you're (I mean you plural, not you personally) stupid enough to put down your mental health problems on a job application then it's you're own fault. You can't expect people to be ok with it because it seems like a liability to employers. In fact I think it is a liability; I wouldn't want to hire someone with any mental health problems- it's a fact a lot of working days are lost to things like depression and anxiety and I wouldn't be willing to take on that responsibility if I could get around it without it looking like I'd been discriminatory.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
This is another reason why I need to go home. :hugs: Thank you.
to be honest that's the best reason to leave, you'll never get back time with your mum so if you feel you need to be with her then you should do it. That's a genuine and kind of proactive reason to take time off, if you know what I mean. As opposed to leaving just because you don't like it there and you think things might magically get better if you left.
Origin of the pancake
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
to be honest that's the best reason to leave, you'll never get back time with your mum so if you feel you need to be with her then you should do it. That's a genuine and kind of proactive reason to take time off, if you know what I mean. As opposed to leaving just because you don't like it there and you think things might magically get better if you left.
I agree with this ^^. If you do nothing else on your time off but spend time with your mum, it really is invaluable. I wish i could turn back time and do it :yep:
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
I think you're both right.
Cthulhufiend
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow, my housemates just told me they're not sure they want to live with me next year because they don't want to have to worry about me, they don't get why I can't just snap out of it, and if I really can't snap out of it why don't I act depressed and drop out of uni or something? I'm not sure whether an appropriate reaction would be 'fair enough' or '**** off'. At least I function well enough to do my own ******* washing up.
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Had to ask my Nan for a loan of £750 today to pay off my overdraft. I went to enrol at college which cost me £400 plus I was already in my overdraft from going to Germany and stuff. Really need a job. Saw a part time sales assistant job advertised today so will send my CV in.

Rang Gav this morning as it's our 1 year anniversary of having met today but he was busy. He said he'd text me when he was free so I can call him back but he hasn't text so I sent him a reminder text but he's not replied. Oh well. It's his day off today so no doubt he's skiing or at the beach or something.

I have an eye infection. It really hurts.

I hate coming home. It's horrible here. It makes me paranoid and anxious. I felt like everyone was looking at me today and I felt awkward.

Oh, and Gav's best friend is trying it on with me again. I've told him no for the past 10 months but he still tries. Thing is, I'm worried that in my current state of mind, if he does pay me the attention and continues with the sweet talk, I'll fall for it and do something I really don't want to do and I'll regret it immensely.
blackfish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
I hate coming home. It's horrible here. It makes me paranoid and anxious. I felt like everyone was looking at me today and I felt awkward.
I hate that feeling! :hugs:

My sister is being very hormonal at the moment and every time I go home there is always some form of arguement. I get fed up of going home. I like seeing my parents when I get on with them. But I don't see why I should pay £20 to see my family when all I get is a 12 year old sister shouting, screaming and attacking me.

I have an eye infection. It really hurts.
I had one of those whilst I had a college interview and a job interview. It was really bad because I couldn't read the paperwork infront of me. I felt so pathetic. It was bad at school as well because the teachers would always have a go at me for not looking in the correct place.

Obviously nobody knows what it's like to only be able to use half an eye with blurred vision... :rolleyes: :mad:

Laus - I would take some time off and go and do something a bit different, like go somewhere in the UK like walking on the Cornish Cliffs or a coach holiday or something...

How are you all this evening?
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Massively anxious tonight. Stuck in my room again.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
Massively anxious tonight. Stuck in my room again.
:hugs:

What's the trouble?
Origin of the pancake
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
After a good day i feel rubbish now, i dont even know why. I just have a really deep down nervous/worried feeling but also want to cry in a ball :sad:
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
:hugs:

What's the trouble?
many things. among them, the fact that i still don't know where i'll be living for the easter break. not even knowing what continent you'll be living on in two months time really ***** you up.

i've also made the humongous mistake of allowing myself to fall in love again.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
why isnt trampolining easier?
Dinendal Leralonde
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Gotta go back to my GP tomorrow (Wednesday) so she can see how I'm doing and give me another prescription. Only problem is, my appointment's at 2, and just recently, I've had trouble waking up before 5...
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:bawling: feel so down today. Going to the doctors tomorrow and have a list of 7 things to say. So so so so scared. Got my job seekers allowance interview thing on Friday and I'm really scared about that aswell as they want all my bank statements and they'll see that my Nan has given me some money and stuff

Eye still hurts. Upset over Gav as he's not replied and I've seen other girls talking to him on facebook and I've got jealous even though I want to move on. I just want to get my new car, start my college course, get a job and sort out my health problems. Why can't it be easy?
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
Eye still hurts. Upset over Gav as he's not replied and I've seen other girls talking to him on facebook and I've got jealous even though I want to move on.
ha, i'm exactly like that right now. goddammit i need to get that girl out of my bloody head. feel so insanely anxious. it's awful
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://photos-d.ll.facebook.com/phot...54019_8649.jpg chaplain's cats this afternoon
Origin of the pancake
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I keep flipping between grumpiness and complete sadness. But also a bit angry too. I dont even really know why, everything that is triggering it is just the really tiny pathetic stuff and im losing it :sad: I think i might be trying to escape from the really bad stuff so am not thinking about it
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (561)
37.68%
No - but I will (116)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (106)
7.12%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (706)
47.41%

Watched Threads