Official LSE Applicants+Decisions 2009 Watch

This discussion is closed.
pocahontas5
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by thewait)
Ah sorry to hear that oh well at least its out of the way now, we were to good for them anyways :tongue: good luck on your other choices.

yea, i got use to the thought I'd be rejected :tongue: Good luck to you all of you! I guess the best ones are in the game now
kitsune
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by pik)
i just got rejected from LSE . ): ouch.
sorry to hear! so it's going to be UCL or Warwick?

Rejected for Accounting and Finance was expecting it so not really bothered (okay slightly disappointed but i can live with that :cool:). Good luck to all you guys and hope you get your offers.
Oh NO!!! So where are you off to then?
Champions
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by DuggieNumber20)
How many applications per year does LSE receive? 12 thousand? How many departments are there in LSE? Let's say 12, which means that every department gets 1000 applications. So out of 1000 applicants per department you've only got a few active members on this thread? I'd say there are only 20 active members on this thread - no more. And where are the rest 980?
So, you see, you will never get the true picture of offers being made or rejections being conveyed, because you don't have at least a representative sample of those who applied.
Out of those 980, five hundred might have already been rejected, and you'd never know, because they don't even know that such a forum exists!
19000+ mate
DuggieNumber20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Champions)
19000+ mate
Don't 'mate' me, fella Well, not just yet. We can mate later
First you take me out for lunch. You wine and dine me and only then we mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlMA7...eature=related
pik
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kitsune)
sorry to hear! so it's going to be UCL or Warwick?

it's going to be Warwick i guess. (: sucks though, i wanted LSE really really badly.
DuggieNumber20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Champions)
19000+ mate
Besides, I think this number is greatly exaggerated to make the LSE look more attractive.:yep: 19 000? utterly unbelievable!
ExRx123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by pik)
it's going to be Warwick i guess. (: sucks though, i wanted LSE really really badly.
Sorry to hear that

Out of curiosity, why Warwick over UCL?
amar09
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by DuggieNumber20)
Besides, I think this number is greatly exaggerated to make the LSE look more attractive.:yep: 19 000? utterly unbelievable!
The number, not really exaggerated. Your story though, GREATLY exaggerated
VanillaLatte
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
sorry for everyone getting rejections today ... really sucks.
i really expected to get one today actually nd was u´quite suprised not havin received an email ...
nd then when people said they didnt get email and just looked at ucas ...
was never so scared when i logged in to track, but still no news for me sooo everything's still possible (another week of speculation and fear ...^^)
thewait
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Oh NO!!! So where are you off to then?
CASS really like the course there so don't mind the rejection much.
kitsune
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
CASS really like the course there so don't mind the rejection much.
Good good! A&F or Actuarial Sciences?
albiesworld
Report 9 years ago
Commiserations to all who got the bad news today.

I can't believe that I made it through today, even with the non-updating ucas trick. I know that speculating is making everyone sick but when would the next round be? Next Friday?
kitsune
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by El Mariachi)
Sorry to hear that

Out of curiosity, why Warwick over UCL?
Because Warwick is REALLY GOOD for Economics and he got an offer for pure econ while at UCL it is a combined course? Don't know... I would pick UCL over Warwick but for straigh econ...
thewait
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Good good! A&F or Actuarial Sciences?
CASS don't do A&F (thats properly why i got rejected seeing as there was hardly anything about accounting in my PS) but i got accepted for Investment and Financial Risk Management there.
Oh and congrats on your offer .
kitsune
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
CASS don't do A&F (thats properly why i got rejected seeing as there was hardly anything about accounting in my PS) but i got accepted for Investment and Financial Risk Management there.
Oh and congrats on your offer .
Sounds nice!!! I've got a friend who graduated in Management at Warwick last year and now she's doing a master at IE of that very same course! She's really happy but she's working soooo hard! :P

Thank you!!! again...
ninety_nine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by amar09)
OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just checked track to see if i got LSE rejection and i got a warwick offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!::
Well done mate, I know you've been waiting long enough!!
Economic Historian 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My last post on this thread. Congrats to all of you with an offer, and best of luck to those still waiting.
Been nice sharing this experience with you all, even given the eventual outcome.
illy123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Congratulations on the offer amar; I'm still here from the beginning - no offers :/
ExRx123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by illy123)
Congratulations on the offer amar; I'm still here from the beginning - no offers :/
What happened to your Open Day offer :eek: ?
Roundabout
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by El Mariachi)
What happened to your Open Day offer :eek: ?
At the open day, he vomited all over the admissions tutor and burnt Jeremy Bentham's corpse. :ninja:

Just kidding. I'm sure it's just a mistake, they probably pressed the wrong button or forgot to tick his name at the open day or something equivalent. I would be really surprised if it was anything but a misunderstanding.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.12%
Leave (427)
20.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise