Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zubby77)
    Nice! I'm on 130.02, with everyone having played

Reggie Bush and Demaryius Thomas doing it!
    I managed to get Peyton Manning 3rd round in my draft (don't even ask how) and that looks like it might be a steal the way he started the season!

ReputationRep:
    Why did the Raiders go into the game against the Broncos at Mile high with only 4 active cornerbacks?!? Seriously whats up with that, you're playing at Mile High players gonna tire quicker as well as having a Webb only just come back from a serious injury? That was such a dumb move. They were badly gassed and not surprised. That Welker drop that they ruled a catch was unbelievable though :rofl:

Wonder why Bill Belichick doesn't like playing Shane Vereen, every time he touches the ball he looks electric. Bench Ridley and put him in confinement. Make him sleep with the football, be at one with the football so he stops freaking fumbling its embarrassing because his fumble completely swung the game in the Bills favour. Don't like having Edelman at punt return we need him healthy on the offense not special teams...

ReputationRep:
    http://profootballmock.com/facebookc...nd-theyre-off/

Week 1 of QB's on Facebook :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Why did the Raiders go into the game against the Broncos at Mile high with only 4 active cornerbacks?!? Seriously whats up with that, you're playing at Mile High players gonna tire quicker as well as having a Webb only just come back from a serious injury? That was such a dumb move. They were badly gassed and not surprised. That Welker drop that they ruled a catch was unbelievable though :rofl:

Wonder why Bill Belichick doesn't like playing Shane Vereen, every time he touches the ball he looks electric. Bench Ridley and put him in confinement. Make him sleep with the football, be at one with the football so he stops freaking fumbling its embarrassing because his fumble completely swung the game in the Bills favour. Don't like having Edelman at punt return we need him healthy on the offense not special teams...
    Damn it man, when Ridley fumbled and Vereen started to o well I thought I'd be raking in the points with another first choice RB. Now he's fricking injured :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zubby77)
    Damn it man, when Ridley fumbled and Vereen started to o well I thought I'd be raking in the points with another first choice RB. Now he's fricking injured :sad:
    I know man this sucks. Better hope Amendola and Edelman are okay and Thompkins and Dobson are good to go... :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Never thought i'd say this but I really miss the BBC's coverage of NFL, least their half-time coverage didn't involve a lot of ad breaks and still shots of the pitch :unimpressed: Washington/Eagles game was good though, Eagles defence was rather wonderful in the first half (though they didn't cover great later) but Washington seems to have an awful lot of issues this year. They did slightly better at the end but the first half was awful

http://profootballmock.com/facebookc...nd-theyre-off/

Week 1 of QB's on Facebook :rofl:
    If I ever see Brady's one-and-oh face, you have permission to end my disturbed existence e.o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    Never thought i'd say this but I really miss the BBC's coverage of NFL, least their half-time coverage didn't involve a lot of ad breaks and still shots of the pitch :unimpressed: Washington/Eagles game was good though, Eagles defence was rather wonderful in the first half (though they didn't cover great later) but Washington seems to have an awful lot of issues this year. They did slightly better at the end but the first half was awful

If I ever see Brady's one-and-oh face, you have permission to end my disturbed existence e.o

RG3 didn't look right. Hes not planting on his foot properly, will be something to do with lack of confidence and strength in that knee which is worrying. Eagles offence was insane first half but then it sort of tapered off must have got tired fast.

I loved Roethlisberger in that convo :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Suck it, Chargers.

ReputationRep:
    RG3 didn't look right. Hes not planting on his foot properly, will be something to do with lack of confidence and strength in that knee which is worrying. Eagles offence was insane first half but then it sort of tapered off must have got tired fast.

I loved Roethlisberger in that convo :lol:
    Vick didn't look entirely right either by the end and the O-line doesn't cracking a bit but it was certainly an improvement on last year Main issue with RGIII just seemed to be some bad decision making but it was good to see him comfortable enough to start running near the end.

No idea why but I like Drew Brees best in FB chat, maybe it's just because his pic makes him look like Fassbender but he's half way between a Manning and Wilson, subtle witty trolling at it's finest without ever resorting to Rodgers level of raging bile :mmm: I've thought about this too much...

ReputationRep:
    Dreadful week. Tampa lose, ruined in 2 fantasy leagues. Just grim.

ReputationRep:
    Danny Amendola almost certain to miss the game against Jets on Thursday....

ReputationRep:
    Danny Amendola almost certain to miss the game against Jets on Thursday....

I normally don't doubt Belichick and Brady, but if we're relying on Thompkins to catch passes, I'm a little bit nervous. Even against the Jets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shunter7634)
    I normally don't doubt Belichick and Brady, but if we're relying on Thompkins to catch passes, I'm a little bit nervous. Even against the Jets.
    Edelman to have 12 catches and 140 yards? :moon:

Hopefully Dobson is back. Not sure if Sudfeld will play since he was dealing with a hamstring problem. Dobson, Edelman, Thompkins, Boyce.

Need Hooman to step up as well he was pretty awful. Hoping Ridley has a big bounce back game and maybe Leon Washington can try do what Woodhead use to do for us. Thompkins got open a few times but his hands and route running let him down.

ReputationRep:
    Gotta say I loved the Ealges Offense in the first half. Those play cards they held up as well :rofl:

Love innovative stuff so excited to see if Chip can keep it going. NFC East looks like all the games between one another are going to be shootouts. None of the defences there look particularly good

ReputationRep:
    Dude I just saw that and jesus how does he do it?!?

Game over now I think. Too many turnovers. I thought we had too many but then I saw how many the Giants had and :eek:
    I don't know! I really have never seen better timing than that in any sport! I don't even wanna talk about the giants

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bornab3)
    I don't know! I really have never seen better timing than that in any sport! I don't even wanna talk about the giants

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know its old news, but I just keep watching this...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewSS9h3pEAU

Not the first time against the Titans either!

ReputationRep:
    Came home to find out my dad has got me and him tickets to watch 49ers and Jaguars at Wembley. ****ing result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweatyGoldfish)
    Came home to find out my dad has got me and him tickets to watch 49ers and Jaguars at Wembley. ****ing result.
    The Jags? I'm so sorry

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.