Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Look at our W/D/L stats with and without Djorou... shocking

ReputationRep:
    "Arsenal have conceded a goal every 251 minutes of Premier League football with Johan Djourou in the side this season. Without him, they have conceded a goal every 54 minutes."

ReputationRep:
    That's damning against the team but a credit to him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    "Arsenal have conceded a goal every 251 minutes of Premier League football with Johan Djourou in the side this season. Without him, they have conceded a goal every 54 minutes."
    West brom players/manager shouldn't see this. Glad the international break will be coming.

ReputationRep:
    I looked at the last few but didn't see yours.

Don't kill me.
    S'okay :whip:

That is frightening. :mute:

Can you whip out the W/D/L stats please? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    It's weird, I generally always overlook him but he really is a vital asset to the team, so useful

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's so much that he's a 'vital asset', though he has always been grossly under-rated as a player.

I think it says more about just how useless Squillaci is in comparison.

ReputationRep:
    Djourou :woo:

When is Walcott back?

ReputationRep:
    Djourou is ok but I still don't feel comfortable when he's at the back. He makes some odd decisions sometimes and isn't the rock that we need.

As much as I respect what Wenger has been trying to do, I think that with 3 quality signings; a centre back to go with Vermaelen, a decent keeper and a really solid defensive midfielder (ala Vieria), I think we'd be set.

A bit of experience and a voice to spur on the players is what we need I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chriscross17)
    Djourou is ok but I still don't feel comfortable when he's at the back. He makes some odd decisions sometimes and isn't the rock that we need.

As much as I respect what Wenger has been trying to do, I think that with 3 quality signings; a centre back to go with Vermaelen, a decent keeper and a really solid defensive midfielder (ala Vieria), I think we'd be set.

A bit of experience and a voice to spur on the players is what we need I think
    We certainly need a decent backup defensive midfielder, but Alex Song is one of the best players at the club.

We don't need another keeper, it would stunt Szczesny's development.

What we do need is a better centre-back than Squillaci, a better DM than Denilson/Diaby and a better striker than Bendtner.

ReputationRep:
    better centre-back than Squillaci, a better DM than Denilson/Diaby and a better striker than Bendtner.
    Agree-Agree-Agree

Lehman. :banana:

Djourou. :banana::banana:

ReputationRep:
      Was Lehman really a divisive character/influence in the Arsenal dressing room or is that just what the media would have us believe?

I understand Lehman and Almunia weren't exactly best of friends...

Bringing in someone like David James would be a bit of a steal, as an emergency signing, although I'm sure his current club wouldn't be too happy about that and would object etc.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by T.Adams VI)
      Ashley Cole and Wilshere isn't too bad. Then you've got Pennant and Bentley who were at Liverpool and Tottenham respectively.
      LOL!

Had to rep that

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
      Was Lehman really a divisive character/influence in the Arsenal dressing room or is that just what the media would have us believe?

I understand Lehman and Almunia weren't exactly best of friends...

Bringing in someone like David James would be a bit of a steal, as an emergency signing, although I'm sure his current club wouldn't be too happy about that and would object etc.
      David James has been pretty poor (in general) for Bristol City this season.

I think it was more Gallas than anyone who was a divisive influence, though it wouldn't surprise me if Lehmann hadn't got on with his understudy.

ReputationRep:
      Just seen one of the papers reporting that Blackburn are going to make a £15million bid for Bendtner in the summer :rofl3:

Where do they pull this **** from ffs :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
      According to the Daily Mail, Blackburn nugget-peddlers Venky's are looking to add to the club's battery of strikers by signing Arsenal goal-turkey Nicklas Bendtner in the summer. Bendtner, who has had a curate's egg of a season, will cost £15m. Kaká is apparently also still on the menu.
      :toofunny:

A question that's been asked before, but still an interesting one: does Wenger misuse the captain's armband? Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
        Harsh on Becks, I thought he was a great captain and there on merit :beard:

Also harsh on Wenger, who else was going to take the captaincy from Gallas?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Abiraleft)
        A question that's been asked before, but still an interesting one: does Wenger misuse the captain's armband? Thoughts?
        No.

Henry was the sensible choice when Paddy left.

Gallas was a logical choice when Henry left, given the fact that pretty much all the best captains in history have been CBs. (Sammer, Adams, Baresi etc). Toure isn't a leader, people seem to confuse being physical with being a leader.

Cesc is the best choice right now, and right now I don't think any other player in our team who could do better job, not even Vermaelen.

People seem to have an image in their head, that a captain is some kind of commanding warrior fighting the battles for everyone, which is rubbish. Cesc has taken a more subtle approach to captaincy, and instead has decided to lead by example. There is no doubt he is the most influential player in our side, even from a non-footballing point of view.

Don't get me wrong, Cesc hasn't been a great captain, as several key matches have shown, but there is no doubt in my mind that he is the best we have now.

I'd like to see Vermaelen as vice-captain from next season onwards.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.