Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    I've never felt like this, but there are some applicants in the main medical forum I just want to hit in the face.

Have you seen that thread about how intense the medical degree is? I hope to God most of these are trolls.

EDIT: I just noticed some of them have managed to leak into this forum. FUUUUUUUU
    I agree. Serious douchebaggery going on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phryx)
    Penderyn whiskey?
    Yep, that's the one. Quite light but very enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone - back on TSR for the first time since August and for the first time as a medical student!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talexe)
    Hi everyone - back on TSR for the first time since August and for the first time as a medical student!
    :hi:

how is gimpy treating you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talexe)
    Hey Tom, how you finding it?

First year was crazy good fun - enjoy it - it's all downhill after that :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Hey Tom, how you finding it?

First year was crazy good fun - enjoy it - it's all downhill after that :p:
    This. Though I enjoyed 3rd year the most.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Just opened a textbook. That counts as a weekend's worth of work, right?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, multi-quote doesn't seem to be working for me. If you press the buttons is it meant to just appear in the quick reply box?

Anyway, I'm really enjoying everything so far! The social side, the course... the lectures aren't as interesting as can be because it's just the basic science at the moment, but next term we're getting a lot more into the meat of it. We'll see how I'm feeling in a few months/years, but I'm optimistic at the moment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Just opened a textbook. That counts as a weekend's worth of work, right?
    Sounds legit.

ReputationRep:
    Three hours in the library, 2 pages worth of hand written notes. A good productive day i would say :rolleyes:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Just had fun making a melanoma/not melanoma presentation with lots of gruesome pictures

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    Just had fun making a melanoma/not melanoma presentation with lots of gruesome pictures
    That's good, because I've got this th... well, I'll just send you the photos.

ReputationRep:
    I had a bit of a drunken thought last night. Do you reckon drinking a pint/litre of home made ORT before you go to bed would help alleviate a hang over?

/Ponder.

ReputationRep:
    Does such a website exist where you can type in a person's list of symptoms and it gives you a differential diagnosis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Does such a website exist where you can type in a person's list of symptoms and it gives you a differential diagnosis?
    WebMD? Not great tho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    I had a bit of a drunken thought last night. Do you reckon drinking a pint/litre of home made ORT before you go to bed would help alleviate a hang over?

/Ponder.
    I wondered this too! ORT tastes minging but I guess when you're drunk you won't even care about the taste.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    What do you do on call? Ours seem so boring, unfortunately!
    Just shadow whatever doctor I happen to go with, maybe take bloods, cannulate, do ABGs occassionally, and just help out with any paperwork stuff. Luckily the docs I tend to go with are really excellent at giving off the cuff teaching as we go around so I get quite a lot out of it.

ReputationRep:
    Starting paeds tomorrow... grumble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    Starting paeds tomorrow... grumble.
    Looking forward to it myself, but a 4th year subject for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Looking forward to it myself, but a 4th year subject for us.
    I'd probably feel more optimistic if I felt like I'd actually done some medicine. In semester one I'll've done surgery (first rotation, just getting used to things), psychiatry and paediatrics.

We do pretty much everything every year (exception being obs/gynae, which is 4th year). Has its advantages and disadvantages. Not sure which I'd prefer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.