Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    What I mean is the fact that there is a lack of depth means it has to be filled. You cannot go into a season with these numbers no matter what team you are, Im sure it will be filled with quality players

Apparently Arsenal may be signing 27 year old Romanian Striker Ciprian Marica on a free transfer. I can hear the WOB already.

Sauce: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/49...enger-luis.htm
    Looks like another Park Chu Young. What even happened to him?

ReputationRep:
    All the GK rumours have died down and it seems Julio Cesar is going to Fiorentina. I think it's a HUGE risk playing the season with Szczesny and Fabianski - neither are good enough and prone to mistakes. Wenger should remember just how many times he altered from one to another last season. Yes we may buy a couple players before the deadline but there's no doubt we're gonna be short in a few areas as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    So this is the £70m summer. It's no good saying wait until the month is out because there'll be little done - Wenger has already said that nothing will happen before the CL qualifiers. What a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kind of agree, all the people saying 'wait until the month is over' are the same people who will be complaining that Wenger, once again has left it too late - highlighting Arsenal's general incompetence in the transfer market. Leaving us with mediocre transfers and a familiar feeling of unease as we enter the new season. Will we have our worst start in our history for the 3rd time running? Perhaps I'm being hyperbolic... :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    Kind of agree, all the people saying 'wait until the month is over' are the same people who will be complaining that Wenger, once again has left it too late - highlighting Arsenal's general incompetence in the transfer market. Leaving us with mediocre transfers and a familiar feeling of unease as we enter the new season. Will we have our worst start in our history for the 3rd time running? Perhaps I'm being hyperbolic... :erm:
    Not in any way is it too much to say we'll have another bad and slow start. We have Tottenham on the 1st September and, honestly, I don't see us beating them. Our team is so short of quality - except for Wilshere and Cazorla our attackers are so mediocre. Today we accept them but a few years back players like Giroud wouldn't have dare come near our first team.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thing I'm most worried about now is squad depth. Miquel and Yennaris have just gone on loan. Forget making a big marquee signing we are now just a few injuries away from being ****ed! Come on Arsenal pull your finger out!

ReputationRep:
    Not worried about the dept in squad tbh except at centre half as all the players we've sold/ released aren't first teamers. A marquee striker is a must.

ReputationRep:
    Bernard has posted pictures on his Instagram of himself in London. Make of that what you will.

Can't post the photo right now as I'm at work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    Bernard has posted pictures on his Instagram of himself in London. Make of that what you will.

probably just stopping over on his way back from ukraine (he was there visiting shaktar to "view the facilities" since they're the only ones who have had a bid accepted.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)

http://instagram.com/p/cq2ZbZvUCO/

Here you go. Well found. Wonder if that means anything or not...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Looks like another Park Chu Young. What even happened to him?
    Yeah, what the hell happened to Park Chu Young? Does he even train with the first team:lolwut:? I'm also starting to get worried about our squad depth....:cry2: Please AW get moving! Like someone said above, we're one injury away from being ****ed!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember how this thread was turned on its head when there were images snapped of a tall European lad having coffee with one of our directors. Rumor mill exploded with talks of Sven Bender, turned out it was some 17 yr old Macedonian GK. any guy

ReputationRep:
    Haha, the £70m summer makes me laugh. And feel a little sad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    Does anyone remember how this thread was turned on its head when there were images snapped of a tall European lad having coffee with one of our directors. Rumor mill exploded with talks of Sven Bender, turned out it was some 17 yr old Macedonian GK. any guy
    Yeah, I did have a chuckle about it. I learnt to not take people adamant on a transfer happening too seriously until it's obvious(e.g. formal bids, high chances of it occuring)

ReputationRep:
    Suarez injured ? Or" ""injured """http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23592181

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t()m)
    Suarez injured ? Or" ""injured """http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23592181
    Yeah, interesting to know. You'd imagine he must actually just be physically injured...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    All the GK rumours have died down and it seems Julio Cesar is going to Fiorentina. I think it's a HUGE risk playing the season with Szczesny and Fabianski - neither are good enough and prone to mistakes. Wenger should remember just how many times he altered from one to another last season. Yes we may buy a couple players before the deadline but there's no doubt we're gonna be short in a few areas as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So Cesar's best offer is from a Europa League club after spending a year at QPR. What does that tell you? Good shot stopper on his day, average all round keeper. Forget about the fact he's Brazilian, forget about the fact he won the CL 3 years ago and focus on whether he's actually a good GK these days.

Szczesny is absolutely fine imo, he was scapegoated for Vermaelen last season unfairly and ended up with a very respectable goals conceded record and kept us in the CL with brilliant saves at QPR/Newcastle and elsewhere. Not to mention his performance vs Sunderland with 10 men when he was 10/10.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by 419)
    You have to be naive to think that the emirates cup will have any effect on Wenger.
    Haha! True... Still hopeful though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    probably just stopping over on his way back from ukraine (he was there visiting shaktar to "view the facilities" since they're the only ones who have had a bid accepted.)
    This is a bit off-topic, but is that Thief's Theme by Nas in your signature? That video is amazing :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully the Suarez deal takes place, though I wouldn't want to raise any hopes. I'd say it's 50/50 that he joins by end of transfer window. What if we threw in a 35M bid for Cesc - he's clearly worth that. Maybe it would tempt Barca to cash in.
    I'm 100% Wenger will significantly strengthen the squad, we just need to be patient. He wouldn't just let all these players leave without replacing them. i.e. arshavin, gervinho, chamakh .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H903)
    This is a bit off-topic, but is that Thief's Theme by Nas in your signature?
    yes

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.