Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Isometrix just rekt man. Stress.

Just had a phone interview for a recruitment role. Just didn't know what to say, it was so ****ing sudden. Literally 5mins after sending the application I got a phone call. Wtf no preparation whatsoever... Guess that's recruitment for you. I'm 100% sure I'm not getting that job. Was so nervous. Minor though onto the next one. Should be better next time round.

They said by Friday I should know so oh well.
    Recruitment lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Recruitment lol.
    Why lol. Genuinely interested as to the problems there?

ReputationRep:
    Not really here to take shots cos I'm happy, but isometrix flirted on Mangela/Miel Purple's wall and via PM and then tries to take shots at others? Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Because of the culture and especially because the people in uni these days are of the era that was brought up in solitude and computerized/mobile communication... people are socially inept. I am 23 so I am a little bit older, but generally people growing up these days stay in their rooms with their ipads/computer games and don't even talk to their familes. So how can we expect them to talk to relatively unknown people in a comfortable human manner? They can buy some nice clothes and look cool sure and have some conversational skills of course, but they generally lack warmth and humanity.
    But warmth and humanity is not what I'm getting at, what I mean is that do other people not find the need for some kind of intellectual discussion, or do they just get that to a satisfactory standard in their daily lives

ReputationRep:
    Why lol. Genuinely interested as to the problems there?
    They're all ****ing cowboys.

ReputationRep:
    They're all ****ing cowboys.
    Explain cowboys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by New Slavess)
    Do we feel that this kind of, almost, apathy for friendship is something that's brought us all together onto TSR and threads like this? Most of us have been using TSR for years and it's probably felt a routine thing to all of us at some point - and kinda makes it incomprehensible to me that other people don't have a platform like this? Where do non-users go to discuss fairly (by pub standards at least) in depth football tactics, or to air their views on politics and conspiracy theories and relationships etc? Like I have a lot of friends that I can talk about anything with, but rarely in the more considered / formalised medium of TSR. People seem too immature to usually discuss a lot of the more 'grown up' topics that come up on this thread and throughout the site. Do non TSR users not feel the need to share their opinions like this? Or do they have friends who they talk to in a grown up manner about this kind of stuff, and we're just here because we don't have friends like that?
    I think this place would be better off non-moderated, or at least loosely so no illegal or disturbing **** can be posted. Seems to me it's a cesspool, it's almost an escape from life's ****. So sure we may not know each other personally, or at all really, but in some strange ****** way, we're all linked by a common denominator- life. We allow ourselves to detach from emotional bias and problems within our worlds and just, well, post freely and without consequence, something which means we can express ourselves really, our true views and opinions in a manner that we've never done before, certainly not to our friends and family. In a way guys, we know each other better than anyone else does.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Y'all need Jesus

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Just had a phone interview for a recruitment role. Just didn't know what to say, it was so ****ing sudden. Literally 5mins after sending the application I got a phone call. Wtf no preparation whatsoever... Guess that's recruitment for you. I'm 100% sure I'm not getting that job. Was so nervous. Minor though onto the next one. Should be better next time round.

Damn, caught slippin. I've literally never heard of companies calling 5 mins after though lol :lol: That's rough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Y'all need Yeezus

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fixed.

ReputationRep:
    I got **** going on, fun to manipulate her and vent my anger like that. **** of me but it's like a game and I've got some mad combo multiplier streak

Idk if it actually is worth making - people like that are rare man, people who you can ring at 3am and they'll bike across half of London to come help you. And given how life contrives to split people up because of geography, work, study etc, it makes them really rare. In my case I haven't ****ed up in a single event etc and lost them, I've just drifted and idk why. Probs gonna have to repent and indirectly ask for forgiveness and get that trust / level of friendship back.
    You'd think with all this nude selfie leak **** she'd think twice. Still though.

Yeah you may be right they're very rare. Though I've know two people like that, messed up with the first but it makes me appreciate the second more so we're tight even though we don't see each other often enough due to work etc.
    Most my friends are whack though tbh- decent people to hang with time to time but nothing special, makes me want more friends in that mold who you can spend a lot of time with and doing jokes/crazy ****.
    It's odd though. I've never had trouble with women, just acquiring close male friends.

Also will agree that some clinginess is nice in girls, however quite easily over done.

Do we feel that this kind of, almost, apathy for friendship is something that's brought us all together onto TSR and threads like this? Most of us have been using TSR for years and it's probably felt a routine thing to all of us at some point - and kinda makes it incomprehensible to me that other people don't have a platform like this? Where do non-users go to discuss fairly (by pub standards at least) in depth football tactics, or to air their views on politics and conspiracy theories and relationships etc? Like I have a lot of friends that I can talk about anything with, but rarely in the more considered / formalised medium of TSR. People seem too immature to usually discuss a lot of the more 'grown up' topics that come up on this thread and throughout the site. Do non TSR users not feel the need to share their opinions like this? Or do they have friends who they talk to in a grown up manner about this kind of stuff, and we're just here because we don't have friends like that?
    I have friends quite a few friends "like that" who I can discuss 'grown up' topics with as you say which is why I mostly avoid the mediocrity and junk hole that is the rest of this site tbh. You'll see a few decent posts in threads on here but it's mostly quite poor.
    Football on the other hand is quite different, I'm the only person within my friendship circles to care for football enough to want to talk about it. Thus I tend to still come to TSR to hear other peoples opinions, discuss tactics and the odd bit of trolling/banter. I don't have to tell you that I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to football but that's partly because pre-TSR I never actually had conversations about it and would mostly watch the games and read newspapers. I guess you could say the want to discuss football has brought us together slightly- at least it feels a little like that with me (enough so that i would be willing to meet most people on the Football Forum).

That's not to say that I don't enjoy talking to the people on here about things other than football, I do enjoy it as you can tell from the conversation we have outside the medium of TSR. Generally speaking though you guys are the only reason I stay on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Feel sorry for some of you lads, I have a good number of solid friends I've had for years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have 7 really close friends with 5 of them ive known since childhood. At times it feels like we're all brothers. Apart from those 7 and family, i treat everyone else as acquaintances.

I guess its better to have a small group of friends that you know very well than a huge group of friends that you slightly know tbh.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    A few years back now. I think her third album tour.

Appreciate the regular appearances in your signature. I hope it's for the right reasons.

It's always hard to keep in touch with people man. I've found really high quality people are a rare breed, and some friends are just out of convenience. I lived abroad for a year and I miss some great friends I made out there terribly. You meet people through life who you say you'll keep in touch with but it often doesn't happen.

I had a crack at E&Y, fell at the first hurdle (tests). Ridiculous how competitive these grad schemes are. Why can't they just ask everyone to send in a cv and give them an interview! I applied for Audit in B'ham. I thought, nobody will want to be an Auditor or work in B'ham...not the case it seems!

I feel you man. Annoying when it's always you who has to send the first Facebook message. It's really annoying with girls as well, makes it good when you get the occasional message from them saying they want to catch up.
    Unfortunately, that is how grads schemes are. Even in small isolated cities all over the UK, you will have roughly the same ratio off over 100 odd applicants per place. I've previously applied for Audit too mostly in Leicester and even for a small independent accountant offering training there were 500 applicants for a couple of spaces, it is like that in many places unfortunately. Good luck on your degree and getting funding for your masters.

That sound awful, I would have struggled, especially on questions about the firm unless I had the info in front off me tbh. Good luck on your applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    I have 7 really close friends with 5 of them ive known since childhood. At times it feels like we're all brothers. Apart from those 7 and family, i treat everyone else as acquaintances.

I guess its better to have a small group of friends that you know very well than a huge group of friends that you slightly know tbh.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've always thought that you can't really juggle more than 2-3 really close friends. The type of people you tell more or less everything and see as often as you can y'know?

I can easily spend 6+ hours everyday with close friends without getting sick of them, the ones who aren't close become a little tedious though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    I have friends quite a few friends "like that" who I can discuss 'grown up' topics with as you say which is why I mostly avoid the mediocrity and junk hole that is the rest of this site tbh. You'll see a few decent posts in threads on here but it's mostly quite poor.
    Football on the other hand is quite different, I'm the only person within my friendship circles to care for football enough to want to talk about it. Thus I tend to still come to TSR to hear other peoples opinions, discuss tactics and the odd bit of trolling/banter. I don't have to tell you that I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to football but that's partly because pre-TSR I never actually had conversations about it and would mostly watch the games and read newspapers. I guess you could say the want to discuss football has brought us together slightly- at least it feels a little like that with me (enough so that i would be willing to meet most people on the Football Forum).

That's not to say that I don't enjoy talking to the people on here about things other than football, I do enjoy it as you can tell from the conversation we have outside the medium of TSR. Generally speaking though you guys are the only reason I stay on TSR.
    I have loads of people who will talk about football with me. But a lot of bias and trolling, more so than on TSR. It's also frustrating having to say that Chelsea aren't as strong as people make them out to be and saying that our midfield needed to be sorted out before a striker but oh well. Also like on TSR I say a few controversial opinions(albeit with decent knowledge to back it up) and people think I'm being ridiculous(although we agree eventually)

Yeah majority of this site is a piece of crap. H&R used to be good but think I've either grown out of the trolling or not bothered any more. Tbh hardly anyone on this site is extremely knowledgeable about football. Just know more than the average fan you put in the pub but they're typical sun readers etc. You have a few people who understand football tactics truly but the rest either regurgitate info or get it right 60% of the time at best.

(Original post by samiz20891)
    That sound awful, I would have struggled, especially on questions about the firm unless I had the info in front off me tbh. Good luck on your applications.
    Yeah was pretty stressful. Tbf I should have just said I was busy, tell them to phone back in an hour and then quickly have time to prepare but I just had a brain lapse at that moment.
    Damn, caught slippin. I've literally never heard of companies calling 5 mins after though lol :lol: That's rough.
    5mins is rough man. Don't think they got to the questions about the firm yet.

Well they said they liked my CV(hence why they gave me the phone interview in the first place) so I'm getting somewhere.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LosingDogs)
    I think this place would be better off non-moderated, or at least loosely so no illegal or disturbing **** can be posted. Seems to me it's a cesspool, it's almost an escape from life's ****. So sure we may not know each other personally, or at all really, but in some strange ****** way, we're all linked by a common denominator- life. We allow ourselves to detach from emotional bias and problems within our worlds and just, well, post freely and without consequence, something which means we can express ourselves really, our true views and opinions in a manner that we've never done before, certainly not to our friends and family. In a way guys, we know each other better than anyone else does.
    Can't speak for other mods but i'd say Football is moderated incredibly softly compared to some other places. Just look at Chat, HR or DCA.

It's odd though. I've never had trouble with women, just acquiring close male friends.

Same problem :sad: My 'best friends' have always been girls.

I lived with 6 other guys throughout uni but only one of them gave a **** about football, we often talk about it but it's not like coming on to here or RedCafe where you can get loads of different views, especially from those who support another team. Even something like fantasy football can be discussed in depth on here, whereas in 'real life' it'll never get mentioned. Tbh i'd have left this site years ago if it wasn't for this section.

ReputationRep:
    I have loads of people who will talk about football with me. But a lot of bias and trolling, more so than on TSR. It's also frustrating having to say that Chelsea aren't as strong as people make them out to be and saying that our midfield needed to be sorted out before a striker but oh well. Also like on TSR I say a few controversial opinions(albeit with decent knowledge to back it up) and people think I'm being ridiculous(although we agree eventually)

Yeah majority of this site is a piece of crap. H&R used to be good but think I've either grown out of the trolling or not bothered any more. Tbh hardly anyone on this site is extremely knowledgeable about football. Just know more than the average fan you put in the pub but they're typical sun readers etc. You have a few people who understand football tactics truly but the rest either regurgitate info or get it right 60% of the time at best.

Yeah was pretty stressful. Tbf I should have just said I was busy, tell them to phone back in an hour and then quickly have time to prepare but I just had a brain lapse at that moment.

Still 5mins is rough. Don't think they got to the questions about the firm yet.
    I'd say on paper you're probably the second best team in the league, Man City man for man are arguable stronger and in reality probs should be first. I'm waiting for you guys to hopefully lose to midtable mediocrity again so others have a chance to catch up.

Agree with growing out/cba to troll thing. I feel the same, the hostility in it all has become kinda tedious for me and sometimes I wish even the forum itself was a little less hostile during game weeks. The thing that's just kind of annoying is the guy who comments on the threads just to say lol if the team is losing.
    I still have a little life left in me for a possible AFC meltdown thread MK2 though, just becuase that's so worth it

H&R was interesting until I realised that the people posting havn't got a clue how the real world works. e.g. I see people telling others to dump their partners for the most trivial things. Honestly if people where as weak willed as those on TSR relationships would never last and couples would never just work over their problems. The strongest relationships will have had their rocky periods, they're only strong because the couple came out the other side still together. You need that ride or die type guy/girl.

Tbh I find the average football fan must be pretty stupid, some of the stuff I see and hear from football fans on social media or radio call ins like 5 Sport just makes me want to faceplam. Like the other week there were people saying Brendan Rodgers should be sacked ffs. Either they're pretty stupid or the stupid minority are also the loudest.

Tbh more often than not I'll discuss something I'll have heard and just throw an idea out there (whether it be wrong or right), e.g. when I suggested playing Gerrard further up in the 4-2-3-1. The problem with that though is football isn't so black and white and sometimes you just don't know whether something will work unless you put it into practice.

Good luck on your job application mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Can't speak for other mods but i'd say Football is moderated incredibly softly compared to some other places. Just look at Chat, HR or DCA.

Same problem :sad: My 'best friends' have always been girls.

I lived with 6 other guys throughout uni but only one of them gave a **** about football, we often talk about it but it's not like coming on to here or RedCafe where you can get loads of different views, especially from those who support another team. Even something like fantasy football can be discussed in depth on here, whereas in 'real life' it'll never get mentioned. Tbh i'd have left this site years ago if it wasn't for this section.
    Yeah I feel your pain. It's not even something you can go and improve on like talking to girls. It just doesn't seem to work.

I lived with a girl and rest guys at uni too, I made attempts to socialise but they just went off into their own groups and didn't really reciprocate any of the effort, none liked football either, one was an indie type kid into festivals etc but not sport and the other was foreign and kept to himself. Needless to say I got on well with the girl.
    Part of me wishes I was in a group of 'lads' so to speak, who went out and socialised/got wrecked lmao. That's not really me, I'm not the 'lad' type but it would probably be quite fun.

Yeah 100% agree with the last sentence.

ReputationRep:
    also amateur move on picking up a phonecall, always let it ring to voicemail. then ring back off your own memorised script 'Hi this is Jam im returning a phonecall i missed earlier from tittie mctittie regarding a cowboy position' 'hi jam, erm yeah, that was me who rang, erm how are you' *oh **** I rang 30 people already who was this again, need a minute to scramble through my files* 'im very good thank you, *insert appropriate remark here*, and how are you tittie?' puts the ball into your court, you're the one steering the convesation until the interview part of the call begins and shows excellent telephone manner which is what they are looking for.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.