Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Whoa-oa-oa! I feel good, I knew that I would, now
    I feel good, I knew that I would, now
    So good, so good, I got you. OH.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthless Dutchman)
    I'm close to breaking point. Various problems really.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Ranging from financial instability from being unemployed and I'm not receiving enough to cover my rent so I have to starve just to have a roof over my head.
    To a problem where a friend has become far too attached to me and it's causing worries for my girlfriend who doesn't feel like she can trust me anymore. I mean, I don't blame her. From her perspective there's a girl who claims everything's platonic and yet makes journal posts on her blog about how she loves me with a burning passion. I don't know, it's certainly not reciprocated like that at all. I'm starting to get tired of the word 'platonic', it's being used as a way to barrier people's fears that it could be romantic. it's not in any way romantic, but people read it otherwise.

I want her to let go by herself and stand on her own two feet, instead of holding on to me because there's no one else she has. Since in that way I feel responsible for her wellbeing, and that really is a heavy burden, as much as I don't want to admit it to her. At least lately I haven't denied it when she has apologised for burdening me.

I want to be able to tell me girlfriend I love her when the time is right, since right now my words mean nothing. She's right about thinking that words I also use for other people feel less special when I use them for her right? I use words like 'lovely' and 'pretty' as compliments and to cheer people up, I don't have the largest vocab when it comes to that, but the words carry different meanings. "It's not what you say, it's how you say it", that's what my girlfriend said to me at one point, so that applies here too right?

My friend tells me she loves me, I used to say it back too because I put it in my mind that it was in no way romantic, you can love your friends too. My girlfriend says she is fine with it because she says it to her friends too, but her friends are all girls. But that shouldn't be a problem anyway, because both my friend and my girlfriend are bisexual, so they could get feelings regardless of gender, so why does it feel like it could mean something different, or is my head so engrained with heteronormativity where I struggle to think outside of a girl and a boy saying they love eachother can be taken platonically? Regardless of their sexual preference? I hate how that's a commonplace in my head, and all the stories and films and novels and songs about a boy and girl best friends falling in romantic love are not helping.

I really need to find a way to get help so I can pay for my rent, the job centre didn't like the idea of me having to use my jobseekers allowance to make up for the amount house benefit lacked, leaving me with £50 a month to eat. I shouldn't have to go through that again. I don't know if I can handle another 3 months of nothing but pasta, sardines and cheese. After almost breaking down at the Job Centre they gave me some places I should go to to get it sorted, I should really leave to get that done. Well, eat first, I haven't eaten all day.

Welp, word vomited again.
    I hope things get better for you soon.:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel like I'm failing at everything :no:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    A mix of relief and anxiety. My mum and stepdad were in a car accident today and luckily they are OK and I am over the moon at that but they were told that if what happened to their car happened just 2 mins later when they were on the motorway, it would have been a fatal accident. Its scary to think how close they were to danger and that it happened out the blue. They are just very shook up. The car is badly damaged but the main thing is they are OK. I've been having panic attack after panic attack since finding out. Me and stress don't go well together.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im depressed, never thought i was but here i am in yr 13, talking to a counselor.. about how i'm depressed. hmm. life is strange, is anyone else depressed?
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Exhausted

ReputationRep:
    A mixture of disappointment and emptiness.

ReputationRep:
    Depressed, alone and just empty inside

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am in Love !
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3662951

ReputationRep:
    What a great question, ok so i am feel quite happy though i have some challenges over the next few days so hopefully i can overcome

ReputationRep:
    AMAZING.
    Tired.
    Amazingly tired.
    Tiredly amazing..? That doesn't work, does it¿ :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Depressed sad upset heartbroken and hate life :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunslingerZearon)
    Depressed, alone and just empty inside

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You wouldn't be alone and other things if u allowed people to be in ur life and not cut them out!! Because I feel the exact Same way

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RBalboa)
    You wouldn't be alone and other things if u allowed people to be in ur life and not cut them out!! Because I feel the exact Same way

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well i feel alone and depressed because one of my best friends isn't even alive anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunslingerZearon)
    Well i feel alone and depressed because one of my best friends isn't even alive anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry God will take care of them and I know they will be looking down on you wishing you the best

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    AMAZING.
    Tired.
    Amazingly tired.
    Tiredly amazing..? That doesn't work, does it¿ :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SassKing13)
    It works.

Does it really¿

YayYyyYyYYyyyYYyYyYyyYYyyYYyYyYy yy¡ :rofl:

XD Thank you for reassuring me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthless Dutchman)
    I don't want to be needed.
    I want to be wanted.
    I don't want to feel responsible
    For the stability of someone else's life.
    I never said you were.

ReputationRep:
    Fed up,

ReputationRep:
    I really need to wee.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.