This discussion is closed.
difeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SA-1)
Do you want to put money on this?

I'll give you 9/1 on that, as long as you put minimum £10.
9/1 on the exact top 4 is pretty harsh odds
BeFoUr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
I don't recall
Brb said there was no chance of Liverpool finishing above United in 13/14 season

Brb nearly win league
Brb meanwhile, David Moyes!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BeFoUr)
Brb said there was no chance of Liverpool finishing above United in 13/14 season

Brb nearly win league
Brb meanwhile, David Moyes!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
NathanW18
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Liverpool are never getting 2nd.
KingKoala
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you think United will win the league next season under Mourinho then you are kinda deluded, will take at least 2/3 seasons to get to title challenging position.
mhsc
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Actually with your squad and Mourinho's short term mentality, you could certainly win the league next year, with essentially an unlimited budget. You'd spend another £200m to do it probably but he would bring much more instant results to you than he could do us, at Chelsea he had to sell to buy and at least pretend to work with the current squad.
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by KingKoala)
If you think United will win the league next season under Mourinho then you are kinda deluded, will take at least 2/3 seasons to get to title challenging position.
How many seasons did it take Leicester to get to a title challenging position after being promoted?

The title is up for grabs for anyone.
BeFoUr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Posting style: manchesterunited15/fideo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thoughts on Lukaku at United?
Only player we'll get from Everton is probably Stones, without Laporte injured.
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rk2k14)
Stones isn't good enough
NathanW18
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by KingKoala)
Winning the league and being a challenger are completley different expectations. It should not take 3 years to challenge. We haven't challenged for the title since 2013. If it takes another 3 years for at least a challenge, heads should roll. We should be challenging for the title next season.

By challenge, I mean be within a few points off the top with 10 or less games to go.

Would love Lukaku here.

Not sure about Stones.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Stones isn't good enough
Agree, but with Mou most likely coming I'm guessing we'll go for him and get done over by Everton. End up paying £45mill.
Not the first time they'll have robbed us.

Would take Varane/Hummels over him. Prefer latter. Top ball playing CB.
samir12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
How many seasons did it take Leicester to get to a title challenging position after being promoted?

The title is up for grabs for anyone.
Disagree with that, unless you have a title challenging squad, you would need to hope for a signing like Mahrez that would play a huge part in a title challenge.
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Agree, but with Mou most likely coming I'm guessing we'll go for him and get done over by Everton. End up paying £45mill.
Not the first time they'll have robbed us.

Would take Varane/Hummels over him. Prefer latter. Top ball playing CB.
Because signing Varane is definitely realistic.
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
We'll get 2 CB's.

Rojo and Jones and McNair will be sold.
xKay
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We'll get 2 CB's.

Rojo and Jones and McNair will be sold.
Rojo is good enough
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
(Original post by samir12)
Disagree with that, unless you have a title challenging squad, you would need to hope for a signing like Mahrez that would play a huge part in a title challenge.
Mahrez has been at Leicester City since 2014 during their time in the Championship. Mahrez wasn't bought a star. He only got 4 goals last season. He always had good technique but was never a star player for a team to hope to sign. Any team in the PL could have their own 'Mahrez' who is waiting for the right manager to come get the best out of him and the team.
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
(Original post by xKay)
Rojo is good enough
IMO he's too rash, not clever enough and he's nearly always injured. What has he really offered in the last 2 years?

Not to mention in Jan there were clubs interested in him and we considered the offers but didn't sell due to CB shortage...
TheDefiniteArticle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Chances are Mahrez is a high single-digit striker who got unlucky last year and lucky this year.
samir12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mahrez has been at Leicester City since 2014 during their time in the Championship. Mahrez wasn't bought a star. He only got 4 goals last season. He always had good technique but was never a star player for a team to hope to sign. Any team in the PL could have their own 'Mahrez' who is waiting for the right manager to come get the best out of him and the team.
But my point still stands, a team would have to hope they have their own "Mahrez" and the right manager for everything to click and that rarely occurs otherwise we would be seeing this more often. You can point to Liverpool in 13/14 but they had a star player in Suarez who is one of the best if not the best striker in the world.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (62)
32.8%
Spring (35)
18.52%
Autumn/Fall (46)
24.34%
Winter (36)
19.05%
I love them all equally (10)
5.29%