Report 7 years ago
http://www.ucas.com/students/applyin...ion/quals#test
fluteflute
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by desy.kris)
true, but you still need to put it as a qualification in the Education section. all admission tests must be put there.
You certainly don't have to. (I didn't ) Although the UCAS link does suggest it's recommended.
FernF
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by fluteflute)
You certainly don't have to. (I didn't ) Although the UCAS link does suggest it's recommended.
Thanks for that, I can stop panicking now!!
Bambirina
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Username : Bambirina
Subject : Chinese

I'm French so I'll take the French bac. My predicted grades are 15.75 (the entry requirement for Oxford is 15)

College : Wadham
MyselfEtAl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Username: MyselfEtAl
Subject: Human Sciences
GCSE's: A*AAAAAAABBC
AS: AAAB
Predicted: A*A*AB
Open Application.

(I know it's probably a long shot because of my GCSE's and all, but hey, it's worth a try).
Niki_girl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I got an offer from UEA today! I know it's not Oxford but now when I get rejected from there I have somewhere to go! :woo: Feel so much happier!
Perseverance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is anyone here retaking any modules they did at AS? I wanted to go from a low A to a high one (to ensure I get the A overall at A2), yet I'm not sure if the declaration of a retake would hinder my application.
such_a_lady
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Niki_girl)
I got an offer from UEA today! I know it's not Oxford but now when I get rejected from there I have somewhere to go! :woo: Feel so much happier!
Congratulations!!!!!! This may be the first offer of the thread!!!! Well done you!!!

On another note...the first MLAT I did for Spanish last week was fine. Just did another one- well, attempted to- and it's driven me mad; why does VERDAMMTES Spanish have to be so VERDAMMT hard... Don't you just hate it when you understand every word in a sentence but together they make no sense!? And all the time in the back of my mind I have this hideous feeling that all the other Spanish applicants will be amazing, especially Jenny, and that I am an absolute failure at life
cantseethesky
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hello!

Username: cantseethesky
Subject: English Language and Literature
GCSE's: A*A*AAAAAAABB (+ short course) A*A
AS: (English Lit, History, Psychology, Drama) AAAA
Predicted: A*A*AA + Pass in the Welsh Baccalaureate
College: Exeter

(Original post by Perseverance)
Is anyone here retaking any modules they did at AS? I wanted to go from a low A to a high one (to ensure I get the A overall at A2), yet I'm not sure if the declaration of a retake would hinder my application.
I'd like to second this ^ I got all A's in my AS modules except for one (quite low) B in a Psychology module, and was wondering if it was worth retaking?
Niki_girl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by such_a_lady)
Congratulations!!!!!! This may be the first offer of the thread!!!! Well done you!!!

On another note...the first MLAT I did for Spanish last week was fine. Just did another one- well, attempted to- and it's driven me mad; why does VERDAMMTES Spanish have to be so VERDAMMT hard... Don't you just hate it when you understand every word in a sentence but together they make no sense!? And all the time in the back of my mind I have this hideous feeling that all the other Spanish applicants will be amazing, especially Jenny, and that I am an absolute failure at life
Thank you

Don't worry! I've done a few practice HATs and they are pretty hard....have yet to get feedback from my teachers! Don't get frustrated, I can tell from your grades and personality that you are genuinely talented, look at my posts a few pages back - I was looking at everyone else's applications and nearly gave up! Today, when I checked my Track I was actually crying because I was so stressed (lucky it wasn't a rejection then! ) but it's amazing how things change, and so quickly! (Thought my teachers were joking when they asked if I had any offers yet yesterday! :rolleyes:)

:hugs:
digestives
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm taking the MLLAT, what percentage should one aim for to be on the safe side to be selected for interview?
I know for the ELAT, in general they will take most people who get over 45/60.
medbh4805
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
just found out Bristol's classics course is 230 applicants to 18 places, which makes it more competitive than Oxford's several times over :beard:
fluteflute
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by medbh4805)
just found out Bristol's classics course is 230 applicants to 18 places, which makes it more competitive than Oxford's several times over :beard:
Ha! Good luck... (although if you can't get in, I don't know who can)

Bristol has way more applicants per place than Oxford.
medbh4805
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by fluteflute)
Ha! Good luck... (although if you can't get in, I don't know who can)

Bristol has way more applicants per place than Oxford.
Yeah, I'm not afraid of a bit of competition

I just find it surprising :beard:
I suppose the "intimidation factor" puts a lot of people off applying to Oxford, whereas somewhere like Bristol seems more attainable, even though in reality it's much more competitive :holmes:
Brand New Eyes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
SO.... i still haven't sent it

p.s. do you think its better to apply for other universities after the oxbridge deadline so theyre less inclined to know where youve applied
KingMessi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Brand New Eyes)

p.s. do you think its better to apply for other universities after the oxbridge deadline so theyre less inclined to know where youve applied
Ermmmmmm can't do any harm?
PhenolphthaleinX
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Brand New Eyes)

i hope you can make it before the deadline!

i personally would be happier to get the news earlier i.e. to apply earlier and get acknowledgements, offers etc
anyway if they think you're applying to Oxford it's not like they're not going to give you offers :P
Perseverance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:eek: Worried about five rejections!
Banoffeepie16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by such_a_lady)
You're going to be amazing, honest you stand much more of a chance than me; your grades are :eek: awesome!
bytail
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Perseverance)
:eek: Worried about five rejections!
Same here Almost beginning to wish I had applied for theology rather than English...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (173)
67.58%
No (83)
32.42%

Watched Threads