The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich

x

Ozil's recent form? He has one league goal since March 1st. :rolleyes:
Original post by Mackay
I think you'll get Cech. I'm convinced.

Would be lovely tbh, Cesc is still one of the top3 in the league and has years to go. Good leadership abilities too. And he's one of the few Chelsea players that's quite likeable too :biggrin:

Cech would make us title contenders and I just dont see Mourinho allowing it. Loads of teams would take him abroad like Real, Wolfsburg, Juve so I just cant see it.
Original post by The Shed End

Well I think he's become much more influential. Even watching Chelsea these days you could actually use someone like him in the final third with a bit of subtlety and vision!

Ozil is one of those players alot of people have made their decision on and so loads will never admit when he's performing up to standard I guess.
Original post by Zürich
Would be lovely tbh, Cesc is still one of the top3 in the league and has years to go. Good leadership abilities too. And he's one of the few Chelsea players that's quite likeable too :biggrin:

Cech would make us title contenders and I just dont see Mourinho allowing it. Loads of teams would take him abroad like Real, Wolfsburg, Juve so I just cant see it.

He wants to stay in London, though, and Mourinho's implied he won't stand in his way to choose a club in the PL given how much service he has provided the club. He was massively influential this weekend without playing, apparently, giving Terry and Courtois tips on the toss and the sun, which shows his class/leadership quality.

Wish he'd stop wearing that bloody scrum cap, though.

Fabregas has one league goal this calender year?:rolleyes:
Original post by Mackay
He wants to stay in London, though, and Mourinho's implied he won't stand in his way to choose a club in the PL given how much service he has provided the club. He was massively influential this weekend without playing, apparently, giving Terry and Courtois tips on the toss and the sun, which shows his class/leadership quality.

Wish he'd stop wearing that bloody scrum cap, though.

Well you never know I guess.

In b4 the ''he left coz you're ****'' chants vs Chelsea next season. :biggrin:

Swear he's got long term skull damage and playing without it is potentially life endangering though? Will excuse the fashion faux in that case.
Original post by Zürich
Not sure why you think he's been a bad signing. Obviously not good enough for our XI but he is a solid workhorse who's scored probably our most significant goal of this season to date?

If we wanted to flog him to a West Ham in the summer, we'd get the £16m back so it's absolutely fine.

I'm sorry but he's been appalling, would rather have Fraudolski back tbh, SR I thinked it was summed it up yesturday, Chris Smalling has the same number of goals as him in the league this season.
Original post by Jgco2chem
Xi against Chelsea I hope...
..................Giroud
Sanchez Ozil Bellerin
........Ramsey Coquelin
Montreal Kosc BFG Debuchy
..................Ospina

Sub- Welbeck, Cazorla and Chambers?

Why do people think playing Bellerin at RW provides some kind of defensive boost? He barely defends at RB anyway and cant actually make a tackle, FFS never mind sending him further up the pitch.

Personally I like Ramsey RW with Santi CM.
Original post by Zürich
Well you never know I guess.

In b4 the ''he left coz you're ****'' chants vs Chelsea next season. :biggrin:

Swear he's got long term skull damage and playing without it is potentially life endangering though? Will excuse the fashion faux in that case.

I remember being at the Emirates last year when we lost to Chelsea in the league cup and they chanted "he left cos you're ****, RVP he left cos you're ****" all game. It was ****ing hilarious tbh
Santi as B2B, that'll end well....
Original post by leinad2012
I'm sorry but he's been appalling, would rather have Fraudolski back tbh, SR I thinked it was summed it up yesturday, Chris Smalling has the same number of goals as him in the league this season.

You cant necessarily judge him like that since most of his games havent been as striker and because he's been off the bench most often in 2015. Podolski has a very nice goal/game record and provided absolutely nothing else whereas at least Welbz has an all round game for instance. He is a squad player who has 100% resale value as well of course.

And once again, I'd have paid £16m for that goal at OT alone. :smile:
Santi as B2B, that'll end well....

He's played that role excellently all season, MOTM at times actually? With Coq involved beside him youve got a defensive player to provide energy and physicality so it's fine.
Actually come to think of it, Danny Welbeck literally is a better defender than Bellerin and arguably Bellerin attacks better.
why is bellerin on the wing lol, just stick welbeck and debuchy on that side if you want more defensive contribution.
Fabregas has one league goal this calender year?:rolleyes:

I'm not saying Fabregas has replicated his earlier season form, just pointing out that Ozil, while he may be playing well, isn't getting the goals and assists to reflect that atm.
Yeah no idea how you haven't realised by now Leinad that Santi's dropped into CM time ago..
I'm not saying Fabregas has replicated his earlier season form, just pointing out that Ozil, while he may be playing well, isn't getting the goals and assists to reflect that atm.

I agree, I was just pointing out that the method you were using to measure a players impact (i.e. goals scored) and form is flawed in this situation :smile:
Original post by AR_95
Yeah no idea how you haven't realised by now Leinad that Santi's dropped into CM time ago..

I know he has, but I still really don't like the Santi Ozil combo in the middle against good teams. Ozil's stats regarding defensive work-rate often deceiv; against Burnley with 5 minutes to go we try to break and it doesn't work and Ozil just stood there on the half way line for a couple of minutes and then wandered back looking completely disinterested. I know it's at the end of a game and he's tired but there's a definite lack of defensive discipline, Coq can make up for both of them against poor sides, but against a disciplined side like Chelsea it's never going to work.
Ozil has literally improved all aspects of his game since coming back from injury, sometimes its like he just knows what a player is going to do and turns him with ease whereas last season he would just get dispossesed. He's the guy that keeps it all ticking up top recently as his understanding with Ramsey Giroud and Alexis has improved.
Eyezil