(Original post by Zürich)
    Much better than anything we've got
    Same could be said of Welbeck and look how that's turned out

ReputationRep:

"Maybe if I wear a mask they won't recognise me"
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    I wouldn't boo him and I don't think a lot of the Arsenal faithful would either. He stayed longer than he needed to and went to a team he thought would welcome him back with open arms. Like I've said, before he became available our fans still liked him to an extent, if we played Barce they wouldn't boo him. When he went to Chelsea he had 3 options, go to Chelsea, go to United, or stay at a team that had openly expressed a desire to sell him, he made the right choice and I don't dislike him for it.

You can sit and let your anger cloud your judgement, but we did need him back then, if it hadn't been for RVP the next season who knows where we'd be right now. And we may not have won the league, but you cannot say he wouldn't have improved the team, the stats don't lie and the number of assists he's had has been impressive. I'd take him over Ramsey any day of the week.
    We wouldnt have won the league with him and obviously the cup game vs Utd would have been different too so I cant see how anyone can be that fussed about him. Mesut Ozil on recent form is just as good if not better. Even Santi has been much better in recent months.

Ramsey is a completely different player anyway, much more B2B etc. And on top form I prefer him too.

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Not a hope, Mourinho has a pathological dislike of Arsenal/Wenger(like the criminals who hold a grudge against decent people) and he'll never allow that.

Ospina is ****e and Szczesny has gone backwards and is too much of a ******** to get his act together so we need someone imo. Dream signing is Lloris personally, if he had some kind of buy out clause that is. Or if City fancy selling us Hart for their FFP purposes we'll cut them a cheque as well of course...
    I think you'll get Cech. I'm convinced.

ReputationRep:
    Same could be said of Welbeck and look how that's turned out
    Not sure why you think he's been a bad signing. Obviously not good enough for our XI but he is a solid workhorse who's scored probably our most significant goal of this season to date?

If we wanted to flog him to a West Ham in the summer, we'd get the £16m back so it's absolutely fine.

ReputationRep:
    x
    Ozil's recent form? He has one league goal since March 1st. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I think you'll get Cech. I'm convinced.
    Would be lovely tbh, Cesc is still one of the top3 in the league and has years to go. Good leadership abilities too. And he's one of the few Chelsea players that's quite likeable too

Cech would make us title contenders and I just dont see Mourinho allowing it. Loads of teams would take him abroad like Real, Wolfsburg, Juve so I just cant see it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Well I think he's become much more influential. Even watching Chelsea these days you could actually use someone like him in the final third with a bit of subtlety and vision!

Ozil is one of those players alot of people have made their decision on and so loads will never admit when he's performing up to standard I guess.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Would be lovely tbh, Cesc is still one of the top3 in the league and has years to go. Good leadership abilities too. And he's one of the few Chelsea players that's quite likeable too

Cech would make us title contenders and I just dont see Mourinho allowing it. Loads of teams would take him abroad like Real, Wolfsburg, Juve so I just cant see it.
    He wants to stay in London, though, and Mourinho's implied he won't stand in his way to choose a club in the PL given how much service he has provided the club. He was massively influential this weekend without playing, apparently, giving Terry and Courtois tips on the toss and the sun, which shows his class/leadership quality.

Wish he'd stop wearing that bloody scrum cap, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Fabregas has one league goal this calender year?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    He wants to stay in London, though, and Mourinho's implied he won't stand in his way to choose a club in the PL given how much service he has provided the club. He was massively influential this weekend without playing, apparently, giving Terry and Courtois tips on the toss and the sun, which shows his class/leadership quality.

Wish he'd stop wearing that bloody scrum cap, though.
    Well you never know I guess.

In b4 the ''he left coz you're ****'' chants vs Chelsea next season.

Swear he's got long term skull damage and playing without it is potentially life endangering though? Will excuse the fashion faux in that case.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure why you think he's been a bad signing. Obviously not good enough for our XI but he is a solid workhorse who's scored probably our most significant goal of this season to date?

If we wanted to flog him to a West Ham in the summer, we'd get the £16m back so it's absolutely fine.
    I'm sorry but he's been appalling, would rather have Fraudolski back tbh, SR I thinked it was summed it up yesturday, Chris Smalling has the same number of goals as him in the league this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jgco2chem)
    Xi against Chelsea I hope...
    ..................Giroud
    Sanchez Ozil Bellerin
    ........Ramsey Coquelin
    Montreal Kosc BFG Debuchy
    ..................Ospina

Sub- Welbeck, Cazorla and Chambers?
    Why do people think playing Bellerin at RW provides some kind of defensive boost? He barely defends at RB anyway and cant actually make a tackle, FFS never mind sending him further up the pitch.

Personally I like Ramsey RW with Santi CM.

ReputationRep:
    Well you never know I guess.

In b4 the ''he left coz you're ****'' chants vs Chelsea next season.

Swear he's got long term skull damage and playing without it is potentially life endangering though? Will excuse the fashion faux in that case.
    I remember being at the Emirates last year when we lost to Chelsea in the league cup and they chanted "he left cos you're ****, RVP he left cos you're ****" all game. It was ****ing hilarious tbh

ReputationRep:
    Santi as B2B, that'll end well....

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but he's been appalling, would rather have Fraudolski back tbh, SR I thinked it was summed it up yesturday, Chris Smalling has the same number of goals as him in the league this season.
    You cant necessarily judge him like that since most of his games havent been as striker and because he's been off the bench most often in 2015. Podolski has a very nice goal/game record and provided absolutely nothing else whereas at least Welbz has an all round game for instance. He is a squad player who has 100% resale value as well of course.

And once again, I'd have paid £16m for that goal at OT alone.

ReputationRep:
    Santi as B2B, that'll end well....
    He's played that role excellently all season, MOTM at times actually? With Coq involved beside him youve got a defensive player to provide energy and physicality so it's fine.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.