Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Richardson to the Colts. WHAT THE ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProgFeanor)
    Just saw that, wtf is that about

ReputationRep:
    Read a comment on the interweb that the Richardson trade is because Browns realise how terrible the Jags are so deliberately ruining themselves :rofl:

Succintly makes logic of this trade cos otherwise THE FACK IS THIS ****

ReputationRep:
    Browns attempt to rebuild, V5.0

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, I think Richardson gives the Colts about a 1 game advantage over what they've been predicted to do this season, if even that. He's a hard-runner with tremendous potential and a good receiver out of the backfield, but their O-Line is pretty bad (neither the Phins nor the and the Defense is downright 'meh'. Let's not forget that even Bradshaw had a 4.6 yards per carry average last year with the G-Men. That's not fantastic, but it's pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys I need your opinions. I've got Trent Richardson in my fantasy team, do I play him this week against the 49ers? I read somewhere that the Colts intend to feed the rock to T.Rich a fair bit (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...to-roll-sunday) but how is he going to learn the offense in such a short space of time, also the 49ers have a pretty good defense.

My other backs:
    Alfred Morris
    Knowshon Moreno
    Giovani Bernard
    James Starks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bromers)
    Ok guys I need your opinions. I've got Trent Richardson in my fantasy team, do I play him this week against the 49ers? I read somewhere that the Colts intend to feed the rock to T.Rich a fair bit (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...to-roll-sunday) but how is he going to learn the offense in such a short space of time, also the 49ers have a pretty good defense.

My other backs:
    Alfred Morris
    Knowshon Moreno
    Giovani Bernard
    James Starks
    Can't really help with your question but wtf kinda league are you in if you can get all of those backs :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zubby77)
    Can't really help with your question but wtf kinda league are you in if you can get all of those backs :/
    It's only a small league - 6 teams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bromers)

My other backs:
    Alfred Morris
    Knowshon Moreno
    Giovani Bernard
    James Starks
    I think you have to start him. Moreno maybe, depending how much you think Manning will throw against the Raiders, but I wouldn't trust either of the backs in the CIN-GB game. Also, you have to remember that Lynch scored 31.5 points against them last week, not that SF will be that bad every week.

I now have the problem that I have Luck as well as Richardson, who will probably now take value away from both of them. My team is decimated - my 3rd and 4th backs are Wilson and Lacy (which looked great at the time), and my top 2 WRs are White and Andre Johnson. Already 0-2 and expecting

ReputationRep:
    So how bout dem red sox?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know of where I can watch America's game online? Missed it when it was aired, and I've searched and searched the internet but I cannot find it anywhere!

Please help :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, I think Richardson gives the Colts about a 1 game advantage over what they've been predicted to do this season, if even that. He's a hard-runner with tremendous potential and a good receiver out of the backfield, but their O-Line is pretty bad (neither the Phins nor the and the Defense is downright 'meh'. Let's not forget that even Bradshaw had a 4.6 yards per carry average last year with the G-Men. That's not fantastic, but it's pretty good.
    Do you think Bradshaw is bad?? Are you sure you're not confusing him with Brandon Jacobs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Troll Toll)
    Do you think Bradshaw is bad?? Are you sure you're not confusing him with Brandon Jacobs?
    That's pretty much the opposite of what I'm saying. What I was trying to say was, albeit incoherently, that I don't think T-Rich, the hard runner that he may be, is a huge, game-changing upgrade over Ahmad Bradshaw.

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty much the opposite of what I'm saying. What I was trying to say was, albeit incoherently, that I don't think T-Rich, the hard runner that he may be, is a huge, game-changing upgrade over Ahmad Bradshaw.
    Oh right. The "even Bradshaw" phrasing confused me.

Yeah generally any time a RB is traded or signed as a FA the team that pays for him gets the worse deal it seems. It's just not that valuable of a position in the NFL.

It is kind of entertaining how Cleveland had the 3rd pick in a draft where 4 QBs were rated as top 10 picks by most scouts and they ended up with Brandon Weeden (this isn't hindsight btw, everyone knew Wilson was good they just hate short people).

ReputationRep:
    Chiefs are going to end up winning this on special teams and defence alone! :O Terrible start for the Eagles.

ReputationRep:
    The Chiefs Defense is "dayyummmm fiiiiiiine" these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Troll Toll)
    Oh right. The "even Bradshaw" phrasing confused me.

Yeah generally any time a RB is traded or signed as a FA the team that pays for him gets the worse deal it seems. It's just not that valuable of a position in the NFL.

It is kind of entertaining how Cleveland had the 3rd pick in a draft where 4 QBs were rated as top 10 picks by most scouts and they ended up with Brandon Weeden (this isn't hindsight btw, everyone knew Wilson was good they just hate short people).
    They're a dreadful franchise, I think if I worked hard all my life to get into the NFL and then was drafted by the Browns I'd cry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munn)
    Under Harbaugh that's true... because the offense was all low-risk checkdown passes and taking sacks rather than risk interceptions. Before Harbaugh arrived Smith had a career 51-53 TD-INT ratio (albeit his 1-11 rookie season skews it somewhat).
    If you want an quarterback that can set up field goals, Alex Smith is your man, if you want one that actually takes chances, look elsewhere.
    Thought I'd dig this up. It's early, but to go from 2-14 and start the season 3-0 your QB must be doing something right.

ReputationRep:
    Sundays predictions?

HOU over BAL
    NYG over CAR
    WAS over DET
    TEN over SD
    NO over AZ
    NE over TB
    GB over CIN
    DAL over STL
    MIN over CLE
    MIA over ATL
    BUF over NYJ
    SF over IND
    SEA over JAX
    CHI over PIT

Monday:
    DEN over OAK

Looking good for my Dolphins so far. Atlanta are strong but I have us winning because of the injuries ATL has suffered already. The toilet bowl of BUF @ NYJ will be interesting to see who's going to suck more. Patriots.... Well, they've got time to get things together before they start playing half decent teams.

I think SF will bounce back after the SEA beating. I'm not entirely sold on the Trent trade making them SB contenders. The still have OL and Defence issues.

ReputationRep:
    Bal > hou
    car > nyg
    det > was
    ten > sd
    no > az
    tb > ne
    gb > cin
    stl > dal
    min > cle
    mia > atl
    nyj > buff
    sf > ind
    sea > jax
    chi > pit
    den > oak

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.