Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Suarez would be huge for you guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gumtrees)
    Nothing new here, all it's done is prove what was already known, and burn his bridges to Liverpool fans, like myself.

Still doesn't improve Arsenal's position, they need to bid what we want to sell, in oerder to buy him.
    The clause interpretation is still a bit nebolous and that's the coupe de grace. PFA getting involved now as well and if it really is in writing.........

Don't really like anything about this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    He says he has the backing of the PFA regarding the clause. Who are the PFA? Are they credible?
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Suarez makes trouble wherever he goes.. Why would your risk you club just for him... Liverpool just look like grade A mugs from him signing to him leaving.. Arsenal is next

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Suarez has to leave now. No loyalty in football. Can't really blame Suarez for his decision but feel for the Liverpool fans

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can't see how this is going to help Suarez at all tbh, I can't see Liverpool backing down and accepting what Arsenal have offered and I can't see this making Arsene want to spend even more on him - he just loves throwing his toys out the pram.

ReputationRep:
    Suarez could score 35-40 goals for us I reckon. He is that good.

This is virtually the only chance we have to sign a world class striker in his prime.

It's now or never tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Podolski Suarez Walcott

Wilshere Cazorla

That team would rape most sides.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gumtrees)
    Nothing new here, all it's done is prove what was already known, and burn his bridges to Liverpool fans, like myself.

Still doesn't improve Arsenal's position, they need to bid what we want to sell, in oerder to buy him.
    You think Suarez ostracising himself from the Liverpool board and fans doesn't improve Arsenal's position? He's threatening to take Liverpool to court which is no small matter. The fans will now hate him. The board hates him. His teammates likely do, too. Liverpool can hope another club comes in for him but otherwise I don't see how they can keep him, they'd be much better off taking the £40m and reinvesting in two quality players.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Suarez leaves, and Liverpool rot into mid table.

ReputationRep:
    The best option for Suarez would be to join a BIG club who are GUARANTEED champions league football, and preferably out of the premier league due to how he's percieved in England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Podolski Suarez Walcott

Wilshere Cazorla

Might get outnumbered I reckon. 11 vs 5 won't be easy, even for a 5 that strong.

ReputationRep:
    Suarez has just said he had a contractualy agreement with liverpool to allow them to sell him if they didn't make the chamoions league this season (which they didn't). He also said he could take the case to the premier league if they don't keep to their word. He's probably leaving. I really hope madrid sign bale so that they will have less of a chance of buying suarez and they are the only team that I can think of besides arsenal that have been linked with a transfer for him. Maybe suarez's camp told wenger he situation and that's why he said he will be 'patient'. Anyway that suarez interview possibly made my week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Suarez seems adamant that the 'promise' has been formally included in his contract extension, or why else state such a thing? Arsenal made that bid with the extra £1 in full awareness that this clause exists in the contract. Even if Madrid come in for Suarez, surely us having made the first bid entitles us to the transfer (assuming this clause exists).

We just really need some clarity on the release clause...

ReputationRep:
    Not so long ago I thought Higuain was done deal... we'd bid an undisclosed fee, he wanted us, at one point he was even heading to london colney for a medical haha. I'll remain vigilant, but it won't surprise me if I wake up one morning and liverpool have accepted a bid from some other random club that wasn't even on the cards before...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Heskey. Failing that, Hannibal.

Seriously, shut up with this keeper talk. Even if Szc could've done with an experienced head (a myth started by esoteric internet pundits with no knowledge of what Wenger is thinking), Cesar wasn't/isn't the answer to that question. No unless we're in 2009. I don't know why people fail to see this- something that is very obvious. Even Liverpool passed him up and went for Mignolet. Napoli same.
    I'm not necessarily saying Cesar is the one but we need a keeper because Szczesny is not good enough - he thinks he is but the reality is he isn't; not yet anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Go Suarez! Such a shame he's banned for six games - but this man could get 30 league goals still. Need to buy him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Podolski Suarez Walcott

Wilshere Cazorla

honestly, doesn't look any stronger than Liverpool to me

Sturridge Suarez Aspas

Coutinho
    Gerrard Lucas

you need more than Suarez even just to keep up with tottenham (if they keep Bale). Probably a winger and a defensive mid at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameronHayward)
    honestly, doesn't look any stronger than Liverpool to me

Sturridge Suarez Aspas

Coutinho
    Gerrard Lucas

you need more than Suarez even just to keep up with tottenham (if they keep Bale). Probably a winger and a defensive mid at least

We'll probably sign a DM too and our squad depth is much better. AOC/Rosicky/Arteta/Vermaelen/Giroud sitting on the bench whilst LFC have who exactly?

ReputationRep:
    We are getting Sebastian Perez, im pretty sure we don't need any more CDMs...

side note: you know being a liverpool fan is dead when Diego Costa rejects you.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.