Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Watching the godfather. Don't get the hype about it tbh although I'm not even half way in.

Has anyone watched the sopranos ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Watched mentalist Pilot. Looked good. Think I have a new series to catch up on.

Who's watched the new episode of Gotham? Will do that tomorrow morning.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone checked out Scorpion?

ReputationRep:
    worth watching gotham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Anyone checked out Scorpion?
    Yeah i watched the first 3 episodes last week. Seems really interesting and the story line seems unique imo. Love it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    I've always thought that you can't really juggle more than 2-3 really close friends. The type of people you tell more or less everything and see as often as you can y'know?

I can easily spend 6+ hours everyday with close friends without getting sick of them, the ones who aren't close become a little tedious though.
    You can juggle them all especially if you grew up with most of them :lol:. I see those 7 people every single day of my life whether its at uni (6 of us (including me) all went to the same Primary and Secondary schools and met the other 2 at the college we all went to ), at our own chilling spot (2 of them are renting a place but all of us have a key to the flat) and we all even volunteer at the same place. Every summer we all go on holiday together. Like i said its like a family of 8 brothers.

Thats an interesting point tbh. The more time you spend with someone the more closer you are to them i guess.

I dont think its ever been more than a day that we havent all spoken to each other. Our group on whatsapp probably averages 800 messages a day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Watching the godfather. Don't get the hype about it tbh although I'm not even half way in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My housemates made me watch it recently saying the same thing. Didn't think much of it tbh, the final scene was really good but the film was hard to understand in places, I didn't understand why it is so critically acclaimed as one of the GOATs.

ReputationRep:
    Using a film (Internship) as motivation to find a graduate job. I imagine myself as the Vince Vaughn/Owen Wilson hybrid amongst my peers, nowhere near as technical or advanced, but a steely determination and good looks abound. I see the KPMG recruitment officer as Chetty- a man with many reservations but also a deep-rooted faith towards myself, willing me on yet simultaneously kicking me down. I've also met my Graham- a snooty student on my course, merely using him as an incentive to stick the boot in, and to conquer against all odds. I take great inspiration from Billy, who resisted the urge to punch him in the face physically, but ultimately achieving this aim metaphorically. Let the games begin!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I love this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LosingDogs)
    I think this place would be better off non-moderated, or at least loosely so no illegal or disturbing **** can be posted. Seems to me it's a cesspool, it's almost an escape from life's ****. So sure we may not know each other personally, or at all really, but in some strange ****** way, we're all linked by a common denominator- life. We allow ourselves to detach from emotional bias and problems within our worlds and just, well, post freely and without consequence, something which means we can express ourselves really, our true views and opinions in a manner that we've never done before, certainly not to our friends and family. In a way guys, we know each other better than anyone else does.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    think you're trippin bro, I just come here to read the Liverpool thread

but nah, I see what you're saying but it aint to that extent that you saying. Some people defo post on here to get away from life's ****ness. I post out of boredom a lot of the time - I'm detached from my friends atm and being a harmless **** on the internet is just more fun than begging it off my boiz. I personally don't feel the need to vent and share, but it's fun, if you get me. I don't think true opinions are hidden by most people in real life, maybe on some controversial topics. What I was getting at though is; do we have ample opportunity to show off these true opinions in real life? and if we don't, is that why we're on TSR debating religion and politics etc? and do people who don't use TSR (ie everyone) either not have this platform, or do they just not feel the need to debate **** like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G up hoes down)
    think you're trippin bro, I just come here to read the Liverpool thread

but nah, I see what you're saying but it aint to that extent that you saying. Some people defo post on here to get away from life's ****ness. I post out of boredom a lot of the time - I'm detached from my friends atm and being a harmless **** on the internet is just more fun than begging it off my boiz. I personally don't feel the need to vent and share, but it's fun, if you get me. I don't think true opinions are hidden by most people in real life, maybe on some controversial topics. What I was getting at though is; do we have ample opportunity to show off these true opinions in real life? and if we don't, is that why we're on TSR debating religion and politics etc? and do people who don't use TSR (ie everyone) either not have this platform, or do they just not feel the need to debate **** like that?
    Some people use blogs and video debates, the ones who are stronger willed or more knowledgable/bothered to make their views known to the public in spite of any criticism they may get for it.

The rest I don't know. People often see me as quite deep sighted and intrinsic, despite my jokey/semi aggressive nature they know I'm a serious guy at heart.

I hide true opinions e.g. on religion, politics it depends on who I'm speaking to, but when I'm hiding my opinions, I like to see the answer of the other people first then I adapt to their answers. Would avoid lying when necessary and agree with the stuff I actually agree with and avoid to disagree. Means that I don't really have any enemies who dislike me for my views and they just see me as level headed. Things like football I'm just as vocal as I am on TSR, but then again that's not so controversial a topic, it's just leisure time rather than how you live your life or the countries laws.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    You'd think with all this nude selfie leak **** she'd think twice. Still though.

Yeah you may be right they're very rare. Though I've know two people like that, messed up with the first but it makes me appreciate the second more so we're tight even though we don't see each other often enough due to work etc.
    Most my friends are whack though tbh- decent people to hang with time to time but nothing special, makes me want more friends in that mold who you can spend a lot of time with and doing jokes/crazy ****.
    It's odd though. I've never had trouble with women, just acquiring close male friends.
    lmao it was snapchat though, guess she doesn't know about the hack apps. Anyway I got another one this morning haha.

Basically I've been through a hellish time in life lately, so I've kinda realised who my real friends are and who aren't. Like obviously you have your niggaz, but apart from that, the 'non special' people sorta separate themselves into 'those that care enough to ask about you' and 'those that find it too awkward'. I end up thinking how have I wronged the people that aren't fussed enough to care. I completely know what you mean about the lads thing, a lot of my friends are more staid and steady as well - the sick ones who I can do the jokes **** with, I don't see enough cos of geography/schedules etc.

I have friends quite a few friends "like that" who I can discuss 'grown up' topics with as you say which is why I mostly avoid the mediocrity and junk hole that is the rest of this site tbh. You'll see a few decent posts in threads on here but it's mostly quite poor.
    Football on the other hand is quite different, I'm the only person within my friendship circles to care for football enough to want to talk about it. Thus I tend to still come to TSR to hear other peoples opinions, discuss tactics and the odd bit of trolling/banter. I don't have to tell you that I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to football but that's partly because pre-TSR I never actually had conversations about it and would mostly watch the games and read newspapers. I guess you could say the want to discuss football has brought us together slightly- at least it feels a little like that with me (enough so that i would be willing to meet most people on the Football Forum).

That's not to say that I don't enjoy talking to the people on here about things other than football, I do enjoy it as you can tell from the conversation we have outside the medium of TSR. Generally speaking though you guys are the only reason I stay on TSR.
    Fair enough, you're lucky I guess with that. My friends are the typical 19-21 year old Asians who are too immature to have grown up conversations with haha, I don't think my friends circle are any more mature at 20 than they were at 15. Herd mentality rarely allows any kind of serious discussion; 1 on 1 some of them are okay. That's just one circle I guess, I do have a few grown up friends but not enough. It's not like I'm any more mature usually tbh. I'm generally up for a debate of some kind, I'm always posting some kind of *******s on this thread to try and get a discussion going, but I've lost patience with the rest of the site as well haha, debates on everything are circular, repetitive, tedious. ****.

Yer think there's a good community spirit on here, I'd be cool meeting you lot too.

ReputationRep:
    Where's MU15 with his one liners?

Anyway real talk with that herd mentality. Makes it hard to have a decent convo about things. Weird though in university you get to have very meaningful conversations with people from various backgrounds, which is what I loved about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Some people use blogs and video debates, the ones who are stronger willed or more knowledgable/bothered to make their views known to the public in spite of any criticism they may get for it.

The rest I don't know. People often see me as quite deep sighted and intrinsic, despite my jokey/semi aggressive nature they know I'm a serious guy at heart.

I hide true opinions e.g. on religion, politics it depends on who I'm speaking to, but when I'm hiding my opinions, I like to see the answer of the other people first then I adapt to their answers. Would avoid lying when necessary and agree with the stuff I actually agree with and avoid to disagree. Means that I don't really have any enemies who dislike me for my views and they just see me as level headed. Things like football I'm just as vocal as I am on TSR, but then again that's not so controversial a topic, it's just leisure time rather than how you live your life or the countries laws.
    Yer but even then the bloggers/video debaters are in a minority. There are your usual facebook lot, but I just wonder why the vast majority of people don't seem to need to discuss semi-intellectual ****. Very loose interpretation of the word intellectual. I like discussing it with girls.

Yeah I'm a fan of the wait and adapt strategy as well, I do it with practically everything. In a Game Theory point of view, just let people make the first move and you're cool, because people always make the wrong first move (in confrontations or negotiations etc, I mean, rather than just discussions).

ReputationRep:

Anyway real talk with that herd mentality. Makes it hard to have a decent convo about things. Weird though in university you get to have very meaningful conversations with people from various backgrounds, which is what I loved about it.

Think he's been banned and generally think he's busy with school/UCAS and all that jazz.

ReputationRep:
    what do people think of my username hehe

ReputationRep:

yer he's almost as bait as me (not like I try to hide it though) with his dupes. It's not like it's my choice to make dupes, when I'm travelling I got nothing better to do lol and it takes 20s. Dunno why Sr is on my case, I don't even bother exposing him or responding to his bitterness anymore lol.

Yeah you know what I never really got that experience at uni as much as I wanted to, I don't think it's because I'm unsociable/uninviting, but just because my particular uni was a sciency, male, anti-social bookworm dominated type. Honestly loved meeting Greeks and Egyptians and **** and just talking about **** that happened in their countries over hummous and bread and shisha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Godfather is slow at points, very slow by modern standards. I enjoyed it though.

It doesn't appeal to me in the same way as a modern classic like The Dark Knight or Gladiator do though. It's a bit more sinister and sly and slow and old world and I come away after watching it thinking 'why am I not good enough to completely understand and feel this film's supposed brilliance?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    You can juggle them all especially if you grew up with most of them :lol:. I see those 7 people every single day of my life whether its at uni (6 of us (including me) all went to the same Primary and Secondary schools and met the other 2 at the college we all went to ), at our own chilling spot (2 of them are renting a place but all of us have a key to the flat) and we all even volunteer at the same place. Every summer we all go on holiday together. Like i said its like a family of 8 brothers
    That's heavy man, like real brother ****. You got lucky there

ReputationRep:
    I have been having a few thoughts about a criticism that is often aimed at our generation, that we cannot support ourselves and that we are spoilt etc.

But, does anyone else feel like the odds are stacked against us compared to these older generations who are criticising us? People I know of my parent's generation owned houses in their early 20's. These days, I know very few people who are working jobs that they actually like (most of these jobs are absolutely miserable Mcjob office roles) and studied for. In fact, many graduates are scraping by with any job they can get if they are lucky. Because of the UK property market being the way it is, not many of us are going to be homeowners (inheritance does not count in this point) and therefore starting a secure family in the future is not going to be easy. I know very few people who are actually truly happy.

Overall, quality of life is stable compared to third worlders, yes. But that is not exactly much to shout about.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.