Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuth)
    The past papers will all be online!
    I've looked at some, but still have no idea whatsoever how to structure my answer (especially for the 8 marker)

(Original post by saahil0987)
    I have Germany 1918-38 and Britain 1929 - 51 I can help with those
    Britain 1929-51 looks like a fun topic! I'm OK for Germany actually; it's probably my best topic. But how do you structure the answers to your source paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roarchika)
    I've looked at some, but still have no idea whatsoever how to structure my answer (especially for the 8 marker)

Britain 1929-51 looks like a fun topic! I'm OK for Germany actually; it's probably my best topic. But how do you structure the answers to your source paper?
    For unit 3 my teacher said that:

Q1 (inference): [6 Marks]
    Source A suggests...

Make 3 inferences from the source and back each one up with info directly from the source

Q2 (Purpose) [8 Marks]
    The message of the representation is that...

Support the message with evidence from the representation and also with some information from own knowledge

The purpose of the representation is to...

Support the purpose with evidence from the representation and information from own knowledge

Q3 (Causation) [10 Marks]

One reason why...

Support with evidence from source and own knowledge

This led to (outcome in question) because...

(repeat this so that you have 3 paragraph each with a different cause)

Q4 (reliability) [10 Marks]

This is reliable/ unreliable because it suggests... (test content of source against own knowledge)

Discuss NOP and how at least one of these affects its reliability

Identify any limitations in the source

Overall how reliable is the source

(repeat for the other source)

Q5. [16 marker]
    Intro (agree / disagree w/ the interpretation?)

Argument for (use sources + own knowledge) and comment on its strength

Argument against (use sources + own knowledge) and comment on its strength

Conclusion (saying whether you agree / disagree with the interpretation depending on strength of evidence)

MAKE SURE YOU TALK ABOUT AT LEAST 3 SOURCES TO GET 16/16

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saahil0987)
    Lifesaver! Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SampleX)
    I wasted a whole day learning how to plait my hair and doing my make up.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Better that then plaiting hair in your exam.... No, of course I didn't do that in the geography paper....

(Original post by Jitesh)
    I agree
    Plus they need questions to differentiate the top candidates to the weaker ones
    It wasn't that hard, just the wording wasn't that good. I can understand why everyone thought there was a lack of connection, but it did clearly say n is the amount of sweets...
    The wording was decent I thought when I actually saw the question. It seemed perfectly doable though I get that the feeling of 'omg, why did I revise so much [insert topic that always comes up in past papers]!!!!'

ReputationRep:
    Are the topics on the specs for A Levels going to change when we do the new A Levels in September? Or is the only thing that's changing going to be that we will have to do all our exams at the end of 2 years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple-Pixie)
    Are the topics on the specs for A Levels going to change when we do the new A Levels in September? Or is the only thing that's changing going to be that we will have to do all our exams at the end of 2 years?
    There are new specifications for most subjects, I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple-Pixie)
    The specs are online by now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sditta)
    that sounds like something i would do :P
    At least I went to work looking on point xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Better that then plaiting hair in your exam.... No, of course I didn't do that in the geography paper....

I'm going to brush up my skills in my further maths exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How are you revising for further maths any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moe889)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Past papers and questions. Lots of them. Anything I don't understand, refer to the mighty power that is my father. XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moe889)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just do past papers and use my revision guide, also it's important not to be fazed by the fact it's further maths just treat it like normal maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SampleX)
    I'm going to brush up my skills in my further maths exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That pun though.

Good luck btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuth)
    There are new specifications for most subjects, I believe.
    Does that mean that there will be no useful past papers? How fun, we'll be the experimental year:awesome::awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frostyy)
    Does that mean that there will be no useful past papers? How fun, we'll be the experimental year:awesome::awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For further maths aqa there are four practice paper sets and 4 past paper series (I think)
    You could also do core one past papers to brush up some skills. They don't include matrices and may include stuff like sequences and integration which we don't need to know but have useful quality questions. There's hundreds of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I assume you're talking about level2 further maths lol
    But maths next year won't change for us. We are the last year for maths in a modular way

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel like absolute **** i hate life right now
    Pls someone just help me
    I wanted an A in English lit SOO BAD!
    But i feel like I've messed up real bad..in the off mice and men second question I realised after the main quote was 'flopped like a fish' however i was rishing so much i didnt even read the whole extract thoroughly have I completely messed up,?my ca is an A..and if this is a low B.what will i need in poetry to be able to still try and get an A

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There are spec papers online

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd imagine there'll be sample papers online...
    But yes, you'll have to search through others for questions on the topics still included :giggle:

You are very much the experimental year - enjoy the low grade boundaries

(Original post by EXAMS//2015)
    I feel like absolute **** i hate life right now
    Pls someone just help me
    I wanted an A in English lit SOO BAD!
    But i feel like I've messed up real bad..in the off mice and men second question I realised after the main quote was 'flopped like a fish' however i was rishing so much i didnt even read the whole extract thoroughly have I completely messed up,?my ca is an A..and if this is a low B.what will i need in poetry to be able to still try and get an A
    Hey,

Firstly - breathe.
    I'm sure you haven't done as badly as you think :yep:
    I messed up the first paper, and still managed to get a high A overall - I'm now doing Eng Lit at A2 :yep:

Concentrate on the Poetry paper - if you can do amazingly in that then you will easily get an A.

Stay positive :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuth)
    I'd imagine there'll be sample papers online...
    But yes, you'll have to search through others for questions on the topics still included :giggle:

You are very much the experimental year - enjoy the low grade boundaries

Hey,

Firstly - breathe.
    I'm sure you haven't done as badly as you think :yep:
    I messed up the first paper, and still managed to get a high A overall - I'm now doing Eng Lit at A2 :yep:

Concentrate on the Poetry paper - if you can do amazingly in that then you will easily get an A.

Stay positive :hugs:
    do u know roughly what grade u might have git in the first and second..and ur ca..
    i cant breather:'( feel like ive let everyone down

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.