• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I expect talks with America to start soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same, in one day though we've demonstrated why it was good to leave the EU, to pursue those trade deals.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Interestingly, our first trade talks look to be getting underway, with Ghana (http://pulse.com.gh/business/after-b...id5188747.html)

Yes, but we celebrate our own and the achievements of our people. Again, being patriotic is not about using the achievements of others to feel good about yourself, it's about celebrating this country. I'm offended because of the way that you are so shamefully dismissive of this country and those that don't agree with your somewhat unusual views. I'm offended because you are calling me stupid for being proud of this great country.
    But the achievements don't belong to the country!!! They are individuals who just happened to be born here I just don't see how that is hard for you to accept. And I personally see all countries for what they are, arbitrary divisions we use to spread hate and fear. Countries are boarders are nothing more than arbitrary and they shouldn't not divide us.
    Also a country cannot be great because it has done nothing but exist in the minds of people. I feel that you are offended because I'm challenging a core belief of yours and making you question things you never have before. I might be wrong but it's a common reaction.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    But the achievements don't belong to the country!!! They are individuals who just happened to be born here I just don't see how that is hard for you to accept. And I personally see all countries for what they are, arbitrary divisions we use to spread hate and fear. Countries are boarders are nothing more than arbitrary and they shouldn't not divide us.
    Also a country cannot be great because it has done nothing but exist in the minds of people. I feel that you are offended because I'm challenging a core belief of yours and making you question things you never have before. I might be wrong but it's a common reaction.
    No, you offend me because you are patronising in this post (BIB), because of how you have no love for this country whatsoever, and because you think that you are right, when I can tell you that you are oh so wrong. Nation states unite us, not against the world, but as communities who then engage with the world. I feel very sorry for you if all you can see is hate and fear in nation states.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    No, you offend me because you are patronising in this post (BIB), because of how you have no love for this country whatsoever, and because you think that you are right, when I can tell you that you are oh so wrong. Nation states unite us, not against the world, but as communities who then engage with the world. I feel very sorry for you if all you can see is hate and fear in nation states.
    All I see is hate and fear between nation states. And I don't see how I'm objectively wrong when all my responces have been logical and yours have been an appeal to emotion.
    Love for a country you just happened to be born in is illogical and irrational.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    All I see is hate and fear between nation states. And I don't see how I'm objectively wrong when all my responces have been logical and yours have been an appeal to emotion.
    Love for a country you just happened to be born in is illogical and irrational.
    We'll leave it here I think - I'm sure that you find my patriotism just as sickening as I did your disdain for this great country.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    We'll leave it here I think - I'm sure that you find my patriotism just as sickening as I did your disdain for this great country.
    Almost certainly, if not more so. I guess we will never see eye to eye.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Same, in one day though we've demonstrated why it was good to leave the EU, to pursue those trade deals.
    I also expect most of the other EU partners will follow Ghana's lead too, given most are similarly small

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's amazing the amount of people wanting to take the vote away from people, it's like history hasn't shown them it is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)

I thought this might interest you mobbsy91 Jammy Duel Rakas21, I am hearing from a friend in the Tory circle that backbench MPs are agreeing to support a bid to make Andrea Leadsom party leader.
    Is there a move for the Tories to choose a Brexit supporter that is not Boris?

ReputationRep:
    Aph toronto353

Fwiw, I don't think patriotism should extend much beyond sporting and cultural events. I mean I always want my country to win in the football and the rugby, and I love St Patricks Day, but it's not something you should carry with you in your day to day lives and it should not influence your political views.

ReputationRep:
    Just seen a load of remainers spreading conspiracy theories that the vote was rigged to favour brexit. So much for being self righteous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    Just seen a load of remainers spreading conspiracy theories that the vote was rigged to favour brexit. So much for being self righteous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There are rumours that Cameron stood down so he wouldn't have to trigger article 50, May wins and then announces that she has Decided we are better off in to protect the economy and the referendum is forgotten.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    There are rumours that Cameron stood down so he wouldn't have to trigger article 50, May wins and then announces that she has Decided we are better off in to protect the economy and the referendum is forgotten.
    That won't happen though, if the referendum is ignored it will only increase tension between parliament and the people and we would end up with something like a UKIP government or a new party,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    More conspiracies...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    That won't happen though, if the referendum is ignored it will only increase tension between parliament and the people and we would end up with something like a UKIP government or a new party,
    Given its 4 years to the general election it's possible to see the referendum forgotten by 2020. But I do agree it won't happen.

ReputationRep:
    Is that all the losing side have to offer? Conspiracy theories and the blame game?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    It delays having to trigger Article 50 for a few months so there can be some discussions about the terms of post exit relationships.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    It delays having to trigger Article 50 for a few months so there can be some discussions about the terms of post exit relationships.
    It isn't in the EU's interests to pre-negotiate with us so they won't.
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    Is that all the losing side have to offer? Conspiracy theories and the blame game?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what else? Oh yeah.... 2 independence referendums and shared ownersHip of Gibraltar... And London feeling more isolated and more out of step with the rmest Of England.
    We'd be better Off spilting the country.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people talk like London and Scotland deserve more than the rest of the country? The majority have spoken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Why do people talk like London and Scotland deserve more than the rest of the country? The majority have spoken.
    I say this as a londoner.

They are like spoilt children too used to getting their own way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.