Somebody say birthday?

ReputationRep:
    Sexy David Tennant!! Woooo. :p:

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Somebody say birthday?

It was indeed! Alas, I didn't get a cake like that

In fact, I didn't even get a cake :sad:...

ReputationRep:
    Bake your own cake :unimpressed:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Information regarding spoilers: Please use spoiler tags when posting a spoiler such as a leaked image or piece of information about a future episode or twist. Similarly, if you are responding to a spoiler with your own speculation - please use a spoiler tag.

Join society now! :tardis:

Welcome to the "Doctor Who - Speculation and Discussion" thread. This is the thread for all general discussion pertaining to the Who universe - be it past, present or future episodes.

Torchwood discussion takes place in the Torchwood thread. You can also join the Torchwood Society here.

Series 5 episode threads

Episode 1 - The Eleventh Hour
    Episode 2 - The Beast Below
    Episode 3 - Victory of the Daleks
    Episode 4 - The Time of Angels
    Episode 5 - Flesh and Stone
    Episode 6 - The Vampires of Venice
    Episode 7 - Amy's Choice
    Episode 8 - The Hungry Earth
    Episode 9 - Cold Blood
    Episode 10 - Vincent and the Doctor
    Episode 11 - The Lodger
    Episode 12 - The Pandorica Opens
    Episode 13 - The Big Bang
    Favourite episode of Series 5

Series 6 episode threads

:unimpressed:

is it a bad time to say that i worked on the sets for season 6 of doctor who for university? although i can't say a damned thing as i signed a contract to keep my trap shut until the series return in easter

(Original post by big-boss-91)
    is it a bad time to say that i worked on the sets for season 6 of doctor who for university? although i can't say a damned thing as i signed a contract to keep my trap shut until the series return in easter
    LIES! :fuhrer:

You're worse than DoktaUH and his counting/Rani speculation

:shifty:

We need Severus Snape and his truth-telling potion, Veritaserum. Somebody fetch Severus.

ReputationRep:

how ironic that you call me a liar when i was indeed telling the truth

how ironic that you call me a liar when i was indeed telling the truth
    I believe you. :awesome:

Though I can imagine working on set to lessen the experience and appreciation somewhat of the final product, some may say that it enhances the overall experience, but (from the little of ...) watching behind the scenes work and set management detracts me from the experience. It's like explaining the science behind the Northern Lights, you don't really want to know.

Maybe that's just me. Probably.

ReputationRep:
    Very bad time.

ReputationRep:
    Though I can imagine working on set to lessen the experience and appreciation somewhat of the final product, some may say that it enhances the overall experience, but (from the little of ...) watching behind the scenes work and set management detracts me from the experience. It's like explaining the science behind the Northern Lights, you don't really want to know.

Maybe that's just me. Probably.
    i understand what you mean, it actually feels magical being on the sets for doctor who (the Tardis and a set for one of the episode). it doesn't ruin the the experience as the script is classified to the set designers and the constructors workers. only the production designer read the script and simply told the designers to design a certain item or set etc.

i know what the new set is based on but i will never know what will happen on the set.

watching doctor who after being on the Tardis actually enhanced the viewing experience knowing how the knobs and buttons works

although sometimes when you hear rumours on the set, the rumours are often true and real. i don't think this is spoiler worthy but all the doctor who's aliens that appeared before will never return this season, all villains and aliens are original.. thats what the rumour we hear was

ReputationRep:

You called....

Badger

ReputationRep:
    i understand what you mean, it actually feels magical being on the sets for doctor who (the Tardis and a set for one of the episode). it doesn't ruin the the experience as the script is classified to the set designers and the constructors workers. only the production designer read the script and simply told the designers to design a certain item or set etc.

i know what the new set is based on but i will never know what will happen on the set.

watching doctor who after being on the Tardis actually enhanced the viewing experience knowing how the knobs and buttons works

although sometimes when you hear rumours on the set, the rumours are often true and real. i don't think this is spoiler worthy but all the doctor who's aliens that appeared before will never return this season, all villains and aliens are original.. thats what the rumour we hear was

Unfortunately set spies have revealed (via photographs) that this rumour is false, and there are indeed returning aliens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Unfortunately set spies have revealed (via photographs) that this rumour is false, and there are indeed returning aliens.
    I think anyone with sense would've taken that rumour with a pinch of salt, theres no way there'd be a season without Daleks (they even got some into the specials year ffs.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    ah the sontarians? i said that there won't be any old "enemies", for all we know, they could be allies or a separate plot fighting the mysterious silence

ReputationRep:
    I worked on the set too.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Matt Smith will return

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    I worked on the set too.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Matt Smith will return
    :woo:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.