Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    under what name?
    Ronaldo VII. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle714097.html

ReputationRep:
    Not that I'm a fan of this, but you see the best football in the Premier league in the best seats then you should probably pay the highest price.

Top level teams charge way too much anyway... 6.5 percent is neither here nor there... it's all dumb.

ReputationRep:
    People really need to know about economies of scale - what many forget is that we have the longest waiting list for season tickets of any sports franchise in the whole world.

By increasing ticket prices that will help alleviate the queue.

Many people will be more than happy to shell out the extra 6.5% to watch Arsenal play.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not usually into the reserves and other young players here at Arsenal, many of them don't make it in all honesty and 'potential' is a word I'm' starting to hate.

But Ryo Miyaichi looks like a real prospect, plays at Feyenoord and is having a great season so far. His team mates and many of the supporters wore black armbands/waved the Japan flag.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/ryo-miyaichi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    I'm not usually into the reserves and other young players here at Arsenal, many of them don't make it in all honesty and 'potential' is a word I'm' starting to hate.

But Ryo Miyaichi looks like a real prospect, plays at Feyenoord and is having a great season so far. His team mates and many of the supporters wore black armbands/waved the Japan flag.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/ryo-miyaichi
    It looks like he could be a Ljungberg type of player.

ReputationRep:
    I've been watching a few of his games on YT and he really looks the part - needs some work on his final ball but his skill, strength and raw pace is outstanding.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    People really need to know about economies of scale - what many forget is that we have the longest waiting list for season tickets of any sports franchise in the whole world.

By increasing ticket prices that will help alleviate the queue.

Many people will be more than happy to shell out the extra 6.5% to watch Arsenal play.
    Economies of scale? Surely this is just excess demand for tickets (or a supply shortage, whichever way you want to think about it, though 60,000 is not an insubstantial capacity).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    A question that's been asked before, but still an interesting one: does Wenger misuse the captain's armband? Thoughts?
    Tbf, this article to raise a good point about appointing Henry captain as he left so soon. But, I don't believe that Wenger (or anyone) expected Henry to leave within 2 season and like everyone else said who else will take the armband. Hindsight is truly a wonderful thing.

But disagree with the rest of it.
    What the issue with giving a CB no10 and a RB no3.:dontknow:

Ferguson hit with five game ban, to miss Arsenal game

How much effect do you guys think this will have? I'd say not a lot... Is he still allowed to give the half-time talk?

ReputationRep:
    FA are stupid.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think touchline bans will do much, but it will stop him embarrassing himself with his moaning and watch tapping.

Perhaps we'll see a minute less Fergie time each game.

I think he's still allowed to go and shout at his players at half time... yes.

ReputationRep:
    Ferguson's will to win clouds his judgements and impacts upon his behaviour. He's no saint but you don't achieve what he has in his management career without being a bit of a **** sometimes/sometimes quite often. He's a bad loser, just like Wenger, just like many other top managers.

At least there's this enormous will to win. Something you don't always get with some Arsenal players tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I know about this, at least we're still "on track", at least according to the Club. However, I did say that Wenger has amazing financial credentials...

(Original post by Abiraleft)
    Tbf Rosicky was only deputizing for the injured, wasn't he? The article says that neither Henry nor Fabregas should have been appointed captain.

While I'm not that sure about Henry and Gallas, I do think Fabregas is the best choice we have right now.
    Yeah, I don't think we've ever had a strong character ever since the likes of Vieira and Lehmann left. Henry and Gallas were good as players but when it came to leadership, they were meh.

Yeah, Fabregas is pretty much the same case now. That said a few years from now Wilshere is bound to get the armband, his work rate and determination is fantastic and he'd be a stronger player mentally as well. Szczesny could also be a potential leader, he's a good player and he speaks his mind. (Y)

(Original post by rhinger)
    Yeah, I don't think we've ever had a strong character ever since the likes of Vieira and Lehmann left. Henry and Gallas were good as players but when it came to leadership, they were meh.
    I'd agree. Though I do think Gallas had leadership quality, but that he simply hadn't integrated into the club well enough to be given the armband. Silva or, as you've said, Lehman might have been better choices at the time.

Yeah, Fabregas is pretty much the same case now. That said a few years from now Wilshere is bound to get the armband, his work rate and determination is fantastic and he'd be a stronger player mentally as well. Szczesny could also be a potential leader, he's a good player and he speaks his mind. (Y)
    I think Szczesny is likelier than Wilshere to get it; Wilshere shows amazing drive, but Szczesny is a better organizer and seems more communicative in general. Though his occasional petulance might count against him.

I think even more suited to the role, however, is Vermaelen. He's determined, he's organized, and he's collected. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Goalkeepers are never my first choice for captains becuase, whilst they're vocal they're immobile so communicating with the wingers/strikers is practically impossible.

(Original post by Hantheman)
    Goalkeepers are never my first choice for captains becuase, whilst they're vocal they're immobile so communicating with the wingers/strikers is practically impossible.
    Well, I'd say communication is most important amongst the defence anyway. Up front, in a very good team, it should be almost telepathic. And the role of the captain is not to constantly tell the team what to do, just to organize them when they need organizing.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. Cant believe you actually got lehmann back again. They is a reason why you got rid of him. HE IS ****!"!! EPIC FAIL.

Arsenals big day out!.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7PLMV3pWYI

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakapaka)
    Oh dear. Cant believe you actually got lehmann back again. They is a reason why you got rid of him. HE IS ****!"!! EPIC FAIL.

Arsenals big day out!.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7PLMV3pWYI
    Old. And old.

ReputationRep:
    Jens on twitter ''I have arrived. The old familiar smells of the training ground. Wet boots, muddy kit, and stench of dyed blonde Spanish fear. Love it.'' :rofl2:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.