Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    I have been having a few thoughts about a criticism that is often aimed at our generation, that we cannot support ourselves and that we are spoilt etc.

But, does anyone else feel like the odds are stacked against us compared to these older generations who are criticising us? People I know of my parent's generation owned houses in their early 20's. These days, I know very few people who are working jobs that they actually like (most of these jobs are absolutely miserable Mcjob office roles) and studied for. In fact, many graduates are scraping by with any job they can get if they are lucky. Because of the UK property market being the way it is, not many of us are going to be homeowners (inheritance does not count in this point) and therefore starting a secure family in the future is not going to be easy. I know very few people who are actually truly happy.

Overall, quality of life is stable compared to third worlders, yes. But that is not exactly much to shout about.
    Real talk here.

I know how you feel. If you're not on 50k a year then it's going to be tough for you to get a house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Yeah i watched the first 3 episodes last week. Seems really interesting and the story line seems unique imo. Love it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The idea behind it is good, but the producers need to up their game. Having said that I've only seen the pilot, so hopefully its going to get better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LosingDogs)
    Using a film (Internship) as motivation to find a graduate job. I imagine myself as the Vince Vaughn/Owen Wilson hybrid amongst my peers, nowhere near as technical or advanced, but a steely determination and good looks abound. I see the KPMG recruitment officer as Chetty- a man with many reservations but also a deep-rooted faith towards myself, willing me on yet simultaneously kicking me down. I've also met my Graham- a snooty student on my course, merely using him as an incentive to stick the boot in, and to conquer against all odds. I take great inspiration from Billy, who resisted the urge to punch him in the face physically, but ultimately achieving this aim metaphorically. Let the games begin!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you met Professor X yet?

ReputationRep:
    Watched first episode of Apprentice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    They get worse each year, now they are chosen for pure entertainment value.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Robert and Scott went in today's episode. You're welcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you're on ignore list

ReputationRep:
    Real talk here.

I know how you feel. If you're not on 50k a year then it's going to be tough for you to get a house.
    It's a joke. My dad got £500 a week in the 80's waiting tables in his student days (outside London). Top graduates these days would basically cannibalise each other to get that in a ****ty office job. (Not that this was the norm, obviously.)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    It's a joke. My dad got £500 a week in the 80's waiting tables in his student days (outside London). Top graduates these days would basically cannibalise each other to get that in a ****ty office job. (Not that this was the norm, obviously.)
    Like **** did he, even by todays standards that is £25k per year but £500 in the eighties is like £1400 today. Your average top division footballer probably didn't take home much more than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Like **** did he, even by todays standards that is £25k per year but £500 in the eighties is like £1400 today. Your average top division footballer probably didn't take home much more than that.
    I am sure. They earnt a ****load and a lot of them who were not business minded used the money to save up and live into old age till today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LosingDogs)
    Robert and Scott went in today's episode. You're welcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    just got back home from work.
    thanks for that mate.

Yeah you're on ignore list
    feel your pain man...

ReputationRep:
    No respect for people who think revealing spoilers are funny in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    No respect for people who think revealing spoilers are funny in the slightest.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahah u like m8

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahah u like m8

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol I was watching the show anyway, it wasn't spoiled for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    lol I was watching the show anyway, it wasn't spoiled for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Luke always quotes me in the Liverpool thread and I feel violated every time :'(

ReputationRep:
    tbh with the spoiler thing above, I don't even watch them closely enough to know who is who, I'm on my phone throughout lol.

They hardly showed the black guy in this episode, he looks like good TV potential. Also the slutty blonde girl and the mixed race solicitor girl, think there's good potential there.

Also there's a guy called Solly right. YOUR NAME IS SULAYMAN BRUV DO NOT CALL YOURSELF SOLLY

solly ****ing hell

ReputationRep:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    That's amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I rarely sing out loud to songs if ever, but when this comes on, you just KNOW you have to

Man said Bieber refuses to perform cause of a cold where as this guy performs whilst dying of AIDS

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 5, 2015
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.