Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EXAMS//2015)
    do u know roughly what grade u might have git in the first and second..and ur ca..
    i cant breather:'( feel like ive let everyone down
    I could find out for you later tonight?
    I'm not at home at the moment, but it's on my exam results sheet.

You haven't let anyone down. Promise.
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuth)
    I could find out for you later tonight?
    I'm not at home at the moment, but it's on my exam results sheet.

You haven't let anyone down. Promise.
    :hugs:
    please doo..:bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Omg tomorrow I have maths and catering I have revised very little catering because maths is more important.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    maths tomorrow and i want it all to end already...
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    maths tomorrow and i want it all to end already...
    Good luck! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    Just so you all know - I've been informed that there is no international paper for the Edexcel GCSE Maths exam tomorrow. This means that people in different time zones will be doing the same paper, with some people starting at different times. As a result, I'd suggest (although won't be strictly enforcing unless I get word tomorrow from the higher ups) that you guys be careful in what you discuss (I'd say until midnight). This is to prevent people who will do the paper after you from gaining an unfair advantage and to prevent you guys from being disadvantaged.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Just so you all know - I've been informed that there is no international paper for the Edexcel GCSE Maths exam tomorrow. This means that people in different time zones will be doing the same paper, with some people starting at different times. As a result, I'd suggest (although won't be strictly enforcing unless I get word tomorrow from the higher ups) that you guys be careful in what you discuss (I'd say until midnight). This is to prevent people who will do the paper after you from gaining an unfair advantage and to prevent you guys from being disadvantaged.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow.
    I have a question, how does this work? :giggle:
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    I have a question, how does this work? :giggle:
    How does what work?

A couple of years ago, we used to have a strict policy regarding Edexcel exam discussion. :yep: Basically, Edexcel exams that were done in the morning could not be discussed until midnight and afternoon exams couldn't be discussed until 4:30am the following day. It was a very strict rule and people couldn't even say things like "I found it hard" or "I dropped my pencil" because of how easy it was for small things like that to descend into discussion. Any discussion would lead to 10 warning points (basically a yellow card but a bit worse ). We had a clever way to prevent posts like that being posted or for us to catch them straight away but I can't go into that because we use the same method for other things and so people will try to find ways round it.

Then last year, this rule was abolished mainly because it was brought to our attention that Edexcel began using international papers for different time zones. As that doesn't appear to be the case tomorrow though, I'm suggesting that you all don't discuss it until midnight. :yep:

Don't you have the exam tomorrow? If so, shouldn't you be getting rest so that you're alert and everything tomorrow? :sly:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    How does what work?

A couple of years ago, we used to have a strict policy regarding Edexcel exam discussion. :yep: Basically, Edexcel exams that were done in the morning could not be discussed until midnight and afternoon exams couldn't be discussed until 4:30am the following day. It was a very strict rule and people couldn't even say things like "I found it hard" or "I dropped my pencil" because of how easy it was for small things like that to descend into discussion. Any discussion would lead to 10 warning points (basically a yellow card but a bit worse ). We had a clever way to prevent posts like that being posted or for us to catch them straight away but I can't go into that because we use the same method for other things and so people will try to find ways round it.

Then last year, this rule was abolished mainly because it was brought to our attention that Edexcel began using international papers for different time zones. As that doesn't appear to be the case tomorrow though, I'm suggesting that you all don't discuss it until midnight. :yep:

Don't you have the exam tomorrow? If so, shouldn't you be getting rest so that you're alert and everything tomorrow? :sly:
    I see... But my question was about GCSE's in other countries - isn't that what IGCSE is for? :giggle:

I do have a exam tomorrow, edexcel maths in fact. :rofl: but I can't sleep and yeah...

ReputationRep:
    Got 64 on the first paper, around 55 on this one. Medical career over, **** my life and edexcel, but edexcel especially.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i hate my life
    all i wanted to do was prove everyone wrong and get amazing results so i can throw it back in they face and i cnt even do that:'(

ReputationRep:
    How does what work?

Obviously some ******* is going to give the questions. If not on TSR, than elsewhere - would this make the gradw boundaries higher for everyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I remember when we had to wait till midnight to talk about the exam. Sad times

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    I see... But my question was about GCSE's in other countries - isn't that what IGCSE is for? :giggle:

I do have a exam tomorrow, edexcel maths in fact. :rofl: but I can't sleep and yeah...
    People abroad still do GCSE exams. :yes: I hope you got enough sleep for your exam. :awesome:

(Original post by frostyy)
    Obviously some ******* is going to give the questions. If not on TSR, than elsewhere - would this make the gradw boundaries higher for everyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If others would gain an unfair advantage out of it then yes, it potentially could I'm afraid. :grumble: It's a stupid system to be honest. Exam boards really need to realise we have something called the internet so people will inevitably discuss answers to help themselves calm down or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EXAMS//2015)
    i hate my life
    all i wanted to do was prove everyone wrong and get amazing results so i can throw it back in they face and i cnt even do that:'(
    Same! I'm terrified for results day even though I haven't finished all my exams
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    The only exam I wanted to pass is maths.

Yet I've failed.

Epically.

ReputationRep:
    The only exam I wanted to pass is maths.

Yet I've failed.

Epically.
    I feel you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm so so upset right now I cannot fail maths I don't think anyone understands. I need a C to get into my college. And I'm so scared I didn't get it. The only thing that's keeping me sane is the fact that i only answered like 5 questions in my mock and got a C but for these exams I attempted to answer everything (even if I didn't get them right) but I need a C I'm so scared I legit want to cry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaxo)
    I'm so so upset right now I cannot fail maths I don't think anyone understands. I need a C to get into my college. And I'm so scared I didn't get it. The only thing that's keeping me sane is the fact that i only answered like 5 questions in my mock and got a C but for these exams I attempted to answer everything (even if I didn't get them right) but I need a C I'm so scared I legit want to cry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The grade boundaries should be slightly lower and if not, you only need around 50/200 to get a C grade overall, that roughly 25% on each paper (if you done higher). Anyway, there are lots of method marks available so even if the answers were wrong, you can still get a decent grade overall. Try not to worry yourself, it was a hard paper so it's understandable that they will take this into consideration😩

ReputationRep:
    I'm in really desperate need of motivation. I'm more than half way through, but the exams I have left are the hardest, and I have just been procrastinating a lot.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.