Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Origin of the pancake)
Aww, :hugs: I wouldnt be bored if you wanted to tell them

Im ok, just numb in a bubble feeling
:hugs:

Just a lot of stuff really. Lack of job, lack of friends here, lack of privacy and space, lack of money...my usual issue. Just chatted to my manager at Marie Curie on Facebook. Took my mind off things for a while. I just need more confidence
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
6 hours of being patronized by someone too stupid to become a doctor?
do you ever try to be genuinely helpful?

bete noir; did your counsellor not talk to you about a recovery plan or anything? I'd guess that you'll just talk about your problems and they will listen and offer advice. it really depends on the counsellor though, so it may be best to ask him/her what the plan is (if there is one).
Origin of the pancake
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
:hugs:

Just a lot of stuff really. Lack of job, lack of friends here, lack of privacy and space, lack of money...my usual issue. Just chatted to my manager at Marie Curie on Facebook. Took my mind off things for a while. I just need more confidence
:hugs: Aww, i can see why they would get you down, money in particular is a big stressor :sadnod:

If you want to chat to me then you can
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: Aww, i can see why they would get you down, money in particular is a big stressor :sadnod:

If you want to chat to me then you can
:hugs: thanks. how are you today? x
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by death.drop)
do you ever try to be genuinely helpful?

well I don't post meaningless hugging smilies if that's what passes for genuinely helpful around here. But yes, I do offer genuine help and advice. And anything else I say is based on my opinion of whatever I'm commenting about. If you don't like it then either report me, ignore me, or PM me; there's no need to be snide about it.
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
well I don't post meaningless hugging smilies if that's what passes for genuinely helpful around here. But yes, I do offer genuine help and advice. And anything else I say is based on my opinion of whatever I'm commenting about. If you don't like it then either report me, ignore me, or PM me; there's no need to be snide about it.
it's just that a lot of people who are posting here will be fragile (for lack of a better word) and looking for support.

if someone asks about counselling (which they're doing because they feel they need help) then instead of leaving some catty negative comment, how about don't? even if you do find counselling patronising, then there are better ways to say it that don't make people feel **** about themselves.

if someone says they're starting a type of therapy as a last resort then instead of outright ****ging it off and telling them it will fail before it has a chance to succeed, how about suggesting something which you think would be helpful?

I just think that as someone who has issues herself you would have a bit more sensitivity to people who are likely to be clutching at straws.
Origin of the pancake
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: thanks. how are you today? x
im ok, just blurry/numb. Had a good day?
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
death drop, stop causing dissention in the society, it's not helpful. I already told you, report it or take it to PM.
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My flatmate keeps asking me if I'm going to go out on this pub crawl with him and his mates... I just want to curl up in a ball and cry, tbh. Feel like **** atm.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
im ok, just blurry/numb. Had a good day?
Could have been worse I guess. What did you do today?

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
My flatmate keeps asking me if I'm going to go out on this pub crawl with him and his mates... I just want to curl up in a ball and cry, tbh. Feel like **** atm.
hmm...tricky one. If they're starting at Woody's, I'd suggest go along for one or two drinks and then go home. That's what I did once. Was a good combination of both
Origin of the pancake
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Could have been worse I guess. What did you do today?
Thats good in a way I didnt do much tbh, did some shopping and caught up on some work, pretty boring really
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
Perhaps it's worth forcing yourself to go out, it might make you feel better. Would it make you feel any worse to go out to you think?
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't know them though, and there's no cash machine up here so I don't have any change on me. I think I'll just stay here and start to read the book for the week after nexts lit seminar.

VSM, it probably wouldn't be the funnest night of my life.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm sure bars will accept a card. There must be a cash machine somewhere you're going?!

That's a good thing that you don't know them, it forces you to chat to new people and make new friends. Can be quite refreshing to spend time with people you don't know well. Maybe like pink_sapphires said, go out for an hour or two then go home.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm fed up. Thinking of waking up tomorrow and being faced with another day like today just makes me feel sick
Origin of the pancake
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm fed up. Thinking of waking up tomorrow and being faced with another day like today just makes me feel sick
I feel the same It sucks doesnt it. I also feel ridiculously nervous/worried, but i dont know what about
gooner1991
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I feel like crap..My 18th birthday's coming up and my mum's pestering me to have a big party.slight problem:I only have two real friends.I dont even want to turn 18.I dont go out anyways so its not even a big deal.

I hate my job too.Everyone's much older than me and they all go out to clubs together but i cant go because i've never really spoken to any of them coz im too shy and most of them are really rude and stuck up plus i dont think they'd ever invite me.they're all so confident and bubbly and gorgeous (i work at abercrombie and fitch btw) and i feel like this insignificant weirdo who just hovers around.

Im so awful at making conversation with people.Even at college i just get scared that they'll laugh at what i have to say so i dont say much.

My self esteem is on the floor and to top it all off i wont get to see my psychiatrist until march 3rd.Sigh.
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gooner1991)
I feel like crap..My 18th birthday's coming up and my mum's pestering me to have a big party.slight problem:I only have two real friends.I dont even want to turn 18.I dont go out anyways so its not even a big deal.

I hate my job too.Everyone's much older than me and they all go out to clubs together but i cant go because i've never really spoken to any of them coz im too shy and most of them are really rude and stuck up plus i dont think they'd ever invite me.they're all so confident and bubbly and gorgeous (i work at abercrombie and fitch btw) and i feel like this insignificant weirdo who just hovers around.

Im so awful at making conversation with people.Even at college i just get scared that they'll laugh at what i have to say so i dont say much.

My self esteem is on the floor and to top it all off i wont get to see my psychiatrist until march 3rd.Sigh.
Hey, for my 18th I had a really small friends only party... Had a whale of a time, because it was all about me and not worrying who was being *****y to who in the back who I didn't even know. Plus it was much cheaper! I didn't go out before I got to uni, but it didn't stop me from having a great party. I saw a post on here a while back that said (the OP) just had a couple of friends and family to an expensive restaurant on her 18th - What about that?

At least you've stuck there, I worked with *****y people and I couldn't take it so I quit!
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gooner1991)

You work at A&F?????? I am sooooooooooooo jealous!!!!!!!! I know how you feel though. I've only been in there once and the staff are just so beautiful and I felt really really inferior

As for your 18th...explain to your Mum that you'd rather just have a quiet gathering. Go out for a meal or something. You don't have to have a massive party for your 18th. I did and it was really good and how I met Gavin, but loads and loads of my friends didn't do anything at all. It's YOUR birthday and you shouldn't be made to feel uncomfortable about it.

As for March 3rd, remember that February is a short month. You can get there. It's what, 17 days away? We can all help you for those 17 days. Have you got any plans for between now and then?

:hugs: for you! xx
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't recall doing anything special for my 18th, I wouldn't worry about it.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (112)
38.75%
No - but I will (13)
4.5%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.92%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (144)
49.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise