Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Troll Toll)
    Only the designated QB is allowed the radio helmet.
    Think you're allowed one on D too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedgeman49)
    That would make sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedgeman49)
    You are yeah, Briggs has the Bears, Lewis used to do it for the Ravens etc. but they've only been implemented recently (2008) whereas offence has had them for ages.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing more interesting than debating quaterbacks, Want to know what you guys think of these rankings, I'm not including the obvious ones (peyton, aaron, tom and drew)
    1) russell wilson- no star receiver, slow TE, but makes everyone better. Consummate pro, rocket arm, best scrambler, deadly accurate.
    2)Matt ryan- gets this slot on numbers, but when you're on a team with roddy white, julio jones and tony gonzalez, you have a lot of help.
    3) Big Ben- never really had a good O-line, he still manages to make plays. seems to be delclining but 2 superbowls keeps him here.
    4) Eli manning- purely on 2 superbowls, otherwise he's not top ten, throws way too many picks.
    5) Andrew luck- wasn't a fan at first but this dude can play, prototypical quaterback with great mechanics and good scrambling ability. needs to cut down on the picks.
    6) RG3(fully fit)- rare dual threat talent, throws very accurate deep ball. potential to be best in the league with more pocket passing experience( disclaimer- redskins fan)
    7)tony romo- makes plays when he shouldn't and very accurate at times but lets you down when you least expect.
    8)colin kaepernick- RG3 lite for now. inconsistent accuracy.needs to show he can beat a good defense.
    9) Jay cutler- strongest arm in the league, makes too many bad decisions.
    10) phillip rivers- after two bad seasons, he's starting to roll back the years

just missed out- matthew stafford, cam newton.- need to show they can win

ReputationRep:
    You missed out Glennon. Gonna lead the bucs to 13-3.

ReputationRep:
    Next big QB in the NFL - Jameis Winston - FSU

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jameis_Winston

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think it's pretty weird to have rankings without explaining what they are being ranked on.

When you're comparing actual aptitude with random stuff like Superbowl rings it's just a total dice roll.

ReputationRep:
    As for the basis of the rankings, I thought of it as a simple draft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tdebs)
    There's nothing more interesting than debating quaterbacks, Want to know what you guys think of these rankings, I'm not including the obvious ones (peyton, aaron, tom and drew)
    1) russell wilson- no star receiver, slow TE, but makes everyone better. Consummate pro, rocket arm, best scrambler, deadly accurate.
    I like RW, but I think teams may figure him out eventually and defences will essentially evolve to defend against the kinds of threats that Wilson and Kaepernic pose.

The game is constantly changing.

ReputationRep:
    Week 4 predictions:

Thu:
    SF > STL

Sun:
    BAL > BUF
    CIN > CLE
    DET > CHI
    HOU > SEA
    IND > JAX
    KC > NYG
    MIN > PIT
    ARI > TB
    TEN > NYJ
    DEN > PHI
    WAS > OAK
    SD > DAL
    ATL > NE

Mon:
    NO > MIA

Got 8 right and 7 wrong last week
    I expect ATL to be pretty mad, and NE has yet to play a playoff calibre team. If NE pulls out a win here though, I fully expect them to repeat what they've done every season with Tom Brady behind centre; win ACFE.

Washington is due for a win now. Matching up against the Raiders is a perfect team to kick start your season. Detroit gets Reggie Bush back.

ReputationRep:
    35/48 for the season so far on espns pick em game. This week is super tough though. Genuinely think the rams have a chance tonight :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    35/48 for the season so far on espns pick em game. This week is super tough though. Genuinely think the rams have a chance tonight :/
    Nice.
    I agree also. SF need to right the ship now before players and fans begin to panic. It'd rub salt in the wound if Smith and the Chiefs get another win also. Division games are usually tough, and the Rams, although the record doesn't reflect too well, are a team I think should be taken seriously.

Thoughts on Freeman?

ReputationRep:
    TBH I was quite surprised they didn't send Glennon out in the 4th Q against the patriots. When they didn't I assumed he wasn't ready and that Freeman was locked in untill maybe week 12-13 and they would give Glennon a 3-4 game run. I just cant understand how we can go from around a T5 offense to a bottom 5 offense in the off season without anything really changing. We have a decent line, a few solid targets and a RB who I expect to mature into an elite franchise player. The only problem I have seen in the first 3 weeks in a lack of leadership, poor play calling and Freemans inability to kill a game off.

Something had to change.

ReputationRep:
    Rams have a truly awful run game.

ReputationRep:
    Bradford seems to be at the receiving end of a lot of criticism after last nights game too. Personally, I'm enjoying seeing the Rams suffer. They lured Jake Long away this offseason and we missed out on Jeff Fisher to them. In hindsight, it was actually a blessing. I've heard Rams fans aren't too happy with Jake. I can't comment as I've only seen about 1 quarter of Rams football this season.

ReputationRep:
    Finally out guys...

I'm back :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Finally out guys...

I'm back :woo:
    Where you been? :pirate2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Where you been? :pirate2:
    Actually joined the army haha served my 2 week confinement period today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Actually joined the army haha served my 2 week confinement period today
    Oh wow. Crazy! When you off to Iraq?

Seen much of the season so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Oh wow. Crazy! When you off to Iraq?

Seen much of the season so far?

No Iraq war or anything like that haha.

Still going through my BMT.

Sadly very behind on scores but real happy to see Patriots 3-0 however quite a few other 3-0's as well :sad:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.