Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samuel Spade)
    Has anyone heard anything from Christ Church for PPE?
    I'm applying for PPE at Christ Church too, and no I've not heard anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by em_lrob)
    I echo this - Univ what's going on???
    I was reallocated from Brasenose to Univ and got an interview from them for Chemistry on Monday, you should hear soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ada1197)
    Does anybody know something about Hertford and when it is going to send invitations/rejections?
    Hertford have given out History offers

ReputationRep:
    How much emphasis will be put on the personal statement in the interview (especially for English)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDHOrchard)
    history!
    Best of luck - please let me know whether you get summoned or not if you can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddso)
    How much emphasis will be put on the personal statement in the interview (especially for English)?
    I got to see a live English interview at Oxford as part of an application day, and they use your PS to choose the texts to discuss with you. Depending on your college, you are given a poem/text to read and analyse in front of them which often forms the bulk of the interview, as well as talking about texts you've studied before. It looked like quite a chill, relaxed interview and the interviewer was lovely. She was from Brasenose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    No-one seems to have heard from Trinity. At least I'm not the only one waiting for a response from them
    Sorry it took me so long to see- I also applied for Trinity (physics though) and haven't heard back. But two friends of mine who also have applied to Trinity got an interview (Biochemistry and Chemistry)- hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Any English applicants heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    hahah i'm panicking now that all the ppe interviews seem to be coming in
    anyone hear anything from st john's???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antigone-)
    I got to see a live English interview at Oxford as part of an application day, and they use your PS to choose the texts to discuss with you. Depending on your college, you are given a poem/text to read and analyse in front of them which often forms the bulk of the interview, as well as talking about texts you've studied before. It looked like quite a chill, relaxed interview and the interviewer was lovely. She was from Brasenose
    Me too! I remember the lady from Brasenose (she was wonderful wasn't she?) but we had the benefit of the Merton facilities and grounds did we not?
    I am very glad that I went; it really is important that people rest a little easier in the knowledge that the interview is meant as a relaxed discussion rather than a forceful interrogation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geems123)
    I haven't... Which college did you apply to? I applied to Corpus Christi and I haven't seen them hand out any offers for interview yet!

ReputationRep:
    Applying for English and French - nothiiiing T____T

ReputationRep:
    There has been one fortunate scholar who received an interview for English at St. John's, and I believe one or two rejections, but apart from those no news as of yet. Which college are you waiting on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtyQuell)
    There has been one fortunate scholar who received an interview for English at St. John's, and I believe one or two rejections, but apart from those no news as of yet. Which college are you waiting on?
    I'm waiting on Corpus Christi for English !! It's awful

ReputationRep:
    Nope... Still waiting to hear from St Hilda's.... :| but I know a few people have heard for English

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at Mansfield college for arabic and islamic studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilymacky)
    "The path to paradise begins in hell..."
    Hang in there my friend, we're all in the same boat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WinterApproaches)
    Of those who sat admissions tests, have you guys heard anything from New? (PPE in particular)
    I haven't I've applied for ppe at new college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilymacky)
    YES another Corpus applicant! You're the first one I've seen on TSR! Keeping my fingers crossed for your interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    YES another Corpus applicant! You're the first one I've seen on TSR! Keeping my fingers crossed for your interview
    You're the first one I've seen too! Aw good luck!!😅

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 30, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.