Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Semis to be france/england(if england don't get any of the other potential semi finalists in the quarters), germany, spain and italy.
    Sounds very much like the sheep-type comments of someone who knows very little about their football history who thinks the 4 semi-finalists will all be of the major nations. I guarantee there will be at least one (probably East European) dark horse making the semis, would be great if it was Poland or Ukraine or both. Everyone has been trying to justify England's chances by referring to boring Greece?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robocop1andahalf)
    Sounds very much like the sheep-type comments of someone who knows very little about their football history who thinks the 4 semi-finalists will all be of the major nations. I guarantee there will be at least one (probably East European) dark horse making the semis, would be great if it was Poland or Ukraine or both. Everyone has been trying to justify England's chances by referring to boring Greece?
    Not neccessarily, this really depends on the draw, provided there isn't a group of death, this most likely will happen, if there is a dark horse, i wouldn't know who it would be and i guarantee that it would be because of a less demanding draw i.e. uruguay getting to the semis, they had a pretty good team, but in reality they had an less tricky run.
    Poland unlikely, ukraine have a slim chance. Czech republic have a good chance if they don't have a tough group Croatia/russia are probably the most likely dark horses that can get to the semis. Depends on the draw, if the draw is kind to croatia and russia, one of the two will get to the semis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Not neccessarily, this really depends on the draw, provided there isn't a group of death, this most likely will happen, if there is a dark horse, i wouldn't know who it would be and i guarantee that it would be because of a less demanding draw i.e. uruguay getting to the semis, they had a pretty good team, but in reality they had an less tricky run.
    Poland unlikely, ukraine have a slim chance. Czech republic have a good chance if they don't have a tough group Croatia/russia are probably the most likely dark horses that can get to the semis. Depends on the draw, if the draw is kind to croatia and russia, one of the two will get to the semis.
    Czech Republic have looked very poor recently and Poland and Ukraine have (on some occasions) managed to make things difficult for the likes of Germany and Argentina in recent friendlies and as for dark horses I think Turkey and Russia had quite a challenge to get to the semis in 2008.

ReputationRep:
    Rooney tweeted he wants the position, does anyone think it should be offered to him?

ReputationRep:
    Lmao....

:laugh:

No.

ReputationRep:
    Stevie Gerrard

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1913304

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    Rooney tweeted he wants the position, does anyone think it should be offered to him?
    LMAO, the guy that got himself banned for 2 games at the euros, **** no ....

ReputationRep:
    It's a quote taken out of context. He said he would love to be captain but he want's it to be Gerrard.

ReputationRep:
    Joe Hart or Scotty Parker for England captain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aust1n)
    Joe Hart or Scotty Parker for England captain.
    Yeah, I hear they've got a combined total of 11 England caps.

Oh, and Rooney as captain?

Serious?

He doesn't even play half of the time. He's always conveniently 'injured' for the friendly's and then banned and doesn't do anything in major tournaments!

ReputationRep:
    So what's your predictions for the game against the Dutch tonight everyone

ReputationRep:
    No RVP for the Dutch.

I think 1-1.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Scott Parker named as Eng Captain for the day, thoughts? making way for Harry to be the new manager?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17204891

ReputationRep:
    Scott Parker was one of the better choices so i dont mind that.

Cant see us winning.

Lets get the 'we are England woo' bull**** out the way. We have a youthful, inexperienced transitional squad, they are Holland. Put two and two together = a loss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Scott Parker named as Eng Captain for the day, thoughts? making way for Harry to be the new manager?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17204891
    Surprised tbfh.

Has limited experience at playing at the highest level. He has 10 England caps and basically played a few minutes in Europe.

Was Newcastle's captain for 1 year, not sure if he was at West Ham but isn't at Spurs.

No doubt he has a leader personality but still think it's the wrong choice.

ReputationRep:
    Haha all those deluded LFC fans who wants Gerrard as captain.

1) he was captain in WC and England didn't play well, whilst in 2011 they went unbeaten when John Terry was captain
    2) its his first international back since injury
    3) he may not play much because he played 120 mins on Sunday, and got an important game on Saturday.
    4) its possibly only captain for the day

ReputationRep:
    Parker is expected to play the full 90 whereas Gerrard just played 120mins in the CC Final, I think it will be just for this game only.

Gerrard should get it for the Euros.

ReputationRep:
    Parker's a lower profile choice. Giving it to Gerrard now and then to someone else for the Euros would be a bigger issue than taking it off Parker, who's less likely to make a fuss, or at least the media are less likely to portray him as making a fuss. Parker's also more secure in his place, both tonight and in the summer. It's a complete non issue though, if Gerrard, Milner, Hart or whoever else need a little band round their arm to behave like a leader then they don't deserve it anyway.

Hart
    Richards, Cahill, Lescott, Cole
    Parker, Barry
    Walcott, Gerrard, Young
    Welbeck

Something like that tonight? Our options wide are quite uninspiring, was a great chance to give Chamberlain a chance but that has been missed, beyond that there aren't many putting their hand up. Hope to see Smalling alongside Lescott but expecting Cahill, although the bemusing decision not to call up Lescott originally makes me wonder if he'll actually start. He definitely deserves to. I'm not sure whether Gerrard is ready for a start after the weekend, if he's not i'm struggling to see who replaces him, Milner I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Surprised there is no thread for the match tonight but i believe that Holland will win, 2-0.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    So what's your predictions for the game against the Dutch tonight everyone
    I was going to say a comfortable 2-0 win for Holland, but having watched the opening stages I feel loath to predict. A 1-1 draw?

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.