• View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    Not really a thread reply fail - just doesn't have the context of the post it's replying to. It's replying to one of my posts - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=7519 - on the last page.

Ah hm, this is why you should use the Quote buttons people. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Quoting's a pain in the ass v_v

But yeah, if it's been a while since the previous post you probably should XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miluiel)
    R.I.P Nicholas Courtney

I'm looking forward to it being back on! I'm sad your calculations were wrong though because that means we have to wait longer. Is it true that they are splitting the series into two? One for Spring and one for Autumn.
    yes thats true, its to please the americans... ****ers

ReputationRep:
    Doctor Who. Aw. I'm feeling all nostalgic now, when's it back on again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    yes thats true, its to please the americans... ****ers
    How exactly does splitting the series in two please Americans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    How exactly does splitting the series in two please Americans?
    viewers ratings drops every season that have 9 month gap between the seasons and the BBC america (funded by advertisers) doesn't like it so they shorten the gap by splitting the seasons into half so the americans don't have to wait as long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    viewers ratings drops every season that have 9 month gap between the seasons and the BBC america (funded by advertisers) doesn't like it so they shorten the gap by splitting the seasons into half so the americans don't have to wait as long.
    Except the BBC doesn't worry about what the advertisers want, and have to focus on what the British public want. The Moff did it because he didn't like how children had to wait forever for another series. Also, because he wanted to have 2 epic finale-like moments in the series rather than one.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/do...iere-date.html

Just in case you hadn't seen it.

ReputationRep:
    The episode is almost "nearly finished", as The Moff recently tweeted that he's seen a nearly finished version, so I imagine it's got to go through final colour grading and then the final mix. He says it's a belter

ReputationRep:
    And here are the special mini-episodes, for those away from a TV or in another country.

And there should be a trailer coming later, when Matt Smith appears on Comic Relief (apparently as The Doctor).

ReputationRep:
    Watching The Time of Angels :awesome:

This two-parter is so good.

ReputationRep:
    Two Amy Ponds :coma: Two skirts :dice: Glass floor :dice: :tong: :perv: Two Amy Ponds in a threesome :sexface: :perv: :tong: :dice: :drool: :sogood: Amy Pond flirting with herself :woohoo:

ReputationRep:
    I feel so bad for the new doctor. How on earth is he able to hold up to David Tennant?
    however, I have seen the new series and he's a completely different person, so it's hard to compare the two. hmmmmm.
    I still haven't made up my mind on him yet

(Original post by OpenTheFloodGates)
    I feel so bad for the new doctor. How on earth is he able to hold up to David Tennant?
    however, I have seen the new series and he's a completely different person, so it's hard to compare the two. hmmmmm.
    Funny that he's done just that.

Why would you feel bad for him? He's been brilliant so far.

(Original post by OpenTheFloodGates)
    He has done a brilliant job. And that's the point of the character, to be different with each iteration and regeneration. Matt Smith stands out in his own right, as a new Doctor and has in many ways surpassed Tennant. He's refreshing and a pleasure to watch on screen. I've pretty much forgotten about Tennant now.

I think he's a fantastic Doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know if you guys have heard of this - there's going to be some prequel things (presumably minisodes, online) to the next series. There will be 3, and are set to introduce the series.

Source: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/03...ssion-for.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    Watching The Time of Angels :awesome:

This two-parter is so good.
    My favourite episode from the season :awesome: the angels were seriously creepy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    And here are the special mini-episodes, for those away from a TV or in another country.

And there should be a trailer coming later, when Matt Smith appears on Comic Relief (apparently as The Doctor).
    That is very good

ReputationRep:
    Matt Smith also made an appearance on the telethon later in the evening, in character, but was not accompanied by a trailer

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.