The Insomniacs Society Watch

small&mighty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MrCasperTom)
I don't get bothered I just tend to go do something else for half an hour or so. Even before exams, I just don't see the point in getting stressed over it, isn't going to solve much.

Anywho I think I'm going to attempt to find my iPod and sit here listening to music in my nice and cold room and mull over idiots... I mean friends.
Oh dear that doesn't sound like good fun! Well aside from the music.

On another note, I bet Coventry has more chavs than Birmingham.
Kaaatieee
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by steffi.alexa)
Yeah, I know how frustrating it can be. Could you do something like watch a DVD/something online in bed? That way you don't feel that you're trying to fall asleep, you have something to do but you also have the opportunity to accidentally fall asleep.
I hate falling asleep with something left on...bit weird haha

I can't even put a dvd on as I'm just not 'in the mood'. It might seem like I'm coming up with excuses to each bit of your advice but I'm just sooo restless!

small&mighty - I used to not sleep well when I was at sixth form, but I've slept well for the last week or two...until last night. I don't have anything to get up for but I don't like staying in bed past 11 as I feel like I'm wasting part of the day.

MrCasperTom - I sometimes listen to music, it sometimes helps but other times I just can't be bothered
MrCasperTom
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by small&mighty)
Oh dear that doesn't sound like good fun! Well aside from the music.

On another note, I bet Coventry has more chavs than Birmingham.
Ha! I'm not determined to round up all the chavs here and count them. At least I have something to do if I fail to get into Uni :p:

And to be honest I'm kinda used to it. It's generally the same old stuff from the same girl from time to time. Even if I come out with an angry rant (I'm rather good at keeping stuff bottled up but I've snapped once or twice) she doesn't even seem to take notice. It's somewhat annoying and over msn I can't even 100% tell her tone but I just gave up tonight, agreed with stuff she said and I believe pissed her off. Its was loll though as I cba with the crap aha.

(Original post by Kaaatieee)
MrCasperTom - I sometimes listen to music, it sometimes helps but other times I just can't be bothered
I just like sitting in the dark and cold. I'm not like suicidal though :p:

You should really do something else other then try and sleep (preferably off the computer, I know hypocrticial here) as it takes your mind of things. I tend to write, watch DVDs, read, listen to music, talk to myself (mainly in my head :ninja: ) or other stuff. Even if you feel you cba it still helps. Trust me on that one.
Aemiliana
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I hate falling asleep with something left on...bit weird haha

I can't even put a dvd on as I'm just not 'in the mood'. It might seem like I'm coming up with excuses to each bit of your advice but I'm just sooo restless!

small&mighty - I used to not sleep well when I was at sixth form, but I've slept well for the last week or two...until last night. I don't have anything to get up for but I don't like staying in bed past 11 as I feel like I'm wasting part of the day.

Haha don't worry I get like that sometimes too. I usually end up wasting time online until morning.
Kaaatieee
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I just like sitting in the dark and cold. I'm not like suicidal though :p:

You should really do something else other then try and sleep (preferably off the computer, I know hypocrticial here) as it takes your mind of things. I tend to write, watch DVDs, read, listen to music, talk to myself (mainly in my head :ninja: ) or other stuff. Even if you feel you cba it still helps. Trust me on that one.
wellllllllll I have a phobia of the dark so I sometimes totally freak out or sometimes I love sitting in the dark

noooooooooo, this is the only thing stopping me trying to sleep haha
ZahraF
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:nutcase:
small&mighty
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ha! I'm not determined to round up all the chavs here and count them. At least I have something to do if I fail to get into Uni :p:

And to be honest I'm kinda used to it. It's generally the same old stuff from the same girl from time to time. Even if I come out with an angry rant (I'm rather good at keeping stuff bottled up but I've snapped once or twice) she doesn't even seem to take notice. It's somewhat annoying and over msn I can't even 100% tell her tone but I just gave up tonight, agreed with stuff she said and I believe pissed her off. Its was loll though as I cba with the crap aha.
Haha you soo should! :p:

Aww that's not good . Hopefully she'll stop being annoying soon .

Got anything exciting planned for tomorrow?
Aemiliana
Rep:
?
:crazy: :woo:
Kaaatieee
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
someone make me sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
Aemiliana
Rep:
?
someone make me sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
Alcohol?
Kaaatieee
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Alcohol?
I don't like drinking really lol
Aemiliana
Rep:
?
I don't like drinking really lol
Nor do I but it does make me sleepy (though that is partly down to meds I'm on too)
Kaaatieee
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Nor do I but it does make me sleepy (though that is partly down to meds I'm on too)
I need meds really :/ but im not going to start on that lol
Aemiliana
Rep:
?
I need meds really :/ but im not going to start on that lol
These aren't for sleep, you're just not really meant to have alcohol with them. Makes me very tired :teehee:

Have you tried relaxation techniques?
Kaaatieee
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
These aren't for sleep, you're just not really meant to have alcohol with them. Makes me very tired :teehee:

Have you tried relaxation techniques?
I didn't mean for sleep eitherrr

relaxation techniques?? like breathing and stuff? that calmes me down a little if I'm feeling mega nervous or somethin
Aemiliana
Rep:
?
I didn't mean for sleep eitherrr

relaxation techniques?? like breathing and stuff? that calmes me down a little if I'm feeling mega nervous or somethin
Ah okay haha.

Like meditating, you seem quite anxious about trying to sleep and failing - relaxation techniques might make it easier for you to fall asleep.
MrCasperTom
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by small&mighty)
Haha you soo should! :p:

Aww that's not good . Hopefully she'll stop being annoying soon .

Got anything exciting planned for tomorrow?
Ha! I doubt she will. It's been like this for a damn while. Meh I'll live with it and roll with it. My main annoyance coems down to the fact that I'm fine with helping people out and stuff, I'm apparantly good at it, but if I ever (which is rarely I will admit) need someone to talk to it seems the conversation just turns to how she's got that crap and more. It's like seriously, STFU YOU'VE MOANED ABOUT THIS BEFORE!!

I should just find out where my computer stores my MSN conversations and get someone to read them to see if I'm over-reacting :p:

And I have nothing planned for tomorrow. Might go for a walk in the park again, especially if its raining . You?
Kaaatieee
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
[QUOTE=MrCasperTom] but if I ever (which is rarely I will admit) need someone to talk to

QUOTE]
I'm sure one of us will be happy to talk to you if you need anyone
MrCasperTom
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
but if I ever (which is rarely I will admit) need someone to talk to
I'm sure one of us will be happy to talk to you if you need anyone

Thanks for the offer and I do take the time now and again to rant to internet strangers :p:

Although I am always reluctant to rant full faced on a public forum
Kaaatieee
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Thanks for the offer and I do take the time now and again to rant to internet strangers :p:

Although I am always reluctant to rant full faced on a public forum
just do it anonymously then :P i do haha

but im sure you'll get chatting to some of us and speak to us elsewhere, like, so its more personal is that makes sense??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (541)
37.73%
No - but I will (112)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (97)
6.76%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (684)
47.7%

Watched Threads