The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

11 A*s and 1 A! :biggrin: (the A was in literature and I was one off an A* :frown: )

This is a compleeeeeete shock! I cannot stop smiling! :biggrin: :biggrin:
2 A*s, 3 As, 2 Bs, 3 Cs and 1 D! Hooray?!
[video="youtube;-GHX8dvu"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GHX8dvu***[/video]
Reply 7142
History A*
Fine Art A*
Biology A*
Chemistry A
Physics A
Spanish A*
English Language A*
English Literature A*
Media Studies A
RE A*
Citizenship A
Maths A

I really would like to know what you guys think of this; Ibelieve that I want to go into medicine when I'm older, and I'd like to do BIology, Chemistry, Spanish and Psychology for AS level - but I"m also torn between English; I'm not sure whether to swap psychology for English Language - I was thinking of Lit, but there's so much reading to do for that, and I need to focus on sciences... any opinions?
Original post by James A
bbc live now opening results:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/

Why do kids still agree to do this, haven't they seen the videos on youtube where it all goes wrong hahah :biggrin:
12 A*s. I'm so surprised, thought I'd do well to get 9 A*s and 3 As. Congratulations to everyone for their results, and good luck next year!
I think I'm gonna retake . . .
6 A*'s, 4 A's and 1 C, I am SHOCKED! I did not expect this, and to even get A*'s in two sciences was never expected. :O

Here's the breakdown:

Spanish - A*
French - A*
Food Technology - A*
Biology - A*
Physics - A*
English Literature - A*
English Language - A
Maths - A
Chemistry - A
Music - A
Drama - C

Comments:
Really shocked receiving more A*'s than I expected, and to receive an A in Music when my teacher thought I'd get a D is even more crazy! Would have liked a B in Drama and I think I nearly reached it, but I'm still so happy with everything and didn't expect it.
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
Why do kids still agree to do this, haven't they seen the videos on youtube where it all goes wrong hahah :biggrin:

lol if I flopped and got loads of bad grades, I would still say to the camera that I got 11A*'s.
I'm so happy I got 1 A*, 3 A and 7 B's. I thought I would get D's

Posted from TSR Mobile
6 A*s and 4 As! I'm happy beyond belief!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James A
lol if I flopped and got loads of bad grades, I would still say to the camera that I got 11A*'s.

This. :tongue:
Original post by Molly_xox
6 A*s and 4 As! I'm happy beyond belief!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay!
So happy! Got 10 A*s and 1 A overall :woo:
Well done to everyone who got their results :smile:
So so pleased with myself, 3 A*s, 6 A's and 3 B's!
Only dropped 9 marks within all 3 Maths exams!!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 7154
Oh my, there were so many photographers! Had loads of awkward pictures taken :colondollar:

Very happy with 7 A*s, 2 As and 2 Bs!
Has anyone else noticed the english grades being particularly low?
I got 2A* and 7A, 3B, 1C, 1D

However, my problem is that I got a D in English Language and a B in English Literature... which one accounts for the full English GCSE Degree (Are they averaged out to a C for example, or Language takes over the Literature...), I feel like dying... :frown:

If so, then I'll have to re-sit it... but do you still think that I can go to Oxbridge as I got a real passion for chemistry and got all A* for Science tests but only the controlled assessment derived me into a B, concluding my score of an A for each science... :frown: :frown:
Reply 7157
Maths A*
Stats A*
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
History A*
Geography A*
Psychology A*
English Language A
English Literature A
RS Short Course A*